Windows 10: Issue with Graphics Driver Update Resulting in Blank Screen on Restart

Discus and support Issue with Graphics Driver Update Resulting in Blank Screen on Restart in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a persistent issue I have been encountering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Amit Solanki12, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Issue with Graphics Driver Update Resulting in Blank Screen on Restart

Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a persistent issue I have been encountering with the latest graphics driver updates on my system.Upon updating to the latest version, after the company logo appears during the restart, the screen remains blank. Subsequently, I am compelled to uninstall the driver and revert to the previous version to regain functionality.I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter. Any guidance, updates, or solutions you can provide to ensure a seamless experience with the latest graphics dri

:)

Amit Solanki12, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

FIX SCREEN SO IT DOESN'T GO BLANK

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer screen goes blank after sometime, I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you see any error message on the screen when the computer screen goes blank?
    • When you say “I need to fix it so that doesn't happen” how are you fixing the screen?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

If you are using a Desktop, then the first thing I would suggest you to do is check if the cables are connected properly.

Method 1: Refresh Graphics driver

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

Method 2: Update graphics driver

I suggest you to try updating the graphics card driver and see if that helps. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Driver
    4. Restart the computer.

Article for reference: Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Graphics driver "requires further installation."

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing, I will be glad to you help you.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the display drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 3, 2023
  4. Issue with Graphics Driver Update Resulting in Blank Screen on Restart

Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

Issue with Graphics Driver Update Resulting in Blank Screen on Restart

1. Issue with Graphics Driver Update Resulting in Blank Screen on Restart - Similar Threads - Issue Graphics Driver

2. Graphics Driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Driver issues: So, I tried to update my graphics driver Intel UHD and it's version is 27.20.100.9079 , I tried to run the automatic installer for the 31.0.101.2115 version. Everything is done, I check the version to see if it updated, it's still the old one but it tells me that it's up to...
  3. Issue with Graphics Driver Update Resulting in Blank Screen on Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Graphics Driver Update Resulting in Blank Screen on Restart: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a persistent issue I have been encountering with the latest graphics driver updates on my system.Upon updating to the latest version, after the company logo appears during...
  4. graphics driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    graphics driver issues: i need some help reinstalling my graphics driver on my pci have an NVidia GeForce GTX 960 windows 10 64-biti downloaded OBS studio to try and record videos with me and my friends and it asked me to get a new driver for it, so i followed along and went to the official NVIDIA...
  5. Graphic Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic Driver Issue: Hallo, I am a graphic designer and I use Cinema 4D for 3D modeling, since a month ago I sometimes receive this message while using Cinema 4D "please check if your graphics driver and OS are up to date" after the message the software crashes. And I am experiencing some...
  6. Graphic Driver Issue

Graphic Driver Issue: Hallo, I am a graphic designer and I use Cinema 4D for 3D modeling, since a month ago I sometimes receive this message while using Cinema 4D "please check if your graphics driver and OS are up to date" after the message the software crashes. And I am experiencing some...
  7. Graphics driver update... Black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphics driver update... Black screen: Hey allI have an AMD RX580 8GB and have just downloaded the latest drivers through the radeon app. The update needed me to restart the PC however the PC failed to restart and has left me with a blank screen. I have tried turning it on and off numerous times however this...
  8. Blank screen, disabled graphics driver in device manager

Blank screen, disabled graphics driver in device manager: Hi, I have a gaming laptop and usually the screen hooked up to my tv as I only using it for gaming. The last time it was being used having no issues, was connected to the TV with a HDMI cable, was shut off and I didn’t see any problems. I didn’t use it it for around a month...
  9. Laptop restarting-Graphics/Display driver issue

Laptop restarting-Graphics/Display driver issue: Been using Windows 10 for a while. Just started getting stopcodes and Windows restarting. Seems to only happen when running a website with graphics. Using an older laptop with Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family WDDM 1.1 which has been discontinued and appears to...
  10. Graphic driver issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic driver issue: Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1616&SUBSYS_382017AA&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 requires further installation. Graphic driver is up-to-date, so I don't know what's causing the issue. 58643