Windows 10: Issue with WLM..... error message

Discus and support Issue with WLM..... error message in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was messing around with my Intel Compute Win 10 Stick so much so I had to do a Reset and keep Nothing. All is fine except WLM. I tried to reinstall... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by davidhk, Jun 7, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

Issue with WLM..... error message

I was messing around with my Intel Compute Win 10 Stick so much so I had to do a Reset and keep Nothing.
    All is fine except WLM.
    I tried to reinstall WLM using my WE 2012 Offline Installer which worked for me many times since MS stop supporting WLM. But this time, something went wrong. It said unable to install.
    But when I went to check in Programs and Features, WE 2012 was listed.
    Anyway, I went to Start menu and found WLM, pinned it to taskbar.
    However, it can receive but not send.
    Error message...……

Issue with WLM..... error message [​IMG]

I have no idea what it says.
    Can someone help ?
    I can use my gmail for now, but would like to fix the problem as I have been using WLM since day one.

:)

davidhk, Jun 7, 2018
  2. Zeke009 Win User

Skype instant messages (WLM is dead, MS account merged)

Thank you! I logged us both out on every device and logged back in using our original id's, sadly that didn't work. Nobody appears online in the hub on WP8. I was able IM her via Outlook.com though.

My im's via Outlook appear under my Skype name on her PC. I can see the test messages across the board, except for WP8.

A reinstall of Skype on WP8 would no effect on the messaging hub I suspect.

Zeke009, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Skype instant messages (WLM is dead, MS account merged)

For my explanation to work:

• The Primary Microsoft account that is set up on the phone must match the Microsoft account that is linked through your wife's Skype account - a secondary WLM Microsoft account is not integrated into windows phone messaging hub.
    • Only messages that are exchanged between the WLM contact in Skype will be displayed in the windows phone messaging hub
    • You must log into Skype with the WLM login and NOT the Skype login.

If you don't see your wife as online after she's logged into Skype that's another issue that needs to be solved. Here are some things to review:

Go log in to your primary Microsoft account (the one you use on your phone) from a computer.

When you get to the Outlook hub, click the small white messaging icon found in the blue bar at the top of the screen. This should log your Microsoft account into Messaging (if you aren't already logged in).

Click the "Start new conversation" dialogue box and you should see a list of your contacts that are online. This will include any contacts that are linked via Skype or Facebook - do you see that your wife is online there?

Send her a message while you're there. Does she receive your message?

Now, go log in to your wife's primary Microsoft account (the one that she has linked to her Skype account).

Click the small white messaging icon found in the blue bar at the top of the screen. Click the "Start new conversation" and run the same test that you ran on your account.

Julie fka profjulie, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Issue with WLM..... error message

1. Issue with WLM..... error message - Similar Threads - Issue WLM error

2. WLM and Backup8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WLM and Backup8: Previously posted this topic but for some unexplainable cannot locate on community site. Received an email saying I had a reply and that has disappeared as well !?!So posting again.I use WLM and Backup8. Now I receive:-...
  3. WLM and Backup8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WLM and Backup8: Previously posted this topic but for some unexplainable cannot locate on community site. Received an email saying I had a reply and that has disappeared as well !?!So posting again.I use WLM and Backup8. Now I receive:-...
  4. WLM Hack

in Browsers and Email
    WLM Hack: Hi all, Since 2004 does not like WLM and you have to get into the registry to fix it, I thought i would try to write a registry hack that would make it easy to fix WLM. Here is what i typed: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...
  5. WLM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLM: PLEASE BRING BACK SUPPORT FOR WLM. MAIL APP STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. WHAT CAN WE USE FOR DECENT EMAIL ACCOUNT???????????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/87473bca-aae8-4bdd-a903-be3fff3be3db
  6. WLM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLM: Why do I get more WANTED emails on WLM than I do on Mail App ??? Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wlm/8e1f0f5d-8719-4fc9-9318-852798dfe5a3
  7. Font pixelated in WLM message list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font pixelated in WLM message list: I've got an issue that is not earth shattering but is driving me nuts. I've used Windows Live Mail for years. Attached are 2 screenshots of my WLM message list-the first is WLM in Windows 8.1, the second is WLM in Windows 10. As you can see the font for "read" messages in...
  8. WLM issue happens just today.

in Browsers and Email
    WLM issue happens just today.: Looks like repairing WE 2012 has fixed the problem.
  9. WLM program

in Browsers and Email
    WLM program: I have heard about Windows live mail Ending by the end of june I Have had had it for years and like it .But I set up the mail program that came on windows 10 and I have it ready it will even receive e-mail. The only problem is I can't find any place to add contacts so unless...
  10. WLM Error code 0x8000CC0F

in Browsers and Email
    WLM Error code 0x8000CC0F: Good evening all: This is my first post with TenForums so I am not sure on the correct protocol BUT here is my question/concern: I have Windows Live Mail(WLM)/I am running Windows 10 Home X64. and it seems every night around 10:00 EST my WLM goes down-I can not send or...