Windows 10: Issue with storage

Discus and support Issue with storage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , I wonder if anyone can help me. I recently upgraded to windows ten but ever since I did my computer keeps telling me I do not have the correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Slthomas2003, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Issue with storage

Hi , I wonder if anyone can help me. I recently upgraded to windows ten but ever since I did my computer keeps telling me I do not have the correct permissions to read/write files. I have tried to change the settings to allow the one and only account the permissions. It works temporarily but after a few days it goes back to not allowing me again. I also tried activating the built in administrator account to save files but of course a built in administrator account cannot access the same things as the original account can. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sam

:)

Slthomas2003, Oct 10, 2015

2. Issue with Removable Storage Devices

So I have an employee who needs a flash drive to work on his computer and when I plug it into the computer it notices that yes a new drive is added however upon attempting to access it I get (drive letter): not accessible access is denied. I have already
    tried changing the owner of the drive however when attempting to do that I get the same error. So to fix this I went into gpedit.msc and changed the removable storage access under both computer and user configurations and the drive would work. However after
    a reboot the drive goes back to saying not accessible access is denied. even though in the gpedit.msc configurations for both users and computer the state is set to not configured.

Jacob Wallace, Oct 10, 2015
  3. Storage Issue with my Windows Phone(Lumia 820)

I would recommend
    this
    wiki article that is written specifically with this issue in mind.

Jay_answers, Oct 10, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Issue with storage

Where exactly are these files you are having trouble with?
    Are you on a domain or a home network?
    Are the files associated with a particular program?

Kanata, Oct 10, 2015
  5. They are normally word documents but I'm also having problems with saving PDFs or any other file that needs saving in my documents. It's a home network. I use Microsoft word 2002 and I am considering buying the newer version if it will help resolve the problem

Slthomas2003, Oct 11, 2015
  6. Abc123 Win User
    All I can say is whatever you do, DO NOT get so sick of this problem that you attempt to resolve it by taking ownership of "C:", because that's exactly what I did and it bricked my brand new laptop for a week. Good luck and hopefully someone with more knowledge on the subject can actually help you.

edit: Also, you may get more help if you rename the title of the post to "issues with file ownership" rather than "storage"

Abc123, Oct 11, 2015
  7. Kanata Win User
    Was there something that changed with the logon account(s) you are using? A separate Documents folder is created for each user profile and corresponds to that particular user who is logged on, so possibly a permissions issue because of using the wrong account.

Kanata, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Issue with storage

1. Issue with storage - Similar Threads - Issue storage

2. One Drive storage issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive storage issue: I received a notification telling me that I was out of storage on OneDrive Cloud on my personal account so I bought extra storage. I received an email from Microsoft confirming this and acknowledging the credit card used. However, I still keep seeing the icon at the bottom...
  3. One Drive storage issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive storage issue: I received a notification telling me that I was out of storage on OneDrive Cloud on my personal account so I bought extra storage. I received an email from Microsoft confirming this and acknowledging the credit card used. However, I still keep seeing the icon at the bottom...
  4. One Drive storage issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 storage space caused issue

Windows 10 storage space caused issue: I installed Windows 10 on half of a 500 GB SSD and Linux on the other half. So my computer is still usable without windows working but I have some important work that is more difficult with Linux compatible tools only. I ran out of storage space on my windows partition. My pc...
  6. Windows 10 storage space caused issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 storage space caused issue: I installed Windows 10 on half of a 500 GB SSD and Linux on the other half. So my computer is still usable without windows working but I have some important work that is more difficult with Linux compatible tools only. I ran out of storage space on my windows partition. My pc...
  7. Windows 10 storage space caused issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Storage issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage issues: HiI changed to Onedrive business a few months ago - all data is on there now. When I look in my storage area, it shows Onedrive as being 118GB - but when I select View One Drive, it doesn't have an app associated with it. I'm assuming therefore this is data from the One Drive...
  9. Storage issues

Storage issues: HiI changed to Onedrive business a few months ago - all data is on there now. When I look in my storage area, it shows Onedrive as being 118GB - but when I select View One Drive, it doesn't have an app associated with it. I'm assuming therefore this is data from the One Drive...
  10. Huge windows 11 laptop storage issue

Huge windows 11 laptop storage issue: I need to free up space on my laptop. It's maxed out at 256/256 GB, showing that the apps are taking up 160 GB of storage. However, settings only find 141 apps most came on the computer and only 2 take up more than a gigabyte of space. The 2 in question are Google Play Games...