Windows 10: Issue with Fullscreen vs Windowed Mode

Discus and support Issue with Fullscreen vs Windowed Mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good morning, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate. After much tweaking I have gotten games to be playable while in windowed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tswolls, Sep 18, 2017.

1. tswolls Win User

Issue with Fullscreen vs Windowed Mode

Good morning,
    I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate. After much tweaking I have gotten games to be playable while in windowed mode. When switched to fullscreen, the fps stays ~60 but the graphics become very choppy. The current game I am testing is AC Unity. At first fps was capped around 24fps, but after forcing VSync off the game is playable in Windowed with similar performance to that of Win7 at 1080p.

I have tried a clean install of GPU drivers, tweaking settings in the NV Control Panel, setting display to 100% scale, PC restarts, changing paging file size. There is something about fullscreen mode that is causing an issue.

i5 4690k, GTX 970, 24GB RAM.

Thank you,
    Tyler

:)

tswolls, Sep 18, 2017
  2. MikeMine Win User

Task Bar wont hide in Fullscreen windowed mode. Please help.

Thank you for answering, I did try that before but it didnt really help since i play shooter games and the mouse just goes out of the screen, but no worries i fixed the problem. Thank you either way.

MikeMine, Sep 18, 2017
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    Task Bar wont hide in Fullscreen windowed mode. Please help.

Hi Mike,

Prior to this issue, have you done any updates on your computer? To troubleshoot this concern, please try these steps:

1. Right click on the Task bar.

2. Click on Properties.

3. Put a check mark on the Auto-hide the task bar
    option

4. Click Apply and hit OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Sep 18, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

This is the inherent issue of a OS upgrade, especially one as significant as windows 10 as the architecture and kernel are assimilated. And for the most part most users never experience any issues while others have complete brake downs. This is why I always go for a clean install from one OS to the next.

You can do a clean install from a upgrade, this is one of the perks of windows 10. Download the media creation tool the choose your install media type.....usb or dvd, follow the install instructions, then when asked to input PD Key...skip that and go on with the install. It will activate windows 10 automatically.

Plankton, Sep 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Issue with Fullscreen vs Windowed Mode - Similar Threads - Issue Fullscreen Windowed

2. Windows 10 Fullscreen Screeshot Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Fullscreen Screeshot Issues: I am gamer and love taking screenshots of my games when there is very nice visuals or a memorable moment is happening. In the past, I've always used "Windows + Prnt Screen" . Now all of a sudden my screenshots are not synced with what is currently on my display. For example,...
  3. Microsoft Treasure Hunt stuck in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Treasure Hunt stuck in fullscreen mode: MS Treasure Hunt is stuck in fullscreen mode since the last Windows 10 update and I can't figure out how to turn off fullscreen. Please help. I suspect it's a simple command, but I don't know it. I've tried Ctrl - (which closes the app) and Esc (which does nothing). The...
  4. Windows 10 fullscreen TEST MODE watermark

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 fullscreen TEST MODE watermark: I bought a new Dell laptop and it came with a Windows 10 Home Single Language activated with a digital licence linked to my Microsoft acount, but from time to time I get a fullscreen watermark sayint TEST MODE. I went to Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation...
  5. Night mode vs brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night mode vs brightness: I can't change the brightness of the screen, no matter how hard I try. The only option I get is if I want to turn night mode on or off, which does not help much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-mode-vs-brightness/5488c892-0929-4451-85e2-fd5add821fc6
  6. Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode: so lately i got a problem with the games most likely with the thirt person ones,when i enter fullscreen from alt+tab the game becomes choppy(i have good fps so its not a lag problem) when i move my character and mouse.I even reinstalled windows(10 Pro) and its still the same...
  7. Multimonitor fullscreen issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multimonitor fullscreen issue: Hi, When using the Windows 10 Netflix app or Edge watching full screen i can't get it to stay there all the time while i'm doing other things on my other monitors. i have 3 monitors usually watching a movie or YouTube clip on edge/Netflix and doing other thing on the other...
  8. Taskbar still visible in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar still visible in fullscreen mode: I have been facing an issue where the taskbar is still visible when launching a full screen application, such as game, a video player or even some applications like Remote Desktop Connection. The only way to solve this is restarting Windows Explorer process through Task...
  9. Tablet Mode In Fullscreen On PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Tablet Mode In Fullscreen On PC: Where to find it. Tablet mode will basically go fullscreen on your pc, removing windowed apps and turning the Start menu into the Start screen. To turn it on or off, follow these easy steps. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html If you want to do...
  10. taskbar in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar in fullscreen mode: Not sure if I need to put the thread here or in software but as of recently whenever I go to fullscreen mode for a video or game, no matter which application the task bar for windows still shows. I never had auto hide on before and until recently never was an issue. This is a...