Windows 10: Issues with integrated Ethernet and PCI-E Ethernet adapters

Discus and support Issues with integrated Ethernet and PCI-E Ethernet adapters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Recently my on-board Ethernet port stopped working. At first I noticed that I no longer had the Wired Connection in the bottom right of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kecidek, Oct 12, 2015.

1. kecidek Win User

Issues with integrated Ethernet and PCI-E Ethernet adapters

Hello,

Recently my on-board Ethernet port stopped working. At first I noticed that I no longer had the Wired Connection in the bottom right of my taskbar, instead replaced by the Wi-Fi symbol. I checked to make sure that my ethernet cable was plugged in, and that the lights on either side of the cable were blinking. They were. I then checked my Device Manager to make sure the driver was still there. It was. The only issue I could see was that my ethernet adapter no longer showed up in my network settings, only my Wi-Fi adapter was listed. I noticed in Windows Update, it mentioned that it failed to install a driver for a network component, so I decided I would look for the most up to date driver for my ethernet adapter online, and install it myself. Here is where the real trouble started; Every time I try to uninstall the driver for my ethernet adapter, including when I tell it to delete local files, it comes right back. I've tried disabling it first, and then uninstalling, and even completely disabling my windows update, and automatic device installer, but it still comes back every time. After a few hours of trying this with no luck, I decided to just run Recovery, and luckily it gave me a restore point to just before it ran the last Windows update. After recovery ran, everything worked, until I shut my computer off. When it booted back up, the ethernet adapter was missing again. Went through the same steps; Recover and wait. This worked, and I disabled Windows Update, and it has worked since. However, this fix isn't good enough for me. I want the latest updates from Microsoft, so I just decided to buy a new PCI-E Ethernet Adapter, and hope that would work better. I installed the card into my computer, and it didn't show up in my list of network adapters either, yet the driver for it shows up in device manager. I can also not uninstall this driver. What is wrong with windows? Why can I not delete a driver and just have it list the hardware under Other Devices as an unknown device? Is there some firewall setting that stops me from deleting drivers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

kecidek, Oct 12, 2015
  2. nat_bl Win User

the new build 14951 has the same problems  as 14942/14946

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter PCI

nat_bl, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Blue Screen Error (Kernel Security Check Failure)

I don't have any Qualcomm Atheros Device. I have two network adapters one is for WiFi and it's a TP-Link TL-WN822NV2, and the other one is for Ethernet and it's a Realtek RTL8168D/8111D PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.

Best regards,

Daniel

Daniel_Almeida92, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

Issues with integrated Ethernet and PCI-E Ethernet adapters

1. Issues with integrated Ethernet and PCI-E Ethernet adapters - Similar Threads - Issues integrated Ethernet

2. Realtek PCI GbE Ethernet adapter problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek PCI GbE Ethernet adapter problem: Product: HP ProBook 430 G5 Notebook PCOperating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Hello,Very strange issue:When connecting the CAT cable to LAN port on my ProBook it gets a link on a router port which I use several months already but after trying to identify the network for a...
  3. Realtek PCI GbE Ethernet adapter problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek PCI GbE Ethernet adapter problem: Product: HP ProBook 430 G5 Notebook PCOperating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Hello,Very strange issue:When connecting the CAT cable to LAN port on my ProBook it gets a link on a router port which I use several months already but after trying to identify the network for a...
  4. USB to Ethernet adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to Ethernet adapter: How to install USB to Ethernet adapter in desktop computer with Window 8.1 and malfunctioned Ethernet LAN card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-to-ethernet-adapter/d68507df-1491-41ac-ad6d-f03bc100985c
  5. Missing ethernet adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing ethernet adapter: I've spent the last 2 days trying to figure out how to solve this. For some reason the ethernet adapter vanished and I cannot get it working again. Background: About a week ago I replaced my motherboard, CPU, and RAM because my old system was getting very dated. I used my old...
  6. Ethernet Adapter issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet Adapter issues: Win 10 Enterprise. I have onboard ethernet set to a static IP. I'm looking to run hyper-v on here for a few small VMs for a testing env and added an additional PCI 4port NIC attached. Those 4 ports are currently disconnected from the switch. I can ping from the workstation to...
  7. missing of ethernet pci controller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    missing of ethernet pci controller: In my Pc Pci ethernet contrller is missing but wireless wifi diriver is working well please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-of-ethernet-pci-controller/7092c972-e59f-45ee-be05-a7cb09641810
  8. Ethernet to usb adapter connection issue

Ethernet to usb adapter connection issue: Hello everyone, My laptop is lenovo yoga 2 pro and it doesn't have an ethernet port so I bought an adapter that is one side usb (connect to the laptop) and the other side accepts regular ethernet cable that is connected to the router, at the start everything works fine for...
  9. Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller

Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller: I have an older ASUS laptop (2009) with a Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller and Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter, the technician I use for repairs says they are both capable of accepting high speed internet (Up to 1GB of speed) although I...
  10. Need a PCI Ethernet Network Adapter

Need a PCI Ethernet Network Adapter: I have been having problems with my computer randomly dropping my internet connection. Usually my ping spikes real high, Skype disconnects me, the game I'm playing disconnects me. I had this problem before upgrading to windows 10 and don't know if its my killer e2200 that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is a realtek rtl8168d/8111d family pci-e ADAPTER USED FOR

2. what is a realtek rtl8168d/8111d family pci=e gigabit ethernet nic used for