Windows 10: Issue with color settings after upgrade to 1607

Discus and support Issue with color settings after upgrade to 1607 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS8700 w/ a GeForce GT 720 video card connected to a ViewSonic monitor. (I know. Not a great system, but it is what it is.) I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sharksfan7, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Issue with color settings after upgrade to 1607

I have a Dell XPS8700 w/ a GeForce GT 720 video card connected to a ViewSonic monitor. (I know. Not a great system, but it is what it is.) I just upgraded to version 1607 and I'm now having issues with display settings when the computer first boots. I don't know if this is a Windows issue, an NVIDIA driver issue or something else. So my apologies if I posted this in the wrong forum.

When the system boots from a powered off state, everything appears very washed out, like the contrast and/or brightness levels are too high. I can correct it by opening the NVIDIA control panel and changing something in the Desktop Color Settings. Then I just hit Cancel and the settings return to what they should be and everything displays how I'd like them to. It's like these settings are not being loaded by Windows as it boots.

This wasn't an issue on version 1511. I've updated the drivers. I tried using the Color Calibration tool in Windows Settings. Nothing sticks. Once the settings are activated manually, everything runs fine. It's just a bit annoying that they're not loading automatically. And I did notice that whenever I restart without powering off, things display properly without me having to manually change anything. So I'm not sure why it only happens when the computer is first powered on.

Any ideas on what to look at to get these settings to load automatically? Thanks for any advice. Let me know if you need additional info.

TonyS

:)

sharksfan7, Sep 28, 2016
  2. sndp---01 Win User

automatic theme reset problem in lumia 625

After setting a particular theme color (say red) ,and switching off,lumia 625 ,on restart, sets back theme to different color(blue) all the time irrespective of theme color set before restart. Can anyone help me out with this issue?

After the problem started whenever i set my theme to a color different than blue,on restart its getting back to blue color only..

sndp---01, Sep 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10 build 1607 - Text does not Disply

I have an Asus tablet. Original operating system was Windows 8.1; upgraded to Windows 10; now upgraded to Windows 10 build 1607. When running apps (including Store and Edge) large gaps of text do not show up. Where a colored touch box or drop down occurs,
    there is no text in these, just the colored background. How can this be corrected?

John King_383, Sep 28, 2016
Thema:

Issue with color settings after upgrade to 1607

1. Issue with color settings after upgrade to 1607 - Similar Threads - Issue color settings

2. Color printer no longer prints in color after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color printer no longer prints in color after upgrade.: Before the upgrade to 11, my printer worked fine. It is an Epson 4100 series and printed in color. After the update, my color printer no longer prints in color. We have tried turning it off and back on and did the troubleshoot for it but found no issues. Any ideas?TIACynthia...
  3. Color printer no longer prints in color after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color printer no longer prints in color after upgrade.: Before the upgrade to 11, my printer worked fine. It is an Epson 4100 series and printed in color. After the update, my color printer no longer prints in color. We have tried turning it off and back on and did the troubleshoot for it but found no issues. Any ideas?TIACynthia...
  4. Upgrading LTSB 1607 to LTSC 1809 any issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading LTSB 1607 to LTSC 1809 any issues?: I have a laptop currently running LTSB 1607 which I would like to upgrade to LTSC 1809. I wanted to ask if anyone here has done this before and is the process fairly straightforward and painless, or are there oddities, things breaking, settings reset, etc which often happens?...
  5. Issues with Display Color Calibration settings, after calibrating the color accuracy of my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Display Color Calibration settings, after calibrating the color accuracy of my...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XxBryanO [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1pgth/issues_with_display_color_calibration_settings/
  6. Color settings issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color settings issue: My main monitor HP 24f has the same color settings on the hardware as the other's, but when I move a window more than halfway over to the monitor, I assume something in windows changes the colors to a faded. Like from a blue to a faded purple....
  7. Unable to upgrade from 1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade from 1607: Hi When I run Windows Update, Update tells, that my PC is updated, even if it runs 1607. (reason: I have not used my PC for quite som time, but now I want to use it again) I have run all processes on...
  8. Cannot upgrade from 1607

Cannot upgrade from 1607: I have been having problems updating my PC for about a year now. I didn't care about it too much in the past but I would really like to fix this problem as some programs seem to need the 1803 feature update. Right now pretty much every time I turn on my PC it says that I have...
  9. User master after upgrade from 1607 to 1703

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User master after upgrade from 1607 to 1703: Hi, after i upgraded my notebook from 1607 to 1703 i asks for the password of the user master after every boot/reboot. i can't find this user in the user database. How can i delete this user account? Thanks, Peter 94841
  10. Driver Issue during Upgrade to 1607

Driver Issue during Upgrade to 1607: I have windows 10 version 1511 which has run for a long time with no issues at all. Windows now continually (at least once a day) downloads the Anniversary Update but the installation always fails. I am unable to stop this. I checked "Defer Upgrades" but this does not stop...