Windows 10: Issues with hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016

Discus and support Issues with hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have many hotmail accounts (over 10) and was using Windows Live Mail 2012. Because WLM stopped support for ActiveSync, I switched to Outlook 2016.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sn2015, Aug 13, 2016.

1. sn2015 Win User

Issues with hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016

I have many hotmail accounts (over 10) and was using Windows Live Mail 2012. Because WLM stopped support for ActiveSync, I switched to Outlook 2016. One issue I see is when I add my hotmail accounts to outlook, some are setup as "Microsoft Exchange" and some are "Exchange ActiveSync". On one o fmy PC, everything seems to work fine but not the 2nd one. Most hotmail accounts on my 2nd PC ended up being "Microsoft Exchange" and I hit the outlook limit on # of MS Exchange account Outlook will support. Anyway to force Outlook to set these up as ActiveSync.

ETA: Use manual configuration with s.outlook.com as mail server will setup hotmail account for ActiveSync and not MS Exchange.

:)

sn2015, Aug 13, 2016

2. HOW TO MAKE OUTLOOK MY DEFAULT E-MAIL IN WINDOWS 10

Assuming your address ends in @hotmail.com, configure your account in Outlook 2016 by adding the account and specifying your Hotmail username and password. Outlook will connect to your Hotmail mailbox with an Exchange account.

In WIndows, click Start>Settings>Apps & Features>Default Apps. Choose Outlook 2016 for the email default.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Aug 13, 2016
  3. Which of the following apps are you using?

I use Outlook 2016 for my Exchange inboxes, Mail for my Hotmail/Gmail accounts and Outlook.com - most of the time to access my Hotmail account.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

Issues with hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016

1. Issues with hotmail accounts with Outlook 2016 - Similar Threads - Issues hotmail accounts

2. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I have a reconditioned Dell PC desktop purchased recently and works well and is much quicker than my old PC. But although i had all my files that I wanted transferred to the new PC I can no longer access my Outlook account I had both an Outlook and separate Hotmail account...
  3. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I have a reconditioned Dell PC desktop purchased recently and works well and is much quicker than my old PC. But although i had all my files that I wanted transferred to the new PC I can no longer access my Outlook account I had both an Outlook and separate Hotmail account...
  4. Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. outlook hotmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    outlook hotmail: why do i have 2 inbox 2 sent 2 draft etc is there a way to fix this in my hotmail ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-hotmail/95c41955-1ac5-4668-a794-e242b9a7613c
  6. hotmail and Outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hotmail and Outlook: all my incoming mails from hotmail.com are going directly to trash. the same happens with my hotmail account set up in Outlook. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail-and-outlook/d10b9d79-e209-493a-9cfd-f49f7e4cc08a"
  7. Sync Issues with Outlook 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Sync Issues with Outlook 2016: I have Outlook 2016 on two PCs. On checking folder sizes, I've found various sync issues like the one shown below. What;s this due to a what's the solution? [img] 148922
  8. Outlook Requires "Signed In" to access Outlook/Hotmail Accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Requires "Signed In" to access Outlook/Hotmail Accounts: I thought this might have been the result of a recent update, but it only affects one of my machines. Normally, I use Outlook without "signing in" to a Microsoft/ MS Office account. I independently, during account setup, set up my hotmail account. This was fine on both of my...
  9. Hotmail/Outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hotmail/Outlook: I have Windows 10 and use Outlook as my email. Before Outlook I had a Hotmail email address and updated to Outlook when Microsoft said that Hotmail will no longer be used. I have been getting unwanted e-mails from my old Hotmail address. Is there any way I can delete my...
  10. Outlook & Hotmail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook & Hotmail: Outlook Mail that I send to Hotmail.com is rejected. Any ideas Thanks 77094