Windows 10: Issue with Windows Installer incorrectly installed

Discus and support Issue with Windows Installer incorrectly installed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, About 16 months ago i got my new PC - everything working wonderfully since a few weeks ago. First, i was unable to open programs e.g. uTorrent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 0kAshleey, May 6, 2018.

1. 0kAshleey Win User

Issue with Windows Installer incorrectly installed

Hello,

About 16 months ago i got my new PC - everything working wonderfully since a few weeks ago.
    First, i was unable to open programs e.g. uTorrent (by the shortcut or the .exe). Then, over time several other programs started showcasing the same issue.

Today, i was trying to reinstall a game that uses .msi of which when i try to install the error message comes up and says either the PC is in safe-mode or windows installer is not correctly installed. With also, alternative programs (.exe) failing to open for installation - as i get a pop-up saying do i wish to install and i click yes and then nothing happens.

So far, i have made sure Windows Installer is turned on via services.msc. Created an alternative log-in user for the PC where the same problem persists. Used sfc /scannow command of which found 0 issues. Checked for windows updates and found one but, the problem still occurs.

Running out of ideas off the top of my head. Windows Support is filled with possible solutions i have already tried - and now, i cannot see any possibilities i have not already tried.

The beauty of it all, i was getting frustrated and tried to reset the PC; of which failed. Now, i am back to square one and do not know what to do.

:)

0kAshleey, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Issue with Windows Installer incorrectly installed

1. Issue with Windows Installer incorrectly installed - Similar Threads - Issue Installer incorrectly

2. Error msg "windows installer incorrectly installed" Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error msg "windows installer incorrectly installed" Windows 11.: I can't install any *.msi programs. Windows 11 error message states that the Windows installer program is incorrectly installed. I have tried most of the remedies but most of them pertain to old versions of Windows and the registry locations suggested are different in Windows...
  3. Error msg "windows installer incorrectly installed" Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error msg "windows installer incorrectly installed" Windows 11.: I can't install any *.msi programs. Windows 11 error message states that the Windows installer program is incorrectly installed. I have tried most of the remedies but most of them pertain to old versions of Windows and the registry locations suggested are different in Windows...
  4. Windows Original Install Date is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Original Install Date is incorrect.: I've been having problems with my pc not updating and after trying multiple things I've realized that my Original install date is reading 1/1/1601. Could this be causing my installs to fail? How do I change the date? I've tried to change it in the registry but may have done...
  5. Windows Original Install Date is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Original Install Date is incorrect.: I've been having problems with my pc not updating and after trying multiple things I've realized that my Original install date is reading 1/1/1601. Could this be causing my installs to fail? How do I change the date? I've tried to change it in the registry but may have done...
  6. Windows Original Install Date is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. incorrect window installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    incorrect window installation: Recently upgraded my computer, upon installation, I accidently pressed windows pro, when in fact, I meant to press windows home, now the watermark for activation popped up, and it won't accept my key because it's for windows home, how do I correct?...
  8. Windows Update -- Installed Incorrectly?

Windows Update -- Installed Incorrectly?: Hello, I believe I may have had some sort of an error, and so the recent feature update, 20H2, didn't install correctly. I clicked to install it today, and it sat at Installing-0% for a while, until I accidentally clicked pause updates. When I resumed and it stopped...
  9. Incorrect installation date?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect installation date?: Hi I have Windows 10 on a laptop that is about 2 years old. The system information gives the original install date as 23 October 2018, and the logs all begin only on 22 October 2018. I cannot find a system restore point before this either. I have not actively reinstalled...
  10. Windows Installer incorrectly installed Windows 10 64 bit

Windows Installer incorrectly installed Windows 10 64 bit: Hi I just found out windows installer is incorrectly installed on my computer while i was trying to download some drivers. I am running windows 10 64 bit on safe mode. Please tell me what I should do. Thanks....