Windows 10: Issues with cursor jumping around and active windows moving back

Discus and support Issues with cursor jumping around and active windows moving back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Apologies for the slightly ambiguous title, but I have combed the web trying to see if anyone else has experienced this issue. If I have multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HornadyHero, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Issues with cursor jumping around and active windows moving back

Apologies for the slightly ambiguous title, but I have combed the web trying to see if anyone else has experienced this issue.

If I have multiple windows open (say Chrome, Outlook, Word and Exchange), my mouse will randomly jump between windows, pushing active windows in behind windows I don't need at the time. I can be typing in an active screen and all the sudden another window will pop up instead. It doesn't matter if I am using the laptop keyboard and mouse, or a docking station with dual monitors and a mouse and keyboard.

I've disabled ActiveWindowTracking and still seem to have the issue.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks!

:)

HornadyHero, Nov 21, 2016

2. E72 - Broweser issues after firmware v051.018 update

After I'd updated my phone's firmware to version 051.018, the browser became almost impossible to use. The cursor tends to jump all over the screen, but the main issue is that when I activate a search box that offers suggestions, like Google's, I'm unable
    to move the cursor out of the box to click OK or Search or whatever.

Anyone know how to work around this? Thanks.

veselinmarkovic, Nov 21, 2016
  3. Cursor Jumping Around

I cannot control the cursor -- it sometimes jumps backwards, forward and to other typed lines. What can I do to control the cursor?

Moved From: Office / Word / Windows 10 / Office 2016

Jo Ann CooperKilleen, Nov 21, 2016
Thema:

Issues with cursor jumping around and active windows moving back

1. Issues with cursor jumping around and active windows moving back - Similar Threads - Issues cursor jumping

2. Cursor jumps around randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor jumps around randomly: Please can someone help. I have a Dell Laptop with a Touchpad. Since a recent Windows 10 Update, I have experienced the cursor randomly jumping around the screen opening up documents randomly and it is driving me mad! I have tried going into Mouse Additional Settings to the...
  3. Ongoing Jumping cursor issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ongoing Jumping cursor issue: Has the ongoing jumping cursor issue ever been successfully addressed by Microsoft? I’ve had this issue ever since the huge update around May last year. My (at the time) brand new laptop has been totally unusable ever since. This is NOT a touchpad or hardware issue. It is a...
  4. Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around

Cursor on Surface Pro 4 jumping around: So i've had my surface pro 4 for about 2 years now, and have always experienced a problem with the cursor jumping around since day one. I know a lot of people in the past have posted about this same issue, however I haven't found a solution that works for me. I've tried...
  5. when typing cursor jumps back

in Windows 10 Customization
    when typing cursor jumps back: when I am ty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-typing-cursor-jumps-back/9231d879-dc7b-499e-9de2-10b7d5c46767
  6. Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own

Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own: Today I was playing a game, Endless Legend, when my mouse started zooming in and out really quickly. At first I thought it was just me touching the trackpad accidentally, but it carried on even when I wasn't touching the PC. I even unplugged my physical mouse and the problem...
  7. Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own: Today I was playing a game, Endless Legend, when my mouse started zooming in and out really quickly. At first I thought it was just me touching the trackpad accidentally, but it carried on even when I wasn't touching the PC. I even unplugged my physical mouse and the problem...
  8. Cursor Jumping around after an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cursor Jumping around after an update: After an update on my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 device my cursor is jumping around. Has anyone experienced this and got a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-jumping-around-after-an-update/0e3a0a11-8583-40e8-9918-a8ce6cd96fc2
  9. Windows 10, ASUS touchscreen laptop, cursor jumping around

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, ASUS touchscreen laptop, cursor jumping around: My cursor starts jumping around and deletes information, randomly types in the middle of other sentences and opens/closes windows. I know that I'm not touching the touch pad and can watch it jump around. I've seen other threads/reports of this problem and the solutions...
  10. Jumping Cursor Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Jumping Cursor Issues: After having no resolution for a problem with the cursor jumping around in the text while typing on an Acer Aspire laptop, I decided enough is enough with Windows 10 and reinstalled Windows 7 SP1. Now the problem is gone and I'm typing away while the cursor stays in the...