Windows 10: Issues with an Update in Windows 10 after System Reset

Discus and support Issues with an Update in Windows 10 after System Reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I reset my system again. This isn't the first time that I have had to do this because of issues with Windows 10. After Reset, computer runs good.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jesse Williams, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Issues with an Update in Windows 10 after System Reset

So I reset my system again. This isn't the first time that I have had to do this because of issues with Windows 10. After Reset, computer runs good. Only problem now, is that I am having problems installing an update in Windows 10. The update is called Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update. I have tried looking for solutions, but so far can't find any except for people that do not know what they are talking about.

Is there a workaround for this issue? It's getting ridiculous!

The update installs repeatedly, until finally, I had to uninstall the package from my system completely. It says it was successfully installed. If it was successfully installed, then why in the heck would it want to install repeatedly.

Help please!

Thanks in advance!

:)

Jesse Williams, Jul 1, 2016
  2. ehedges84 Win User

issues with system reset

Hi there,

Following a recent decision to reset my computer using the option to "remove files and clean drive" I am now faced with a screen on restarting my computer that states "a configuration change was requested to clear this computers TPM." I do not even know
    what this means so I keep selecting ESC to reject this change request. I do not know how to resolve this issue.

I did note that on the resetting this pc screen it was stuck at 33% for over 2 hours and then went straight to 91%, could there have been an issue with resetting the PC?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Liz

ehedges84, Jul 1, 2016
  3. ehedges84 Win User
    issues with system reset

Thank you for your reply.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 7000 series laptop

I did not receive any error messages, however on every restart I was prompted to either select esc or F12. I in the end chose F12 and haven't seen the message again! I just hope I should have done that, and haven't caused any further issues.

The reset appears to have worked other than this.

ehedges84, Jul 1, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Issues with an Update in Windows 10 after System Reset

I have come across a few of these instances where Windows update tries to reinstall updates. The Visual C++ packages are added when programs need them during their installation. You can safely remove them, especially the older ones that are less likely to be needed again.

As for why it tries to keep updating I do not know. I currently have a .net framework update that keep repeating. I'm just leaving it for now as it does not seem to cause any problems. It is just more evidence that MS have bugs that it takes them ages to get around to fixing.

philc43, Jul 12, 2016
Thema:

Issues with an Update in Windows 10 after System Reset

1. Issues with an Update in Windows 10 after System Reset - Similar Threads - Issues Update System

2. Sound issues after a system rebuild & reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound issues after a system rebuild & reset: I decided to "upgrade" my PC after 5 years. It started with just a graphics card change, but when I couldn't figure it out - I sent it to the shop. The guy told me my power supply was bad & I needed a new case so I decided why not change the processor, RAM, & motherboard...
  3. PC Issues after system reset, what to do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Issues after system reset, what to do?: Hello, I just factory reset my PC. After doing so, I put new RAM DDR4 3200MHz 2x16GB into the PC, as well as a Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB NVMe SSD. I installed windows 10 to the SSD. However, now my PC freezes on the home screen occasionally after a few minutes, and seems to...
  4. Issue with browsers and some windows applications after system reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with browsers and some windows applications after system reset: Hey ! I'm using windows 10 Home on my HP laptop and recently my system has been infected soo i did a full system clean installation abd formatted all the drives as a brand new. Once i did this it was working fine with no issues Then i installed couple of applications All...
  5. Account issue Windows 10 after reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account issue Windows 10 after reset: Had a hacking issue so I reset my laptop. All was good after creating a new Microsoft account, but now it says my account is a "shared experiences" account. Ive never seen this Shared Experiences thing before. What is it and why cant I delete my account from it?...
  6. windows activation issue after system reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows activation issue after system reset: I purchased a computer from Ebay. I had to do a system reset. As a result of this the activation for Windows got wiped. The original owner gave me the code but the system says this won't work....
  7. Windows 10 Update issue - multiple system resets and still issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update issue - multiple system resets and still issues: Hi, Last week some windows updates were there I think 1903 so we chose "apply update and shut down". From that point onwards the nightmare started. The next boot was going to the windows recovery menu and windows 10 would not bootup recovery loop. I tried repairing...
  8. Issue with windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with windows 10 after factory reset: My system was lagging a lot so i decided to do a factory reset but after factory reset the system is not starting and keeps on restarting again and again and shows the same error every time. [IMG][IMG]...
  9. Windows 10 activation issue after reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 activation issue after reset: Hello, Since I did a full reset on my laptop for cleaning purposes I have been having issues activating Windows 10 once again on my laptop. I'm using this laptop as a personal one and I'm the admin of it. Before I was getting "Windows 10 license will expire soon" message,...
  10. System issues after the installation of the new Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System issues after the installation of the new Windows 10 updates: I have a desktop PC model ASUS ROG G20BM with the following specifications: CPU: AMD FX-770K (Quad Core 3.50 GHz) VGA: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series OS: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit During the purchase, Windows 8 was installed on this computer, which was later...