Windows 10: Issue with Fullscreen vs Windowed Mode

Discus and support Issue with Fullscreen vs Windowed Mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good morning, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate. After much tweaking I have gotten games to be playable while in windowed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tswolls, Sep 18, 2017.

1. tswolls Win User

Issue with Fullscreen vs Windowed Mode

Good morning,
    I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate. After much tweaking I have gotten games to be playable while in windowed mode. When switched to fullscreen, the fps stays ~60 but the graphics become very choppy. The current game I am testing is AC Unity. At first fps was capped around 24fps, but after forcing VSync off the game is playable in Windowed with similar performance to that of Win7 at 1080p.

I have tried a clean install of GPU drivers, tweaking settings in the NV Control Panel, setting display to 100% scale, PC restarts, changing paging file size. There is something about fullscreen mode that is causing an issue.

i5 4690k, GTX 970, 24GB RAM.

Thank you,
    Tyler

:)

tswolls, Sep 18, 2017
  2. MikeMine Win User

Task Bar wont hide in Fullscreen windowed mode. Please help.

Thank you for answering, I did try that before but it didnt really help since i play shooter games and the mouse just goes out of the screen, but no worries i fixed the problem. Thank you either way.

MikeMine, Sep 18, 2017
  3. Liezl Fal Win User
    Task Bar wont hide in Fullscreen windowed mode. Please help.

Hi Mike,

Prior to this issue, have you done any updates on your computer? To troubleshoot this concern, please try these steps:

1. Right click on the Task bar.

2. Click on Properties.

3. Put a check mark on the Auto-hide the task bar
    option

4. Click Apply and hit OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Sep 18, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

This is the inherent issue of a OS upgrade, especially one as significant as windows 10 as the architecture and kernel are assimilated. And for the most part most users never experience any issues while others have complete brake downs. This is why I always go for a clean install from one OS to the next.

You can do a clean install from a upgrade, this is one of the perks of windows 10. Download the media creation tool the choose your install media type.....usb or dvd, follow the install instructions, then when asked to input PD Key...skip that and go on with the install. It will activate windows 10 automatically.

Plankton, Sep 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Issue with Fullscreen vs Windowed Mode - Similar Threads - Issue Fullscreen Windowed

2. Fullscreen Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen Issues: Having some problems getting games/applications to work in fullscreen. The screen will typically go black, and I’ll be able to move the mouse around and hear music if any, but I can’t interact with anything. Whenever this happens, I have to shut off the computer itself and...
  3. Fullscreen Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen Issues: Having some problems getting games/applications to work in fullscreen. The screen will typically go black, and I’ll be able to move the mouse around and hear music if any, but I can’t interact with anything. Whenever this happens, I have to shut off the computer itself and...
  4. lagging in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lagging in fullscreen mode: hi , i have a problem whit my computer . when im gonna play all my games , when im going to full scren mode it lags but when i go to windowed mode it doesnt , can i get help pls ?...
  5. lagging in fullscreen mode

lagging in fullscreen mode: hi , i have a problem whit my computer . when im gonna play all my games , when im going to full scren mode it lags but when i go to windowed mode it doesnt , can i get help pls ?...
  6. fullscreen issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fullscreen issue: so. undertale last breath is a game i play but it starts in a small window so im like "no problem ill just run a trouble shooter" i couldnt go fullscreen but i cant see the whole game when the troubleshooter makes the screen smaller....
  7. fullscreen issue

fullscreen issue: so. undertale last breath is a game i play but it starts in a small window so im like "no problem ill just run a trouble shooter" i couldnt go fullscreen but i cant see the whole game when the troubleshooter makes the screen smaller....
  8. Fullscreen Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fullscreen Issues: Every time I exit fullscreen from youtube, or anything really that has a fullscreen function, I get forced into a "windowed" state and have to manually maximize each time this happens, any help? submitted by /u/Heusan [link] [comments]...
  9. Fullscreen mode problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fullscreen mode problem: I reccently purchased Virtual Pool 4 from Celeris. I previously could run the game in fullscreen mode but after the last update I cannot run it and it freezes when I am trying to change the resolution (1440 x 2560). The graphics driver is updated. Windows are updated. I tried...
  10. taskbar in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar in fullscreen mode: Not sure if I need to put the thread here or in software but as of recently whenever I go to fullscreen mode for a video or game, no matter which application the task bar for windows still shows. I never had auto hide on before and until recently never was an issue. This is a...