Windows 10: Issues with cursor jumping around and active windows moving back

Discus and support Issues with cursor jumping around and active windows moving back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Apologies for the slightly ambiguous title, but I have combed the web trying to see if anyone else has experienced this issue. If I have multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HornadyHero, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Issues with cursor jumping around and active windows moving back

Apologies for the slightly ambiguous title, but I have combed the web trying to see if anyone else has experienced this issue.

If I have multiple windows open (say Chrome, Outlook, Word and Exchange), my mouse will randomly jump between windows, pushing active windows in behind windows I don't need at the time. I can be typing in an active screen and all the sudden another window will pop up instead. It doesn't matter if I am using the laptop keyboard and mouse, or a docking station with dual monitors and a mouse and keyboard.

I've disabled ActiveWindowTracking and still seem to have the issue.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks!

:)

HornadyHero, Nov 21, 2016

2. E72 - Broweser issues after firmware v051.018 update

After I'd updated my phone's firmware to version 051.018, the browser became almost impossible to use. The cursor tends to jump all over the screen, but the main issue is that when I activate a search box that offers suggestions, like Google's, I'm unable
    to move the cursor out of the box to click OK or Search or whatever.

Anyone know how to work around this? Thanks.

veselinmarkovic, Nov 21, 2016
  3. Cursor Jumping Around

I cannot control the cursor -- it sometimes jumps backwards, forward and to other typed lines. What can I do to control the cursor?

Moved From: Office / Word / Windows 10 / Office 2016

Jo Ann CooperKilleen, Nov 21, 2016
Thema:

Issues with cursor jumping around and active windows moving back

1. Issues with cursor jumping around and active windows moving back - Similar Threads - Issues cursor jumping

2. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  3. Cursor jumping around in excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor jumping around in excel: Whenever I am in an excel workbook my cursor jumps around randomly for no apparent reason. This only occurs when I am in an excel workbook so I do not think it is an issue with my mouse / trackpad itself. It occurs regardless of if I am using my track pad or a mouse.I have...
  4. My cursor moves around but won't click anything. Google Chrome will jump back pages and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cursor moves around but won't click anything. Google Chrome will jump back pages and...: My cursor moves around but won't click anything. Google Chrome will jump back pages and same as other apps that can jump back pages. Can still use functions from keyboard to control computer. No viruses scanned. Temporary fixes used is task manager to close and reopen Windows...
  5. My cursor moves around but won't click anything. Google Chrome will jump back pages and...

My cursor moves around but won't click anything. Google Chrome will jump back pages and...: My cursor moves around but won't click anything. Google Chrome will jump back pages and same as other apps that can jump back pages. Can still use functions from keyboard to control computer. No viruses scanned. Temporary fixes used is task manager to close and reopen Windows...
  6. My cursor moves around but won't click anything. Google Chrome will jump back pages and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Mouse cursors jumping around

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursors jumping around: Hi,I tried everything i found on the internet and nothing seems to help. I had this problem before but disabling touch screen fixed it however it doesnt help this time. I got problem that my cursor jumps to the same spot on the screen. I just can't do anything, in work im...
  8. Mouse cursors jumping around

Mouse cursors jumping around: Hi,I tried everything i found on the internet and nothing seems to help. I had this problem before but disabling touch screen fixed it however it doesnt help this time. I got problem that my cursor jumps to the same spot on the screen. I just can't do anything, in work im...
  9. Mouse cursors jumping around

10. Cursor jumps around randomly

Cursor jumps around randomly: Please can someone help. I have a Dell Laptop with a Touchpad. Since a recent Windows 10 Update, I have experienced the cursor randomly jumping around the screen opening up documents randomly and it is driving me mad! I have tried going into Mouse Additional Settings to the...