Windows 10: Issues after cloning of SSD - cannot pin folders to quick access

Discus and support Issues after cloning of SSD - cannot pin folders to quick access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cloned my old 250GB SSD with W10 to a new 500GB SSD using Macrium Reflect. All in all this has worked well, however one issue that annoys me is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mlun, Aug 11, 2015.

1. mlun Win User

Issues after cloning of SSD - cannot pin folders to quick access

I cloned my old 250GB SSD with W10 to a new 500GB SSD using Macrium Reflect. All in all this has worked well, however one issue that annoys me is that I cannot Pin a folder to quick access. When trying to do this I get this error message: "The parameter is not correct". I could do this on the old SSD.

Any possibilities to repair windows 10 or solve this issue directly?

:)

2. Meno_duh Win User

unpin and pin from quick access issues

I have two hard drives. SSD for programs and HDD for storage.

My videos, music and documents folders are on HDD and the quick access list pins work for them, but

the downloads folder, also on the HDD, links to a folder on the SSD that doesn't exist. It refuses to unpin, and when I try to pin the version on the HDD nothing happens.

I tried moving the downloads folder to the SSD and then the link would open that directory, but I still couldn't unpin the folder.

I would like for the ability to unpin the downloads folder on the SSD and pin the downloads folder on the HDD.

Meno_duh, Aug 11, 2015
  3. -Justin- Win User
    Folders with wrong location stuck in quick access.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have an SSD boot drive and a couple of storage mechanical drives. Back in the day, I moved all of the main libraries (Documents, Videos etc...) over to my (FIssues after cloning of SSD - cannot pin folders to quick access :) drive.

After the upgrade, I unpinned all the (CIssues after cloning of SSD - cannot pin folders to quick access :) libraries from Quick Access and pinned the ones on (FIssues after cloning of SSD - cannot pin folders to quick access :), so they are quick to navigate to. However, there are a few file folders that cannot be removed from Quick Access. I right click, select "Remove from Quick
    Access" and nothing happens. When I click on one of these folders I get an error:

Issues after cloning of SSD - cannot pin folders to quick access [​IMG]

There is no such location. The folder "Resume" is actually located at F:\My Documents\Resume.

Any help removing these folders from Quick Access?

-Justin-, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Issues after cloning of SSD - cannot pin folders to quick access

1. Issues after cloning of SSD - cannot pin folders to quick access - Similar Threads - Issues cloning SSD

2. Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive: I have windows 11 pro. I recently unlinked OneDrive from my PC. Now my Quick Access no longer shows the shortcut to C:\Users\tanya\OneDrive\Documents. I tried to manually add the shortcut back to Quick Access, but nothing happens. The only way to get back to...
  3. Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive: I have windows 11 pro. I recently unlinked OneDrive from my PC. Now my Quick Access no longer shows the shortcut to C:\Users\tanya\OneDrive\Documents. I tried to manually add the shortcut back to Quick Access, but nothing happens. The only way to get back to...
  4. Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access: It is as simple as that. I try to pin it and it just does not work. I tried right clicking and selecting pin to quickstart , it did not work. Then I tried to drag it to quick start and it did not work either.This only started happening until I decided that I did not want one...
  5. Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access: It is as simple as that. I try to pin it and it just does not work. I tried right clicking and selecting pin to quickstart , it did not work. Then I tried to drag it to quick start and it did not work either.This only started happening until I decided that I did not want one...
  6. unable to pin folders to quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to pin folders to quick access: i can no longer pin to or view folders in my quick access due to the parameter being incorrect. i have found advice that starts with running a command that starts with "del" only to get "windows cannot find del". i do not know how to fix this when del, whatever it is,...
  7. Compressed folder pinned to "Quick Access" cannot be unpinned

Compressed folder pinned to "Quick Access" cannot be unpinned: I had pinned a folder inside a compressed file (.zip) to quick access by mistake. It didn't appear immediately but after I deleted that compressed file it appeared. Now the link is not removable. Right click on that link doesn't give any other option other than Expand. I also...
  8. Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access

Not Able to Pin a folder to Quick Access: I can't seem to pin anything to Quick access .... I get an error message "this docfile has been corrupted". All the folders that were under Quick access are gone. How do I get it back? Thanks, JB * Moved from insider...
  9. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer: Hi, opened up the file explorer, quick access pinning works fine for all other folders, but I cannot pin the Desktop folder in there. It shows up in the folders pane on the left, (I have to scroll a way up to find it..) but using the 'pin to quick access' button in the...
  10. Quick Access not pinning folders after Anniv uipdate

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access not pinning folders after Anniv uipdate: it seems to log the files, but I can't pin folders to it like i had before the update [img] 59506