Windows 10: Issue with "CopyProfile" option in Unattended Install

Discus and support Issue with "CopyProfile" option in Unattended Install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been creating generalized images for deployment in an enterprise scenario. In order to do so, I've installed Windows 10, booted into audit mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chull, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Chull Win User

Issue with "CopyProfile" option in Unattended Install

I have been creating generalized images for deployment in an enterprise scenario. In order to do so, I've installed Windows 10, booted into audit mode from the Welcome Screen, then customized Windows. After this, I can run sysprep with an unattend file (generalized mode) and upload the image to my deployment system. From there, I'm able to deploy the image to any model I choose.

I've done this successfully for both Windows 7 and Windows 10. The issue I'm experiencing is with the CopyProfile option. I believe it to be not working properly for Windows 10.

If you set the value to true in the unattend file, the customization you've made (changing the desktop background, rearranging start menu tiles, editing settings) should transfer to all new user profiles after running sysprep. This works flawlessly for Windows 7. For Windows 10, it does so, but it causes the search bar and Cortana to be inaccessible. The search bar appears in the start menu, but nothing can be typed into it. By other means, you can find the Cortana/Search settings, but those can't be accessed either.

I've run several different experiments, but the only setting that causes this failure is "CopyProfile". I believe it to be broken currently for Windows 10 sysprep. Running sysprep with the same unattend file, without using "CopyProfile," creates no errors.

Let me know if you have any knowledge of this.

:)

Chull, Aug 19, 2015

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Aug 19, 2015
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Jirv311 Win User

I'm seeing this exact behavior. Can you also log in as a new user and check if the Desktop shortcut in Quick access points to the Administrator Desktop folder?

Jirv311, Aug 26, 2015
  5. Deniise91 Win User
    This seems to be a known issue with a particular CU. Try capturing the image without any updates or without the CU mentioned in this article Win 10 Unattend.xml CopyProfile = true, breaks search bar

In the mean time, have you successfully managed to modify the start menu to your liking and then using copyprofile to copy your menu to new profiles? Are you using an SCCM task sequence with an unattend file to deploy the image?

Deniise91, Sep 2, 2015
  6. Jirv311 Win User
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I'm using MDT 2013 U1. For the time being, I have modified the start menu, captured the LayoutModification.xml and copying that manually to the Default profile. Then any other settings, like desktop icons, I configured by loading the Default registry hive and changing additional settings there. This gets me by without CopyProfile for now.

Jirv311, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Issue with "CopyProfile" option in Unattended Install - Similar Threads - Issue CopyProfile option

2. Need partitioning script for unattended install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need partitioning script for unattended install: Hi I already have a working answer file but it works with wiping/formatting the whole disk. Can't figure out how to do this without wiping the disk, it would be useful for friends[remote ones] who like to clean install without interaction. (if one has important files on a...
  3. Unattended installation with a Dell Optiplex computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unattended installation with a Dell Optiplex computer: Hi there, I'm trying to figure out how to complete an unattended installation of Windows 10 on various Dell Optiplex systems. We do a fresh install of each system when it arrives and as Dell ship computers with a BIOS string and pre-installed OEM image with no license key...
  4. OOBE Unattended install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OOBE Unattended install: I am trying to be able to quickly provision machines with windows pre-installed. I created the below answer file and named it unattend.xml. I put this on the root of a blank flash drive and booted, it did not grab the file. Did i miss something? <?xml version="1.0"...
  5. Problems with CopyProfile

Problems with CopyProfile: Hi, I'm trying to capture and deploy a custom Windows 10 64-bit Education 1903 (build 18362.449) image for a client and, amongst others, have followed some of the brilliant guides on this forum. I've succeeded in building the reference computer and an autounattend.xml file...
  6. Unattended install question

Unattended install question: Unattended install of custom install.wim working well except for a few things. In unattend.xml, I have <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE> but I was still asked to connect to Wireless. I was also asked to choose Privacy settings for my device. Is there an...
  7. After copyprofile, installs don't initialize

in Windows 10 Customization
    After copyprofile, installs don't initialize: Ugh! This is so frustrating. I have created a million of images using copyprofile and this has never been an issue! I copyprofiled and now I can't do an install in the local administrator profile to update the image. I deleted the profile but the same issue exists. Help. 109826
  8. CopyProfile on existing computer

CopyProfile on existing computer: I have a coworker setting up now computers and the boss wants her to leave the OEM OS on them. The only thing is, there are customizations that need to be a part of the default profile. I do the imaging here and use CopyProfile then capture the image. How can she do this on...
  9. CopyProfile XML for Start layout

CopyProfile XML for Start layout: Has anyone managed to get customize the start menu and then copying that customization in the default user by using the CopyProfile method? Link: Start layout for Windows 10 desktop editions - Windows 10 hardware dev Moreover, has anyone successfully deployed this via SCCM...
  10. Problems with unattended Windows 10 installation.

Problems with unattended Windows 10 installation.: I have problem to install Windows 10 with an unattended xml file. Following error message appear "No images are available." Below the text is the content of my unattended xml file. I have also attached an picture about error message. Can someone help me with this problem?...