Windows 10: Issue with users switching on the login screen

Discus and support Issue with users switching on the login screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; /!\ Merry Christmas to all ! /!\ [img] My problem : Alt+F4 give me the option of switching users but only the current user "nemo" is selectable... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by D4ni3l, Dec 24, 2016.

1. D4ni3l Win User

Issue with users switching on the login screen

/!\ Merry Christmas to all ! /!\

Issue with users switching on the login screen [​IMG]

My problem : Alt+F4 give me the option of switching users but only the current user "nemo" is selectable
    All users are set active including the built-in Administrator

I do not know why "Password required" is set to No
    the result is that switching user is disabled everywhere

I have created another user "nemo2" for test

I should probably delete user "nemo" to check if it is back to normal
    but I do not want to lose my profile

PS1: by running "net user nemo /passwordreq:yes" it is now correct, but still no user switching...

any idea ?

:)

D4ni3l, Dec 24, 2016
  2. Timeslice Win User

Problems switching users

Using same HP Envy 17", touch screen PC with i7 processor, 16GB of ram.

I notice that switching users using CTRL-ALT-DEL will work as expected. Windows pops up a dialog, select "Switch User" and the expected login screen appears.

The problem is only when attempting to switch users by selecting the other user from the Start menu. Attempting to switch users from the start menu brings up a spinning icon for about 20 seconds, followed by the blue screen with the windows image, but NEVER
    shows a login screen. Also , CTRL-ALT-DEL does NOTHING once you are at this blue screen.

This seems to be quite specific to the HP envy 17" computers as no one else seems to be posting this issue.

Timeslice, Dec 24, 2016
  3. Boots to calendar screen and requests password after using feedback app

Hi,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; there is no any option to sign out from Windows feedback app.

You need to switch to Local user account from Windows login screen. To switch the user, just press
    Windows key + L and select the Local user account to login.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 24, 2016
  4. D4ni3l Win User

last news

not sure what exactly solved my problem but i removed useless key (profiles) in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

and the problem is gone

D4ni3l, Jan 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Issue with users switching on the login screen - Similar Threads - Issue users switching

2. Switch user option gone from login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user option gone from login screen: My computer just went to sleep 20 minutes ago. When trying to log back in the log in with my PIN option was gone, and I don't remember my password for the local user. The option to switch users from the login screen is gone all of a sudden, even when it was there this...
  3. Switch user option gone from login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch user option gone from login screen: My computer just went to sleep 20 minutes ago. When trying to log back in the log in with my PIN option was gone, and I don't remember my password for the local user. The option to switch users from the login screen is gone all of a sudden, even when it was there this...
  4. Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11: Hi, I can't switch accounts at all. I've tried everything and all the tutorials online are for Windows 10. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-users-option-is-missing-for-the-login/829db451-e26d-4bfe-a344-399d53ce8ceb
  5. Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11: Hi, I can't switch accounts at all. I've tried everything and all the tutorials online are for Windows 10. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-users-option-is-missing-for-the-login/829db451-e26d-4bfe-a344-399d53ce8ceb
  6. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10: Hi EveryoneI am having an issue with a PC at work. It is windows 10, and last night there was a reboot of the machine, this morning I come inand the PC is sitting at a login screen with an account on the screen that hasn't been used in years and no one knows the password...
  7. Switch users at login screen not working, Please help!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch users at login screen not working, Please help!: I have windows 10 device, but I forgot its password. For some reason, I can't even switch the user. Every time I reboot it, it just displays the password screen. I've also read a lot of other sources, but all of their solutions can only be done after I have logged in. Is...
  8. User switching / login not possibe

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User switching / login not possibe: After following this in order to try fixing other problems, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/how-to-restore-default-security-permissions/ab58f918-da72-42c0-ba71-161d52b73d46 I can no longer see my other users on the system....
  9. Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users: Hi all, My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer. For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand...
  10. Auto login then switch user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto login then switch user: Hello, I use wake on lan to boot my pc to access and use it remotely. On Windows 7 I remember being able to auto log on with the set password to my account and then have it switch users right away so it was still password protected but my remote connecting software would...