Windows 10: Issue with transferring files from server to Windows 10 computers

Discus and support Issue with transferring files from server to Windows 10 computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a script that copies a file from a server location to the local computer. I'm using the full URL path and the batch file works fine on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ITtech, May 11, 2016.

1. ITtech Win User

Issue with transferring files from server to Windows 10 computers

I have a script that copies a file from a server location to the local computer. I'm using the full URL path and the batch file works fine on Windows 7, but on 10 I get a message saying that the access is denied. I am logged in as a domain admin and the server is a mapped drive. I know it is a permissions issue just not sure which one. With UAC completely disabled through group policy it works fine, but from what I have read that can break the start button and not the best solution. Anyone know which GPOs are affecting this?

:)

ITtech, May 11, 2016

2. Transfer files from and old destop Windows 10 to a new desktop Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about transferring file from old computer to Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to try transferring the files through external hard drive. Try to copy all the necessary files

Also refer to the below link for more options to transfer files from old computer to Windows 10 computer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-easy-transfer-is-not-available-in-windows-10

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 11, 2016
  3. Frequent restarts

Can you use a flash drive to transfer the files to another computer without a server problem and upload from there?

Gerry C J Cornell, May 11, 2016
Thema:

Issue with transferring files from server to Windows 10 computers

1. Issue with transferring files from server to Windows 10 computers - Similar Threads - Issue transferring files

2. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue: Hello All,We have a server 2019.Recently, we needed to grab a backup using the windows server backup software on the server.We could not use the windows server backup process because we would get the error message:"The following error occured while trying to get the detials...
  3. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue: Hello All,We have a server 2019.Recently, we needed to grab a backup using the windows server backup software on the server.We could not use the windows server backup process because we would get the error message:"The following error occured while trying to get the detials...
  4. Recovering a file from Windows Server Backup Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transferring File Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring File Issue: Hi,When I tried to transfer a file from my phone to my computer, there is an error message as shown in the screenshot attached below. Does anyone know what's the cause of the issue?...
  6. File transfer issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer issue: Hi, This is Dhaval from Ananka FastenersI m running on the latest build of windows 11 but, I can’t transfer the files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-issue/63e74ec9-4304-4c7f-9a24-da0ca521a6a8
  7. File Transfer Issues - Increased file size when transferring from Android to PC Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Transfer Issues - Increased file size when transferring from Android to PC Windows 10: Files transferred from phone to laptop have drastically increased in size and are now unable to open. File sizes for images have increased up to 7GB. I am unable to move from the C: Drive as it states there is over 4TB of data. However My C: Drive only holds 256GB. No special...
  8. File size and transfer issues in windows 10

File size and transfer issues in windows 10: My C drive had 50 GB of free space and I was downloading 38 GB of data (multiple files ranging in size). Around 11 Gb of the data was left to download when I got the error that my drive was full. I had not created or downloaded anything else in that drive. I then transferred...
  9. Windows 10 - how to transfer files from old computer to new computer.

Windows 10 - how to transfer files from old computer to new computer.: How do I transfer files from my old computer to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-transfer-files-from-old-computer/c7df1c0d-01ef-4141-8035-00a78a885c9d"
  10. how to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10

how to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10: I need to transfer files from old computer windows 10 to new computer windows 10, what do I need to do to complete this successfully? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-files-from-old-computer-windows-10/f479793f-3d97-4b0b-aed4-adac71c682f9"