Windows 10: Issues running application as Administrator in terms of file access.

Discus and support Issues running application as Administrator in terms of file access. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an Excel spreadsheet that makes an OLE call to a running application. Since moving to Windows 10, I can't seem to get that OLE call to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tmcmurra, Jul 23, 2017.

1. tmcmurra Win User

Issues running application as Administrator in terms of file access.

Hi all,
    I have an Excel spreadsheet that makes an OLE call to a running application. Since moving to Windows 10, I can't seem to get that OLE call to work unless I run Excel in Administrator mode. The issue with that is, when I try to load worksheets in Excel in Administrator mode, it can't find the worksheets. Its as if the user no longer has any rights to his/her files or shares.

I think this has to do with how Windows 10 functions when you "Run as Administrator".

What I'd like to do is either find a way to run the OLE call without putting Excel into "Run as Administrator", or find a way for Excel (running as Admin) to be able to locate and access user files.

Thanks in advance.

:)

tmcmurra, Jul 23, 2017

2. I am running W10 & can't access : run as administrator ?

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the detailed information with us. It might someone in the future.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 23, 2017
  3. I am running W10 & can't access : run as administrator ?

No Go !

After selecting : Command Prompt (Admin) the User Control box appears on screen& contains as follows >

Do you want to allow this App to make changes to your PC ?

Program Name : Windows Command Processor.

Verify Publisher : Microsoft Windows.

File Origin : Hard Drive on this Computer.

Program Location : "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe.

To continue type an administration password & then click YES !

YES is greyed out so cannot use ?

Might also note that system restore/recovery cannot be accessed apart from a number of other programs ?

Cheers Dennis.

DennisCockley, Jul 23, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Is the file in another users profile if so you won't have rights to it

Samuria, Jul 23, 2017
  5. tmcmurra Win User
    Actually, I'm logged onto the PC as a user with local admin. And the files I'm attempting to access are in that user's \home directory.

tmcmurra, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Issues running application as Administrator in terms of file access. - Similar Threads - Issues running application

2. i can't run application as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't run application as administrator: Hello team,I recently installed a new windows 10 image, it was working fine, until last week i notices that i can't run any app as administrator, I'm Network engineer and i need to run CMD as admin to add routes, and when i look at my account, i found it standard and can't...
  3. i can't run application as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't run application as administrator: Hello team,I recently installed a new windows 10 image, it was working fine, until last week i notices that i can't run any app as administrator, I'm Network engineer and i need to run CMD as admin to add routes, and when i look at my account, i found it standard and can't...
  4. Administrative Access Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrative Access Issue: Hello,I am a Windows 10 user. On my PC I am set as the Administrator. I am the only one who uses this PC. I bought it refurbished many years ago but had no problems with it until recently. I was attempting to back up my files to my external hard drive and while copying my...
  5. Run as administrator stops other applications

Run as administrator stops other applications: After my recent upgrade from Win7 to 10 I have found that whenever an app is "run as administrator" the computer stops access to all other applications and functions. I cannot use the mouse on any other apps or the task bar. If I press CTRL+ESC I can once again mouse...
  6. Run as administrator stops other applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Run as administrator stops other applications: After my recent upgrade from Win7 to 10 I have found that whenever an app is "run as administrator" the computer stops access to all other applications and functions. I cannot use the mouse on any other apps or the task bar. If I press CTRL+ESC I can once again mouse...
  7. Application launch with "Run as administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application launch with "Run as administrator": Good afternoon, I have an issue with launching app. In my masters I use 2 users : UserXXX (Only User) and Admin (Administrator). 1) I install software with Admin user and I have no problem. 2) I launch software and with Damin user I have to choose "Run as...
  8. Issue with running programs as administrator

Issue with running programs as administrator: Hi there. Couple days ago I formatted my SSD drive and reinstalled Windows 10 on it. Since that moment I have issues with account I use(lets call it ABC) even though I granted admin permission on every layer is known to me. I can't run some .exe files like CITRIX Workspace...
  9. Running a Application as Administrator

Running a Application as Administrator: How do you change a shortcut to run the application as the Administrator ? Currently I right click the shortcut and then click run as administrator. Thanks...
  10. Running always an application with administrative privileges

Running always an application with administrative privileges: Hi I have Windows 10 v1703 and I would need that an application is always run with administrative privileges even when it is run by a user who has a Users's account. So, how should I do this? Thanks Bye 84349