Windows 10: issues with clean install on windows 10 pro

Discus and support issues with clean install on windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just did a clean install of windows 10 pro to hopefully help fix some of the issues ive been having with windows 10. unfortunately im still having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by testas, May 12, 2016.

1. testas Win User

issues with clean install on windows 10 pro

I just did a clean install of windows 10 pro to hopefully help fix some of the issues ive been having with windows 10. unfortunately im still having the same issues.

issues 1: When i'm using windows 10 and viewing folders with many icons such as pictures of videos the thumb nail loads most of the time but then just turns to a white file with the name. once it does that if i right click on the any icon windows explorer just locks up. I have to go in to the task manager and close windows explorer which there seems to like a ridiculous amount of those open even though i just have 1 window open.

issue 2: I cant get in to the Set default programs in the control panel it just keeps scrolling loading... with out ever loading anything.

:)

testas, May 12, 2016
  2. Steve@M Win User

Black screen during a Windows 10 Restart

On one particular device the issue started immediately after installing a clean copy of Windows 10 Pro. I do not receive any error messages. I downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 updates, but this did not help. Trouble shooting included installing
    a clean copy of Windows 10 pro with no third party software installed. I manually tried to update the video driver, but there was no update available. I installed Windows 10 Pro on a different PC/hardware, but the issue followed. I disabled "fast startup,
    but this did nothing. The issue occurs with Windows 10 Pro, 1709, Build 16299.15. The issue continues to occur after running Windows 10 updates. The build number probably changed, but I need to verify and I will post it.

I had this issue a year ago with Windows 7 PC's that were upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. At that time installing a clean version of Windows 10 resolved the issue. This fix is not working this time.

As I mentioned earlier the issue only occurs during a restart. If I shutdown the PC and power it back on, no issue.

Thanks

Steve@M, May 12, 2016
  3. Error code: 0xC004C003

Instead of waiting for a corrective resolution on how to get a clean install of Windows 10 activated, I decided to do a clean reinstall of windows 8.1 pro, and then simply upgraded with Windows 10 pro without doing the clean install. This allows me to be
    activated at least.

Not the way I am used to doing things, but this work for now until Microsoft can get through these activation issues and a confirmation is clear that we can do a clean install and not run into activation issues.

Paul Seekon, May 12, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

2 suggestions :

1.) Try a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

2.) Create another user account with exactly the same privileges as the one you are now using > logon to it.
    See if everything is running as it should.
    If yes, it means your "older" user account is corrupted.
    Use the new account for a few days to make sure it is A-OK > then go back to the old account > backup the files you want to keep > delete the old account.

davidhk, May 12, 2016
Thema:

1. issues with clean install on windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - issues clean install

2. Clean installation of windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clean installation of windows 10 pro: I have windows 10 pro in my desktop and it is neither resetting nor installing fresh windows 10. I tried many process but not anyone works. Please help....
  3. Clean Windows 10 install issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean Windows 10 install issues: Hello all, I just finished my first PC build: https://newegg.io/056075b As a professional software engineer, I thought for sure that installing the operating system would be the easiest part of the build for me. However, I have spent nearly 20 unbelievably frustrating hours...
  4. Major issue with Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major issue with Clean Install of Windows 10 Pro: Made fresh media for ISo and successfully burned it. Booted to DVD and started the install, deleted all Partitions. Pressed new, next, and got the following error: "couldn't install Windows in Location you chose." Help!! any ideas?...
  5. WINDOWS 10 PRO CLEAN INSTALL

WINDOWS 10 PRO CLEAN INSTALL: Just a real ODD/FRUSTRATING/BAFFLING Windows 10 Pro installation glitch. Doing clean install, and Windows 10 installation gets to disk partition installation option, and says it cannot install UEFI MODE because the Partition has GPT, and to select a Partition with a MBR....
  6. Clean Windows 10 installation issues.

Clean Windows 10 installation issues.: I am attempting to do a reformat and clean install booting fromW10 USB. When its all done and Windows is ready I still have my old desktop wallpaper and a bunch of desktop files showing. I have gone through the process twice and used the Custom installation option and...
  7. clean installation Windows 10 pro

clean installation Windows 10 pro: I had made a stick from the MCT but read it was for other pcs -I plan on getting one so it is not a waste. However, in looking for the best way to do a clean install of my pc with Win 10 Pro I got confused. I do not not have the 25 characters. I have an upgrade. Should I do...
  8. Windows 10 pro. clean install.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pro. clean install.: Hi, I am running windows 10 pro. 32 bit on a HP laptop. It was a upgrade from assistive technology which I'm using. How do I do a clean install of windows 10 pro. And install a 64 bit this time. And I have a flash drive 16 GB. Will someone walk me through it please. Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 pro. clean install.

Windows 10 pro. clean install.: Hi, I am running windows 10 pro. 32 bit on a HP laptop. It was a upgrade from assistive technology which I'm using. How do I do a clean install of windows 10 pro. And install a 64 bit this time. And I have a flash drive 16 GB. Will someone walk me through it please....
  10. Windows 10 Pro clean installation

Windows 10 Pro clean installation: Hi, I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. I downloaded the Windows 10 Media Creations Tool. When choosing 'Create installation media for another PC' it doesn't give me the option to choose the Windows 10 Pro edition. It just says 'Windows 10'. I downloaded...