Windows 10: Issues while running DISM

Discus and support Issues while running DISM in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am having what I think is multiple issues with my pc. I have ran anti malware program(s), they say that I am good to go. However, certain issues keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by warrior50, Feb 5, 2016.

1. warrior50 Win User

Issues while running DISM

I am having what I think is multiple issues with my pc. I have ran anti malware program(s), they say that I am good to go. However, certain issues keep arising. For starters I am getting a "there was a problem starting werconcpl.dll" as well as a "MMC has detected an error in snap-in and will unload it". So after searching around I was told to run a SFC Scannow. I've done this multiple times with restarts between each scan. I've tried running DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. It keeps stopping at about 20% and says error 1726. "The remote procedure call failed"

I have attached both my recent CBS.log's as well as my DISM log.

Any direction on what to do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

:)

warrior50, Feb 5, 2016

2. Error 1392 while running dism /online /cleanup-image

Hi Lauryne,

In order to help you with your concern about the error 1392 that you are getting, kindly answer these questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to getting this issue?
    • Did the System File Checker scan showed you an error? If yes, kindly post it here.
    • Aside from the SFC scan and DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 5, 2016
  3. Error 1392 while running dism /online /cleanup-image

How do I clean up an error on the log? It has to do with bcrypt.dll error but sfc /scannow fails at about 33%. So when I run the DISM then it tells me it is at 1392 and that I can print the log.

Lauryne Peterson, Feb 5, 2016
  4. Anak Win User

Hi warrior50, welcome to 10F!
    Issues while running DISM [​IMG]

Error code 1726 indicates a temporary remote procedure call (RPC) connection problem, and may be caused by an unstable wide area network (WAN) connection.

Before we can go much further It would help if you would fill in your system specs, how to do that is here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Some added information that would be helpful:

• Has this just started recently, can you give a reference point as to when this may have started from other activity you may have had with your machine?
    • What was the command that you entered that resulted in the 1726 error?
    • Are you on a home or work network?
    • Is a server involved?
    • If home, do you allow other members of your family, or friends access to your machine?
    • If a home network, have you had previous problems with your internet service provider (ISP)?
    • Are you using their router or one of your choosing?
    • Have you recently moved your router, including unplugging and re-plugging the router?
    One item you can check is the Services setting for the remote procedure call (RPC) to make sure it is set to Automatic. Use this to get to Services: How to Start, Stop, Restart, and Disable Services in Windows 10

Then start at Option One/step 1, once the services window opens scroll down the alphabetical list until you see the entry for the remote procedure call (RPC):

Issues while running DISM [​IMG]

Meanwhile I'll see if I can get you more help, hang in there weekends are notoriously slow.

Anak, Feb 6, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi warrior50,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please try running following command in an admin command prompt and let us know what the result is.
    Code: Dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth[/quote] @Anak
    That would be
    Code: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth[/quote] as the OP stated *Wink

axe0, Feb 6, 2016
  6. warrior50 Win User
    I've updated my System Specs to the best of my ability. If you need more info you might need to assist me in how to find it.

• Has this just started recently, can you give a reference point as to when this may have started from other activity you may have had with your machine?
    Yes, within the last month or so I've noticed a few errors popping up here and there.....

• What was the command that you entered that resulted in the 1726 error?
    Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

• Are you on a home or work network?
    I am on my home network

• Is a server involved?

I have a plex server through my desktop

• If home, do you allow other members of your family, or friends access to your machine?

I access it through other machines outside my network.

• If a home network, have you had previous problems with your internet service provider (ISP)?

I have comcast and I have about 25mbps download and 10 upload. I never usually achieve this speed however.

• Are you using their router or one of your choosing?

I bought my own router that I received access through Comcast. It is a NETGEAR Rangemax dual-band wireless n router.

• Have you recently moved your router, including unplugging and re-plugging the router? I've unplugged both modem and router about 10 days ago.

warrior50, Feb 6, 2016
  7. Anak Win User
    Just wanted to confirm the command axe0. Thanks for stopping by. *Smile

Anak, Feb 6, 2016
  8. warrior50 Win User

??? Not sure what that means/is...

warrior50, Feb 6, 2016
  9. Anak Win User
    I asked what command (CMD) you used to get the 1726 error, and axe0 mentioned it would have been
    Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and I told him all I wanted was a confirmation from you if that was the CMD.

Was that the CMD you used?

Then I thanked him for stopping by.

Anak, Feb 6, 2016
  10. warrior50 Win User
    Completely over my head..... here I am thinking axe0 is a file on my computer.... Been a long week.

Yes, that was the command I used.

warrior50, Feb 6, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    is my username, not a file *Smile

Could you please run the scanhealth command as asked in my previous post in this thread.

12. Anak Win User
    I'm sure he will get to it when he can axe, I know about long weeks, I've been having one since August of last year. *Shock

Something else to consider, us "yanks" are settling down to watch our championship football game SuperBowl50, it's kind of like your World Cup.
    Kick off is 'bout 2hours away and even I'm starting to get the "itch". *Tongue

13. warrior50 Win User

Ran the scanhealth and this is the message

Gets to 20% and then i get the following message
    Error: 1726

The remote procedure call failed.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

I have attached the log.

warrior50, Feb 7, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Please don't forget to try marked above *Smile

15. warrior50 Win User
    I checked the services the first RPC is set to automatic the second one is set to manual.

warrior50, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Issues while running DISM - Similar Threads - Issues while running

2. Issue running DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue running DISM: Anybody gettnig an issue with DISM when running this command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthit just errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-running-dism/c1c77dbe-c011-4783-bfa8-7be6afe14c8a
  3. Issue running DISM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue running DISM: Anybody gettnig an issue with DISM when running this command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthit just errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-running-dism/c1c77dbe-c011-4783-bfa8-7be6afe14c8a
  4. DISM not running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DISM not running: I thought it advisable to run DISM to check the health of my system. First I performed a CheckHealth and I got the message No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully. After that I wanted a more thorough scan so I started with ScanHealth....
  5. Dism issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dism issue: Hello,Recently noticed 'C' drive (system) got a little 'fat', uses more disk space then before.To make story short: Ran "Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore".Found reclaimable packages 3, recommended cleanup "yes".Ran "Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image...
  6. run dism

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    run dism: What is the string to run DISM ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-dism/6e6c9e3d-b255-4309-a552-6360c920e9f1
  7. DISM wont run at all

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM wont run at all: I have been having several issues with my windows install including a recent kernel heap corruption BSOD and am trying to ensure the my system installation is ok using dism and SFC. sfc /scannow returns with everything ok, but when i try to run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  8. Can't run DISM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't run DISM?: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10 Home on my Alienware Laptop. Here is the log: 2018-09-03 15:13:33, Info DISM PID=3792 TID=10992 Scratch directory set to 'C:\Users\WILSON~1\AppData\Local\Temp\'. - CDISMManager::put_ScratchDir 2018-09-03 15:13:33, Info...
  9. Issues while running DISM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issues while running DISM: I am having what I think is multiple issues with my pc. I have ran anti malware program(s), they say that I am good to go. However, certain issues keep arising. For starters I am getting a "there was a problem starting werconcpl.dll" as well as a "MMC has detected an error in...
  10. Cannot run SFC or DISM to fix no audio issue.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot run SFC or DISM to fix no audio issue.: 5 Days ago I started getting this strange error: "SBCinema2.exe - Bad Image." "C:\Windows\System32\audioses.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system...