Windows 10: issue with low res game coming out of sleep mode

Discus and support issue with low res game coming out of sleep mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently upgraded a friends computer to windows 10 and we're running into an annoying issue while playing a low resolution (800x600?) game. The game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Crazycroat, Oct 7, 2015.

1. issue with low res game coming out of sleep mode

Recently upgraded a friends computer to windows 10 and we're running into an annoying issue while playing a low resolution (800x600?) game. The game boots up fine and everything is great until we pause and come out of sleep mode when the whole image on the screen is compressed to half the screen with inverted colors (this same thing happens when the windows key is hit to go back to the desktop and try to go back to the game). The image isnt frozen, you can hear the sounds and see things lighting up. The actions are working on the whole screen but the image is compressed to the left half of the screen. So it seems to me that there's some software issue involving the graphics card since the computer is having issues switching between resolutions? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

:)

Crazycroat, Oct 7, 2015

2. Update (KB4038788). When will it be fixed?

I have the same issue, computer locking up when coming out of sleep mode. After having to reboot the computer three times on 9/14 after a 9/13 KB4038788 update, I did a system restore to just prior to the update. All was well until the updater re-installed
    KB4038788 again on 9/15. Same problem coming out of sleep mode again. Yesterday, I set sleep mode to 'never' and all has been well since then. I'll have to leave it that way until the issue is resolved unless someone comes up with a fix.

DougFieldjr, Oct 7, 2015
  3. David Haz Win User
    Coming out of sleep mode on Windows 10

Hi Dave,

It could be that your firmware or BIOS settings needs to be updated or that a setting in the BIOS may have been incorrectly set. On a lighter note, we have found a thread that is most likely to be similar to the issue that you are experiencing in waking
    up your device from Sleep. You may find this thread by clicking on this link.
    Kindly see the answer provided by Andre Da Costa in that thread and see if it helps.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Oct 7, 2015
  4. issue with low res game coming out of sleep mode

The computer is put into sleep mode with the game up?

Usually this does not end well for any game. older games will not alt-tab well either. (hitting the Win key to "tab" out is basically the same thing.)
    Most likely the issue is the game losing exclusive mode and not getting it back.

What is the game you're playing?

SylenThunder, Oct 8, 2015
  5. The game is an older version of risk, would it help to uninstall and reinstall? We just upgraded to 10 (no clean install)

Crazycroat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

issue with low res game coming out of sleep mode

1. issue with low res game coming out of sleep mode - Similar Threads - issue low res

2. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  3. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  4. Low res installers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low res installers: All installers are super low res . And orange app is also super low res . My monitor is a 1080 p one submitted by /u/Gooierwheat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9t12g/low_res_installers/
  5. Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode: Hi all came home from work , opened laptop hit space bar and was faced with the dreaded stop screen happened so fast did not even get a chance to see it. not sure maybe this could be due to a firmware update on my crucial ssd there trying to fix the overtemp error crap with...
  6. Stuck in low -res in W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuck in low -res in W10: I cannot get W10 to display anything other than low-res. Screen resolution is greyed out in display, so cannot change. Monitor works fine with another W10 machine and with other PCs and laptops. What is the fix? Monitor comes up as Generic, so cannot load the correct...
  7. Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop PC Not Coming Out Of Sleep Mode: Hi; I'm having an issue with a HP laptop running Win 10 (Upgrade from Win 7 in 2017). I had the laptop in sleep mode. When I opened the lid, I expected the laptop to power on. The power light comes on, but I see nothing but a black screen. The fan is however running. In...
  8. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode: Running a Dell XPS 15, (L502X). Upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro yesterday. Played around a bit with the new OS and then went off to other things. Laptop went into sleep mode after 15 minutes as it always has. But this time I couldn't wake it up. Required me to power off the unit,...
  9. Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?: Win10 1703 Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode only Very intermittent ..Tried another monitor same problem The Icons and Folders flash and If I can lucky on a reboot all is ok If not the only things I can see are the text part of the Icons , shortcuts and Folders...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...