Windows 10: Issues with Direct X.

Discus and support Issues with Direct X. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I try to open Europa Universalis 4, I get a message regarding D3dx9_43.dll. I tried to install directx 9.0 but you can't on Windows 10. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mason92, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Mason92 Win User

Issues with Direct X.

Whenever I try to open Europa Universalis 4, I get a message regarding D3dx9_43.dll. I tried to install directx 9.0 but you can't on Windows 10. I have directx 12 installed and I don't recall the game needing DX9 as its fairly recent. Any help is appreciated.

:)

Mason92, Oct 24, 2015
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Direct X 11 problems with Direct X 12

- Saying you have tried everything is not helpful. You need to list everything everything you have tried,

or risk being given suggestions for what you have already tried. Tedious for you, and us.

It can also be helpful to list the brand and model graphics processor your machine is using.

Win10 has DX9,10,11 & 12. The games selects which version and which DX files it uses, not Windows,

and not your graphics processor or drivers.

There is no specific DX11 installer . DX11 is included in the DirectX Redist (June 2010)
    installer,

which reinstalls all DX9,19 & 11 files (there is no stand alone installer for DX12 files as yet ).

- If your Win10 is a recent clean install you should run the DirectX Web Installer to verify all DX files are installed.

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

In the event that the DX11 file required by the game is corrupt you would need to reinstall DX as this

overwrites all DX files. The Web Installer only installing 'missing' files.

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - DirectX Redist (June 2010)

BossDweeb, Oct 24, 2015
  3. Direct X 11 problems with Direct X 12

Hi Jillian,

We understand that you wanted to play Call of Duty: Black ops 3. There are several factors which cause the discrepancy in playing the game. Initially, the installation of the correct software usually comes with the installation of the game itself, or a prompt
    will be displayed advising you or informing you to install Direct X 11. We understand that what you have is Direct X 12, however, we recommend that you install Direct X 11 to get it working.

We will be waiting for your response.

Vanessa Oca, Oct 24, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Issues with Direct X.

5. Mason92 Win User
    Upon opening the dxwebsetup exe it says...
    "You must be running Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 to install the DirectX 9.0c"

Mason92, Oct 24, 2015
  6. sygnus21 Win User
    If Dude's link doesn't work, try this - DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)

First things first... I would suggest you create a Restore Point, just in case something strange happens. To create one just got to Control Panel, System, System Protection, Create a restore point right now..., and click on Create.

Issues with Direct X. [​IMG]

Name the creation point and click create...

Issues with Direct X. [​IMG]

This will now create a manual restore point should you need to revert back to a previous working point should something go wrong. I do myself do this a lot when I install certain programs or software.

Now...

When you download the file I linked to, you'll have to extract the files to a folder of your choosing. I suggest you create a folder named "DX Redist" prior to extracting the files and place it your desktop so you can easily find it.

Then click on the downloaded file and extract the contents to said folder. Open the folder and click on the DXSETUP.exe and the files should install. I just did it on my Win 10 machine and all went well. You may also want to reboot even though it may not be required.

Let us know if this helps.

Good luck.

sygnus21, Oct 24, 2015
  7. Mason92 Win User
    That link does not work, you may have typed it incorrectly.

Mason92, Oct 24, 2015
  8. sygnus21 Win User

Issues with Direct X.

sygnus21, Oct 24, 2015
  9. Mason92 Win User
    Thank you. This worked for me. However, I had previously followed these steps on a clean install of Windows 7 to no avail. It works now though. Have a nice day!

Mason92, Oct 24, 2015
  10. sygnus21 Win User
    Good to hear.

Don't know why it wouldn't have worked with Windows 7 though as it should have. At any rate you have your issue solved so enjoy.

Peace *Cool

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Issues with Direct X.

1. Issues with Direct X. - Similar Threads - Issues Direct

2. I have an issue where I am unable to load any game using direct x.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an issue where I am unable to load any game using direct x.: Upon opening a game that requires direct x the games appear to hang and do not boot up properly until I have to end task them due to no activity.This does not occur when using Vulkan API instead of direct x. When the hanged program gets end tasked it does not end task...
  3. I have an issue where I am unable to load any game using direct x.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an issue where I am unable to load any game using direct x.: Upon opening a game that requires direct x the games appear to hang and do not boot up properly until I have to end task them due to no activity.This does not occur when using Vulkan API instead of direct x. When the hanged program gets end tasked it does not end task...
  4. HI I AM HAVING ISSUE WITH DIRECT X PLS HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HI I AM HAVING ISSUE WITH DIRECT X PLS HELP: I ONLY PLAY COD WARZONE AND I AM GETING ERROR EVERY TIME! I CANT EVEN PLAYI AM USING 3060TI DRIVER IS UP TO DATEWINDOWS 10 UP TO DATE. VERSION 22H2DIRECTX12 I CLOSED ALL APP OVERLAY...
  5. HI I AM HAVING ISSUE WITH DIRECT X PLS HELP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HI I AM HAVING ISSUE WITH DIRECT X PLS HELP: I ONLY PLAY COD WARZONE AND I AM GETING ERROR EVERY TIME! I CANT EVEN PLAYI AM USING 3060TI DRIVER IS UP TO DATEWINDOWS 10 UP TO DATE. VERSION 22H2DIRECTX12 I CLOSED ALL APP OVERLAY...
  6. HI I AM HAVING ISSUE WITH DIRECT X PLS HELP

7. Windows 10 and 11: Direct Access issue confirmed by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 and 11: Direct Access issue confirmed by Microsoft: Microsoft confirmed an issue affecting Direct Access on Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices recently. The issue affects devices running windows 11 version 21H2 and 22H2, in other words all release versions of Windows 11, as well as the Windows 10 versions 20H2, 21H1, 21H2 and...
  8. Lightshot app.prntscr.com a screenshot tool directly upload failed, retry error/issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lightshot app.prntscr.com a screenshot tool directly upload failed, retry error/issue: Hello,I am using the Lightshot a screenshot software for the last 2 years. When I first found it I just install it and start using it. I didn't have to do anything/configure else about it. It working perfectly...But yesterday when I install the newest version 2022 of windows...
  9. Lightshot app.prntscr.com a screenshot tool directly upload failed, retry error/issue

Lightshot app.prntscr.com a screenshot tool directly upload failed, retry error/issue: Hello,I am using the Lightshot a screenshot software for the last 2 years. When I first found it I just install it and start using it. I didn't have to do anything/configure else about it. It working perfectly...But yesterday when I install the newest version 2022 of windows...
  10. Lightshot app.prntscr.com a screenshot tool directly upload failed, retry error/issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing