Windows 10: Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

Discus and support Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good Afternoon,We have recently used this Answer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jason MacDonald1, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

Good Afternoon,We have recently used this Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-and-inability-to-burn-blank/145591fc-8d6b-41c0-b5e5-252ba76f2788 to resolve an issue with a few of our desktops no burning CDs. The fix works when you run it, but the next time we run a Windows Update on the system, the registry entry reverts back to how it was before and we have to go back and rerun the registry changes. How do we prevent this from happening?

:)

Jason MacDonald1, Apr 24, 2024
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

How to change the highlight color properly / permanently?

Hi Jarrad,

The issue that you're experiencing may be due to a Windows startup function that resets the registry key upon restart.

We suggest making yourself the owner and the only person who has full access to this key. In doing so, you can prevent the registry key from reverting the changes and for it to permanently take its effect. Just Make sure that "System" and "Everyone" has
    read-access.

Kindly follow the methods below to do it:

Set ownership:

• Right-click the key and click Permissions.
    • Choose Advanced, then Owner. Now set your own account as the owner.

Set permissions:

• Right-click the key, then click the first visible account.
    • Mark or unmark the various permission boxes. Do the same to the remaining accounts. If your own account is invisible, click
      Add.

Important: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before
    you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. Here's an article for more information about creating a back up:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

We'll wait for your reply about this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 24, 2024
  4. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

1. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent - Similar Threads - Issues NoCDBurning Registry

2. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent: Good Afternoon,We have recently used this Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-and-inability-to-burn-blank/145591fc-8d6b-41c0-b5e5-252ba76f2788 to resolve an issue with a few of our desktops no burning CDs. The fix works when you run...
  3. Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with make NoCDBurning Registry changes permanent: Good Afternoon,We have recently used this Answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solved-windows-10-and-inability-to-burn-blank/145591fc-8d6b-41c0-b5e5-252ba76f2788 to resolve an issue with a few of our desktops no burning CDs. The fix works when you run...
  4. Permanently change highlight color in registry

Permanently change highlight color in registry: I have changed the highlight color in registry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors under "Hilight" to be deep blue 0 0 128, after restarting the computer the changes are effective, but for some reason after some time the changes are simply reverted to a lighter...
  5. Permanently change highlight color in registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently change highlight color in registry: I have changed the highlight color in registry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors under "Hilight" to be deep blue 0 0 128, after restarting the computer the changes are effective, but for some reason after some time the changes are simply reverted to a lighter...
  6. Permanently change highlight color in registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Making permanent change to account folder name

Making permanent change to account folder name: Background:I have apps that I need to run in windows11, but the apps have errors due to my username and user folder having a spaceWhat I've done:I have temporarily enabled the built in administer account and sind into it. Then I changed the user account path name in regedit...
  8. How to make changes in Device Manager permanent

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make changes in Device Manager permanent: I have a touchscreen laptop which recently acquired a crack. Near this crack there will often be "ghost clicks". To try and stop this problem I disabled the HID compliant touch screen in Device manager. It worked. However the next day the touchscreen had re-enabled itself,...
  9. Can not make registry changes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not make registry changes.: I've concluded that anyone who's search ends up here: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials has probably ended up in a number of other places which make the same conclusions. I have no reason to doubt that my Nav pane...
  10. Cannot make changes in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot make changes in Registry: I've logged in as administrator. I run regedit as an administrator, but when I go to make changes, it just says access denied. I'm trying to fix event id 10016 errors. I've been able to take ownership, but can't attain full access. Any suggestions? Later....... I...