Windows 10: Issues Setting/Overclocking Monitor Refresh Rates

Discus and support Issues Setting/Overclocking Monitor Refresh Rates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having issues keeping my custom overclocked monitor refresh rates to stick. I run 96hz on my monitor fine in Windows 7 and 8. The issue is Nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by arh2o, Jul 15, 2015.

1. arh2o Win User

Issues Setting/Overclocking Monitor Refresh Rates

I'm having issues keeping my custom overclocked monitor refresh rates to stick. I run 96hz on my monitor fine in Windows 7 and 8. The issue is Nvidia Control Panel and Windows are saying my monitor is running at a custom 96hz. Unforunately UFO Test: <div id="title">Multiple Framerates</div> is saying otherwise. It's weird because Edge says I am running at 96 FPS on that UFO test, while Firefox is saying I'm running at 60 FPS. I don't see how they can be reporting 2 different things.

The odd thing is that sometimes after a restart the custom refresh rate will stick. Other times I lose it and it goes back to 60hz. I wonder if this is a NVidia control panel issue. I tried using Custom Refresh Utility but no dice either. Thanks.

:)

arh2o, Jul 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 Game Mode Locks Screen Refresh

No this didn't resolve the issue. I've done a complete fresh install of the lastest Nvidia drivers and the problem persists. Battlefield 1 will not pick up on the 75hz refresh rate on the monitor, even though the desktop will run at it. Game performance
    both with game mode on and off is worse than it was before. I've even reinstalled Firestorm, Zotac's overclocking program and redid the video overclock.

JiffyWhip-7CA28B52-EA3F-421A-9948-F24B72A58AE2, Jul 15, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Increasing Screen hertz automatically reduces resolution

Increasing the refresh rate on a monitor is a technique that dates back to analog monitors. In those days, the higher your refresh rate, the more stable the image on the monitor. In addition, many people noticed an annoying flicker if the refresh rate was
    less than 72 Hz.

This is now and it's not necessary to increase the refresh rate on a digital monitor beyond the factory settings. Mine is currently set at 60 Hz. The refresh and resolution are set at the factory, and if you try to change parameters you're interfering with
    the monitor's operation with resulting undesirable results.

BulldogXX, Jul 15, 2015
Thema:

Issues Setting/Overclocking Monitor Refresh Rates

1. Issues Setting/Overclocking Monitor Refresh Rates - Similar Threads - Issues Setting Overclocking

2. Refresh rate issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refresh rate issue: Hello.I recently purchased a Samsung Q60C tv. this is a 60hz screen. I hooked it up to my pc like my last tv second screen. But im not able to get better fps than 30.When the PC is disconnected, i can put the game mode on on the tv and it goes to 50 automatically, when i plug...
  3. Refresh rate issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refresh rate issue: Hello.I recently purchased a Samsung Q60C tv. this is a 60hz screen. I hooked it up to my pc like my last tv second screen. But im not able to get better fps than 30.When the PC is disconnected, i can put the game mode on on the tv and it goes to 50 automatically, when i plug...
  4. Monitor Refresh Rate/Hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Refresh Rate/Hz: I got a really expensive monitor a few months ago and have kind of avoided a problem with changing the Hz. Now that I’m starting to notice it more, I figured it’s about time to get it fixed. Basically, whenever I try to change the refresh rate in settings, it says it had...
  5. Monitor Refresh Rate/Hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Refresh Rate/Hz: I got a really expensive monitor a few months ago and have kind of avoided a problem with changing the Hz. Now that I’m starting to notice it more, I figured it’s about time to get it fixed. Basically, whenever I try to change the refresh rate in settings, it says it had...
  6. Sup frickers so I was planning to overclock my monitor refresh rate but the Radeon settings...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sup frickers so I was planning to overclock my monitor refresh rate but the Radeon settings...: submitted by /u/EnAyJay [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1whh3/sup_frickers_so_i_was_planning_to_overclock_my/
  7. Monitor refresh rate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor refresh rate: Hello community, I have a question regarding the monitor hz. I have a laptop with a 144hz monitor and I want to reduce it to 120hz. But when I go to the monitor settings it shows two options: 144hz and 60hz. Why isn't there a 120hz option and how can I fix it?...
  8. Different refresh rates for monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different refresh rates for monitors: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7h9bnu/psafor_people_with_dual_monitors_with_different/ Has this even been fixed yet? Needs to be fixed especially for G-sync users "It's because of windows desktop manager. It always runs in vsync. On windows 7 you could...
  9. monitor refresh rate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor refresh rate: on windows 10, i am having trouble finding the monitor's refresh rate. i get an error message that says it should be 60Hz. 113436
  10. CRT monitor refresh rate issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    CRT monitor refresh rate issues: So i have a 120hz crt monitor that i have used before on another computer at 120 hz but that computer had a vga port on the graphics card. i now have a gtx 760 which has dvi-d, dvi-i, display port, and hdmi. im using this monitor with a vga-dvi-i adapter and the highest...