Windows 10: issue with temporary files in the disk cleanup 1803

Discus and support issue with temporary files in the disk cleanup 1803 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft: I reinstalled my Windows because previously, when I go to disk cleanup to cleanup files, I noticed that the temporary files will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaulPChou, Jul 8, 2018.

1. PaulPChou Win User

issue with temporary files in the disk cleanup 1803

Hi Microsoft:

I reinstalled my Windows because previously, when I go to disk cleanup to cleanup files, I noticed that the temporary files will not cleanup. I tried it in the new user account by the same issue. It didn't happen in 1703 or 1709. It happened before in the earlier install of 1803. It got to be a bug in 1803. Any workaround? It states that it could be manually deleted. Where are those files stored, anyways?

:)

PaulPChou, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Disk Cleanup - Padlock on Temporary Internet Files

Hi Dennis,

Deleting temporary files is one way of to free up space on your drive.

For us to properly isolate your concern and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the following questions below:

• We would like to confirm if you were running the Disk Cleanup utility?
    • Can you confirm that the only files you cannot delete were all temporary Internet files?
    • Was there a lock displayed beside the temporary Internet files?
    • Were there any error messages when you tried to run a disk clean up.
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Disk Cleanup after The anniversary update

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Cleanup. I will certainly help you.

As per your query, I would like to inform you that, it is safe to delete all the files with extension .tmp in the temporary files folder.

I suggest you to try deleting the temporary file manually by the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Go to Windows key+ R and type
      temp
    • Select all of the files and folders within the Temp folder and delete.

Please follow the below link to run disk cleanup:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Kindly update us on the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Swetha Sree, Jul 8, 2018
  4. issue with temporary files in the disk cleanup 1803

Cannot Cleanup Temporary Internet Files

Recently when running Disk Cleanup on my Windows 10 Surface tablet, there are 1.10 GB of Temporary Internet Files listed under Files to delete. Checking this box and clicking OK does not remove them.

I also notice these same files listed when I when I run Clean up system files. I am not able to remove these file here either.

When I click on the Temporary Internet Files and select the View files button, Disk Cleanup opens the AppData > Local > Microsoft > Windows > INetCache > IE folder with only the message "This folder is empty" displayed. The IE folder properties lists 3
    files and 1 folder and the Attributes Hidden is checked. Unchecking the Hidden attribute does not return any files.

Windows 8 was originally installed on this Surface Tablet and I upgraded to Windows 10 last September. Automatic updates is turned on.

I welcome suggestions for resolving this issue.

Thanks!

JosephTutko, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

issue with temporary files in the disk cleanup 1803

1. issue with temporary files in the disk cleanup 1803 - Similar Threads - issue temporary files

2. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  3. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.: My BitDefender antivirus detected and quarantined malware, but I wanted to take proper measures and delete all temporary files and restore points. That is when this problem happened. Disk Cleanup is showing that I have 8.41 GB of temporary files but does not delete them at...
  4. Disk Cleanup is not cleaning up Temporary files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Disk Cleanup showing no amount of temporary files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Cleanup showing no amount of temporary files?: I recently reverted the temporary file location from a secondary drive back onto my main drive. Issue is, windows 10 storage settings and Disk Cleanup isn’t showing me any amount of temporary files anymore.. Does it only show after a set amount of days? I downloaded...
  6. unlock temporary files in disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unlock temporary files in disk cleanup: I have tried everything in about 30 pages of help and I cannot unlock the file to delete it. Thanks in advance charlie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-temporary-files-in-disk-cleanup/8a176a71-939f-4cb6-8926-ed3edf35d2fa"
  7. Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files: Hi All Temporary Internet files show data in the folder according to disk cleanup, so far ran ccleaner, then ran diskcleanup again a week later, and seems like more data in that folder on my SSD, and i'm like what the heck, I cleared the temp folder manually, clear...
  8. Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup

Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup: Hi all. I have had 175mb of Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup for what seems like a few months now which will not seem to go following the routine disk cleanup action. I waited until the next major CU came and went which happened last night but it still says 175mb of...
  9. Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files

Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files: Disk clean-up shows 500MB of temporary internet files. I check the box to delete the temporary internet files, but it keeps showing 500MB, even after several trials and restarts. This happens on my PC, and also on 1 laptop. However on another laptop I have, the temporary...
  10. Disk Cleanup Bug with Temporary Files

Disk Cleanup Bug with Temporary Files: did alittle more digging... in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Temporar y Files what does the defualt key to? the original is 0B2C35D2-C8BC-4470-BFC0-D6BB1235E5CE i changed it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk cleanup temp internet files view files inetcache