Windows 10: Issues with bridging connections

Discus and support Issues with bridging connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey everybody, Just been having an issue with bridged connections. I work from home, but the home unit my job provided doesn't have a wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by boat, Jan 4, 2016.

1. boat Win User

Issues with bridging connections

Hey everybody,

Just been having an issue with bridged connections. I work from home, but the home unit my job provided doesn't have a wireless function. To get around it (I'm in a small apartment and there's just not a way to realistically get the unit over to the router), I had been putting the ethernet cable in my HP laptop and bridging the wireless connection. It's been working fine for the last year or so, no issues whatsoever. (Have had the laptop since early 2012, Windows 7 equipped)

I recently got an Acer Aspire and have tried doing the same thing with two different connections. After about 5 minutes, my work client says "connection lost" and cuts back to the start screen where I have to reconnect. Everything looks like it should be in order--I'm using the same wireless connections that worked before, same everything else--but it kept doing this until I switched back to the old laptop. My immediate reaction was that it had something to do with Windows 10, but I honestly have no idea. Is there a way to get this set up so it won't randomly disconnect every few minutes? Thanks!

:)

boat, Jan 4, 2016

2. Remote NDIS based internet sharing Device "No valid IP address" error

By bridging it to another connection ,the bridge works but then I am not able to track my usage ,because the windows shows zero usage .The windows can not track the usage of the bridge.

This issue is persisting after fall creator update.

MustafaKamal981, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Issues With Bridging My Ethernet And Wifi Connection

Hello, I have issues with bridging my Wifi and my Ethernet connection. When I bridge the two connections together I have two issues, 1. is that I cannot use the internet, 2. I cannot find the Microsoft Bridge Driver when the connections get bridged....
    I feel like this picture below will show you enough....
    Issues with bridging connections [​IMG]

TiresomeToe933, Jan 4, 2016
Thema:

Issues with bridging connections

1. Issues with bridging connections - Similar Threads - Issues bridging connections

2. Network bridge “no internet connection”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network bridge “no internet connection”: Hello,I have 2 ethernet cables connected on my computer using 2 diferent systems to get ethernet from same provider, one is using one wifi repeater them connecting with cable to my computermy computer does not have wifi and the other one is using powerline, the wifi repeater...
  3. WSL2 Bridge connection to LAN.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL2 Bridge connection to LAN.: Installed WSL2 and I want it to get DHCP from my LAN. I do not want an internal of private network or port forwarding.It always gets an IP in the 172... range. After reboot it all seems to reset itself. aI've tried changing the vEthernet WSL adapter to External network in the...
  4. WSL2 Bridge connection to LAN.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WSL2 Bridge connection to LAN.: Installed WSL2 and I want it to get DHCP from my LAN. I do not want an internal of private network or port forwarding.It always gets an IP in the 172... range. After reboot it all seems to reset itself. aI've tried changing the vEthernet WSL adapter to External network in the...
  5. Crashing due to bridged connections.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crashing due to bridged connections.: Hi so i keep having my pc crash due to bridged connections between normal home internet and usb thethered internet connection. Could it be that windows is just having a hard time with my mobile network? Because when i only use my phone network it doesn't seem to crash. And i...
  6. Wireless networking and "bridge" connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless networking and "bridge" connections: I have an HP 22" touchscreen desktop running Windows 10 Pro. By the way, the way I upgraded this which used to be a "Win10 Home" machine, was my friend brought an old computer just the midsize tower not the monitor or anything. But the tower had a product key printed right...
  7. Bridging network connections

Bridging network connections: Hello, I am trying to bridged my mobile internet connection which is connected to laptop via usb to my router which is connected to my laptop via ethernet. The connection works fine as I am able to connect to my router and have internet access! The issue is after running in...
  8. Bridging connections doesn't work

Bridging connections doesn't work: Hi I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. However recently I've tried to bridge two network adapters but I'm getting following message "You don't have sufficient privileges for configuring connection properties. Contact your administrator". I'm already...
  9. network bridge connection

network bridge connection: I set network bridge connection with my friend to share internet. It worked without any problems till yesterday when I came home I saw a triangle with a explanation mark on it with words "network unidentified". What could happen? I can work on the computer but without the...
  10. Trouble with bridged network connection.

Trouble with bridged network connection.: I've got a Windows 10 pc here connected via a wired connection and sometimes my friend comes over and we play games, also on a windows 10 pc. Normally to give him internet access I put a network cable between my pc and his through my second ethernet port (the motherboard...