Windows 10: Issue with logging in on to old laptop

Discus and support Issue with logging in on to old laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Here is the deal. Long time ago (6 months or so) I installed windows 10 on my old laptop. Today I accidentally locked my stuff (new laptop, everything)... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Asdford, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Asdford Win User

Issue with logging in on to old laptop

Here is the deal. Long time ago (6 months or so) I installed windows 10 on my old laptop. Today I accidentally locked my stuff (new laptop, everything) at the office, so decided to go home and use my old laptop for work. However, I have already updated my windows profile with a new email and password, so when I turn on my old laptop I see the old account (I recognize it by the old email address) - as you can imagine, this old local account doesn't match with a new login info I use, so I now can't login to my old win 10 laptop. And obviously I don't remember th at old local account password.

Resetting password online on WI does official site doesn't help because it is asking to reset the password for my new email, not the old one.

How to fix that?

:)

Asdford, Oct 2, 2016
  2. Qba_EU Win User

Issue with logging in to second Account on Windows 10

Hello!

I hava an issue with logging in to the second Account on Windows 10.

I have created the second account on my computer for my wife. But when she wants to log in, the system in showing first "loggin in" and then "loggin out" and is returning to the log in option.

I created first the second account by creating a "family account" then I tried creating a conventional account. In both cases the problem persists.

I have tried these solution:

How to: create a Local Account in Windows 10

It didn't helped.

How can I solve this problem?

Regards

Kuba

[moved from German Forums]

Qba_EU, Oct 2, 2016
  3. Issue with logging in to second Account on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to create a new local account and check if the issue persisting in that account also.

Create a Local Account

Create a local account and try log in to your system.

Check if it allows you to log in.

If you are able to log in. I suggest you to make it as MS Account and see if the issue persists or not. Follow the same procedure.

Refer the below article created by Andre Da Costa to know
    How to: create a Local Account in Windows 10.

Click on,
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-win_upgrade/how-to-create-a-local-account-in-windows-10/95097c32-40c4-48c0-8f3b-3bcb67afaf7c

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 2, 2016
Thema:

Issue with logging in on to old laptop

1. Issue with logging in on to old laptop - Similar Threads - Issue logging old

2. Can't log in to old laptop, forgot password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in to old laptop, forgot password: I have a laptop that I forgot my password to login. I can't reset windows because it requires the same lost password perform the action. I have everything backed up so deleting everything isn't an issue....
  3. Can't Log into Windows on Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Log into Windows on Old Laptop: Hello. I am trying to log into an old laptop to retrieve some photo files. The Windows password I have recorded does not work. I tried to reset the password, but the system is telling me that I need a recovery disk--which I do not have have. Then I tried to reset using the...
  4. Can't Log into Windows on Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Log into Windows on Old Laptop: Hello. I am trying to log into an old laptop to retrieve some photo files. The Windows password I have recorded does not work. I tried to reset the password, but the system is telling me that I need a recovery disk--which I do not have have. Then I tried to reset using the...
  5. Can't Log into Windows on Old Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Old log on info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Old log on info: How do I remove old user ID information to log in to my bank. When I log in to my bank I have to input a User ID. I have a few wrong attempts and just want to tidy it up. Cheers.....
  7. Issues logging into my Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues logging into my Toshiba laptop: When my laptop starts up, not getting login screen to enter password. It directly goes yto background ,screensaver screen. When i press any key, it attempts to get to login screen ,password text box flickers and its back to my screensaver. Any help is appreciated. thanks...
  8. Issues logging into my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues logging into my laptop: I have been having trouble with windows latly, and I suspected I have a currupted version of windows. I wanted to use the sfm /scannow to find and fix currupted files, but I kept recieving errors the it could not finish. upon googling the error code, I was was going to...
  9. Issues Logging into Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues Logging into Laptop: My laptop updated and now I am not able to log in because it asks for a password and I usually use a passcode. I have tried to change my password and log in, but it does not work. I figured out by holding down the shift key and pressing power, it brings me to settings, but I...
  10. Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Strange issue with old Toshiba Laptop: Hello. i have one Toshiba Laptop that every now and them has the hard drive LED stuck (as if using disk at 100%) and then hard disk dissappears for good (not detected) until PC is powered off and it's left that way for a while. I checked SMART values and health was ok. I did...