Windows 10: Issue with Surface Pro 4 waking up. Please help!

Discus and support Issue with Surface Pro 4 waking up. Please help! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I'm new to the formum and I was hoping to get some help regarding my new Surface Pro 4. The issue I'm, having is that whenever my Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Craig877071, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Issue with Surface Pro 4 waking up. Please help!

Hey everyone, I'm new to the formum and I was hoping to get some help regarding my new Surface Pro 4. The issue I'm, having is that whenever my Surface Pro sleeps or hibernates I am unable to wake it back up. When this happens I have to do a hard reset each time which gets annoying. My device is up to date as of 02-03-2016 and I've tried turning off hibernate and altering what pushing the power button does but nothing seems to solve the problem. Any insight would be appreciated.

:)

Craig877071, Mar 2, 2016
  2. WuGa Win User

High cpu utilization 40% on Surface 4 Pro, Service Host local system (network restricted 14) cpu more than 40%

Running 10586, problems:

1) I did not put my surface 4 pro to sleep overnight, it will go to this high CPU load by itself

2) I have issue doing restart/shutdown but to force shutdown everytime

3) I always have issue on sleep, either it is heating up the surface or it sleep forever and doesnt wake up

4) Upon wake up, WIFI always cannot be connected, either I need to disable/enable the Marvell AVASTAR adapter in device manager or under network connection (this window sometime hang) to connect to WIFI again.

Is there a solution to all these? If not please advise and I will ditch Surface 4 Pro (I has been Surface user since Surface Pro) as it highly affected my daily work.

Tried DISM, SFC and all completed without issue, previously corrupted files/something was fixed.

Surface 4 Pro i7, 512GB SSD, 16GB Ram - Windows Update all updated.

PS: The first i get it installed, it took me 3 times to reinstall as it always stuck at login screen, not sure that time is it because of compatibility issue with kaspersky internet security (I has been using kaspersky for 10 years).

Thanks!

WuGa, Mar 2, 2016
  3. Randy_845 Win User
    No "Allow wake timers" option in advanced power settings

There is no "Allow wake timers" option under "Sleep" (or anywhere) in the advanced power settings. The only option under "Sleep" is "Sleep after". Was this removed in a recent update? Might it be something that a group policy removed? Could it be something
    specific to the Surface Pro 4? I need to be able to disable the wake timers.

Possibly related information: "Allow scheduled maintenance to wake up my computer at the scheduled time" is greyed out in the maintenance settings in the "Security and Maintenance" control panel and the "Schedule a time" radio button in "Restart options"
    in "Settings" is also greyed out (and supposedly off, but I do not know if the setting is honored when there is no option to change the setting).

System details:

Surface Pro 4

Windows 10 Pro 1709 build 16299.192

Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 4 / Power, battery, and performance

Randy_845, Mar 2, 2016
  4. Hydranix Win User

Issue with Surface Pro 4 waking up. Please help!

Try resetting to OS so that default settings are restored. The surface tablets use a couple unique features regarding power settings. Changing them can cause problems.

Do not reinstall your OS from scratch, I've interpreted (possibly incorrectly) Microsoft's policy that this voids your warranty.

Hydranix, Mar 2, 2016
  5. PJLLB Win User
    I do not have this problem but others do. This issue is dealt with on the Microsoft Community Surface forum. You might check it out.

PJLLB, Mar 2, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    Unfortunately this appears to have been a problem with a certain amount of these computers...a bad batch perhaps.
    I believe that most of the problems (I will list my own) are updating from version 10240 to 10586.
    Have had to RTM two different ones within two weeks faults being....unable to wake, freezing, graphics display driver kept cutting out or variable light, faulty registry source files missing, advised by seller to clean install which did not solve the problems.
    The second one was RTM,d this week.
    What I will say is when working a fabulous piece of kit, and will certainly repurchase one when these faults are eradicated.

dencal, Mar 3, 2016
  7. dencal Win User
    dencal, Mar 4, 2016
  8. Issue with Surface Pro 4 waking up. Please help!

steveslxcpc, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Issue with Surface Pro 4 waking up. Please help!

1. Issue with Surface Pro 4 waking up. Please help! - Similar Threads - Issue Surface Pro

2. Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone: This is extremely frustrating. I put my surface pro in my backpack fully charged and when I get it back the battery has been drained to 50%.The light of the screen even wakes me up in the middle of the night for no reason.* There are no BIOS "USB wake up" options.* The Power...
  3. Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone: This is extremely frustrating. I put my surface pro in my backpack fully charged and when I get it back the battery has been drained to 50%.The light of the screen even wakes me up in the middle of the night for no reason.* There are no BIOS "USB wake up" options.* The Power...
  4. Surface Pro 8 wakes up alone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 4 Battery issues: I decided to charge the battery with the charger that came with the surafce. Unfortunately,despite having power through the charger and the charger looking as good as new, with no damage seen and the white light being on the side port. The battery is not charging or holding...
  6. Surface pro 4 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 4 issues: My computer keeps switching rapidly between tablet mode and desktop. I cant click or touch anything in time for it to load, as it has already switched again. I tried hard Resets, but they ran into a blue error page, then restarted instead.does anybody know what to do? I need...
  7. Please Help Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help Surface Pro 4: I was doing a network reset on my surface 4 to get the wifi working but while I was doing that it said my PC ran into a problem with the :( face. I didn't think much of it and I just forced the computer to restart with the power button but when I booted it up I lost all wifi...
  8. HELP PLEASE! Surface pro 4.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP PLEASE! Surface pro 4.: Hello. I'm having a huge problem with my surface pro 4. The bottom right of my screen got lifted. I've been reading about the subject and see people saying that the computer is going to explode and that I should take it to a Microsoft store, the thing is, I live in Argentina...
  9. Surface Pro 4 mouse issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 mouse issues: Recently my mouse stops working if I touch my Surface Pro 4 screen. Is this a known problem and is there a fix? Has only happened since the last couple of updates....
  10. Camera issue on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera issue on Surface Pro 4: Sometime in the last couple of weeks, the camera on my Surface Pro 4 has stopped working. When I try to snap a picture, I get the error 0xa00F4292, PhotoCaptureStartTimeout and no photo is taken. What I have tried: uninstall/reinstall camera, update drivers (none found),...