Windows 10: Issue with "suggestions" in the search box.

Discus and support Issue with "suggestions" in the search box. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello *Wink when I type something in the windows search bar, it automatically fills itself with a program's name and I can't change anything about it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Julesrowland, May 16, 2017.

1. Issue with "suggestions" in the search box.

Hello *Wink
    when I type something in the windows search bar, it automatically fills itself with a program's name and I can't change anything about it. The only thing I can do is click on the program, or the search bar. Clicking on the search bar results in the word being fully typed out. (I'm sorry for my vague description I've included a screenshot. I find it really difficulty to describe my issue tbh)

I hope that you'll be able to help me out *Biggrin

- Julian *Cool

Issue with "suggestions" in the search box. [​IMG]

:)

Julesrowland, May 16, 2017

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, May 16, 2017
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, May 16, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Issue with "suggestions" in the search box.

Keep typing until your chosen subject appears listed above, then click on it.
    The above listed are only suggestions and change as you type more letters until you finally see what you want, a time saver.

dencal, May 16, 2017
  5. That's my problem; I can't keep typing. On my other windows 10 desktop I can, but on my laptop I can't.
    I should also mention that this doesn't always happen, but it just sometimes does and I have no idea whatr triggers it.

6. dencal Win User
    Right click on M$ icon (bottom left) click on Windows PowerShell (admin) and copy paste the following.

sfc /scannow
    Press Enter and post back the result.

dencal, May 16, 2017
  7. lmaneke Win User
    That's a problem with Cortana. Do the sfc -scannow as said.

lmaneke, May 16, 2017
  8. Issue with "suggestions" in the search box.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>

the sfc scannow results.

9. dencal Win User
    Keyboard malfunction perhaps?.....sorry I cannot think of any other solution, especially as you state it works sometimes.

dencal, May 16, 2017
  10. dencal Win User
    dencal, May 16, 2017
  11. I get that. I'll try the troubleshooter, thanks ^^

Julesrowland, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Issue with "suggestions" in the search box.

1. Issue with "suggestions" in the search box. - Similar Threads - Issue suggestions search

2. Windows search box issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search box issue: When I'm trying to use my windows 10 search box it will show for a while and close right away.. how to fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-box-issue/40e31bdb-77b1-4d18-85a3-9faf15cd03ae
  3. Windows search box issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search box issue: When I'm trying to use my windows 10 search box it will show for a while and close right away.. how to fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-box-issue/40e31bdb-77b1-4d18-85a3-9faf15cd03ae
  4. Windows search box issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cortana annoying "Suggested" popup when clicking search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana annoying "Suggested" popup when clicking search box: How do I get rid of Cortana's annoying features like the "Suggested" window that pops up when I click in the search bar?Example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-annoying-suggested-popup-when-clicking/13388297-f5ae-4d95-b952-f034b81c5e29
  6. Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working

Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working: For a long time I've used Google as a search engine. I use the address bar for search, don't like suggestions, so when I got Edge I had to learn how to turn off all that stuff. Worked fine. No dropdown.Recently I tried DuckDuckGo, didn't like it, went back to Google....
  7. Replace Search icon with Search box issue

Replace Search icon with Search box issue: Hello, I have this problem with my lenovo yoga, where I have the search icon in my taskbar, but I want the search box to replace the icon, I have tried to right click the taskbar and look for "properties" to access "Access Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", but I don't have...
  8. Issue with search box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with search box: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SirHamsterton [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j56n5x/issue_with_search_box/
  9. Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box

in Browsers and Email
    Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box: I did about two hours of research on this, and only found several similar issue, and none seem to have had a real fix. Some say it randomly stopped working, and then randomly started working again, and just about all said they reset about everything they can think of (which I...
  10. Search box disappears issue

in Cortana
    Search box disappears issue: I was able to get the search box to stop disappearing by changing the setting for Cortana from "Show Search Box " to " Show Cortana Icon ", close the window and then bring up the back again to the Cortana setting and change it back to " Show Search Box ". I have not...