Windows 10: Issues with installing software after clean install (multiple times)

Discus and support Issues with installing software after clean install (multiple times) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had to clean install my OS everyday for the past 3 weeks to keep my PC working. It seems everytime i do a clean install, one or another program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Charles Ligus, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Issues with installing software after clean install (multiple times)

I have had to clean install my OS everyday for the past 3 weeks to keep my PC working. It seems everytime i do a clean install, one or another program will not install correctly, or something else, and mess up everything and cause my PC to be unfixable without a reinstall of Windows, causing me to waste even more time reinstalling Windows. Is this maybe caused by a bad installation image? (I have created multiple different boot devices, all with the same effect.) Or is there a certain way i should install softwares and drivers after a clean install to prevent this? I only got this PC a year ago, but i have had a really bad experience with it, from having to reinstall the OS maybe every 2-3 months, crashes (which i fixed by updating the BIOS), and hours of talking to support with no solutions to any of my problems. At this point im ready to just give up and sell the PC for parts. Are any of the things i listed a possible sign for hardware faliure? My PC doesnt seem to be making any unusual noises, apart from the very rare beep. I do sometimes feel like i hear an also very rare and faint click from the HDD. Also, my disc drive will sometimes make a short click noise, when nothing is in it and its not in use.

:)

Charles Ligus, Jul 19, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 19, 2018
  3. No More Clean-Installs for Vista Upgrades

When users were upgrading to Windows XP, the procedure was that users could simply insert their old Windows 98 or Windows 2000 CD at the appropriate time during a clean install without the need for the old OS to be installed at the time. However, Microsoft has decided to change this for Vista, and now requires a fully installed and activated version of your old OS already on the machine. This comes as an attempt to prevent illegal use of upgrade CDs, but could be inconvenient and time consuming when the time comes to reinstall. The new procedure for a reinstall is as follows:
    • Install your old copy of Windows XP
    • Activate it either online or over the phone
    • Install Vista
    Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Wile E Win User

Issues with installing software after clean install (multiple times)

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/28/perform-a-clean-install-with-a-vista-upgrade-disc

Wile E, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Issues with installing software after clean install (multiple times)

1. Issues with installing software after clean install (multiple times) - Similar Threads - Issues installing software

2. Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations: Hello,I unintentionally downloaded a virus that seems to be associated with XAMPP, causing my computer's applications, including Windows programs, to attempt connections to malicious IPs, which Malwarebytes has been blocking. Despite formatting my C: drive and deleting D:...
  3. Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent Virus Issue After Multiple Clean Installations: Hello,I unintentionally downloaded a virus that seems to be associated with XAMPP, causing my computer's applications, including Windows programs, to attempt connections to malicious IPs, which Malwarebytes has been blocking. Despite formatting my C: drive and deleting D:...
  4. Issue in installing software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue in installing software: Hello Dears,I have a software .msi that gives the following error when installing:Please guide me to solve this issue.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-in-installing-software/b6b523ec-5286-4c43-9e12-1670ab5307c4
  5. Issues with clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with clean install: So I tried to clean install windows the resetting windows got stuck at 99%, eventually restarted but said could not delete everything. windowes install started but bugged out halfway through. now when I boot I gett windows installationj failed to start. My bios settign seem...
  6. Software installation problems after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Software installation problems after clean install: I recently did a clean install of the OS with my PC. After the clean install, many of my softwares are not installing sucessfully. Many of them are just getting stuck in the installation process. All my drivers installed fine, but not softwares. A video software I have which...
  7. Issue with Clean Install

Issue with Clean Install: Today i upgraded my mother board, cpu and ram to an asrock z170 K6, an i7 6700k, and 2x8n ddr4 ram and i am trying to do a clean install from a usb created with the media creation tool. I have made 3 usb's and have gotten multiple BSOD's and now i am at the point where the...
  8. Multiple BSOD after clean install

Multiple BSOD after clean install: Good afternoon, I started having a few BSOD crashes last month and after exhaustive attempts to solve this issue myself with no progress I did a clean install of windows 10. The issue remains, however, it is less frequent now. Attachment 86921 54464
  9. Clean Install - Multiple drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install - Multiple drives: I have a Gateway ZX6800 AIO - previously W7 to W10 upgrades failed but I was able to do clean install. I did this on using a new Samsung SSD with other HD disconnected. I upgrade storage drive from 1TB to 2TB and copied all my data files to the new drive (D*Smile. I have W10...
  10. A lot of issues after a clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    A lot of issues after a clean install: Hey guys, I did a clean install of 10240 this weekend and at first I had a problem: It was only seeing 9.97GB of RAM out of 12 but I can live with that. But now some programs take over 10 minutes to start and the file explorer stops working when I try to left click on...