Windows 10: Issues with malwarebytes need help

Discus and support Issues with malwarebytes need help in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i have had some issues lately with my computer from a virus i do not know where from. So for starters my task manager opens blank and closes... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by taygen, Sep 10, 2017.

1. taygen Win User

Issues with malwarebytes need help

So i have had some issues lately with my computer from a virus i do not know where from. So for starters my task manager opens blank and closes immediately later i try to open my malware bytes and it comes up with unable to connect to service it has a very long delay before it says it, so i go to my services and see it once and looks fine except not running i try to it doesn't work i cant remember what i did but it disappeared so now i have malware bytes and no service for it stuck in a loop. Please tell me what to do i have tried other virus removers and it says i'm clean. I just don't know why it wont let me use task manager and i cant run malware bytes any help appreciated. I am also not a computer expert so if you ask me something you might need to tell me exactly how to get to it.

:)

taygen, Sep 10, 2017

2. Rolling back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, then back to 10 when support for 7 ends.

1. Go back to Windows 7 or go back to the previous build?

2. Did you purchase the refurbished computer on 10 January, first use it on 10 January, or did the refurbisher (I assume) "install" Win10 on 10 January?

3a. Where did you purchased the refurbished computer?

3b. Do you know who refurbished it?

4. What Windows 10 Version & OS Build is currently installed?

Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
    key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments:

• IMHO you can't trust the security of any used computer unless & until YOU have formatted the HDD & then done a clean install of Windows (or paid someone - not the supposed "refurbisher" - to do it for you).
    • Mom's prolly better off sticking with Win10. Learning new stuff is good for her! <wink>

We purchased the computer from a Comprenew store on January 18, but the date on the OS install was January 10. We just activated the software on the 18th. Comprenew recycles old electronics etc. and is a certified Microsoft refurbisher. I am not positive
    which build is installed, but I can find it when I get over there. It looks like we have lots of help here to figure things out... all is tremendously appreciated. And... yes....it is good for her to learn new stuff, so we are trying to encourage her to
    learn the "new" Windows OS. We'll see what happens. Thanks again! Issues with malwarebytes need help :) Oh yeah, I do need to double check if it says go back to Windows7 or previous build...thanks for that. I've been looking at too many computers lately... can't remember which one says
    what. :[

Need some help with..., Sep 10, 2017
  3. Information from calender missing after updating to version 1709

Hi, and thanks. There were only about 10 or so events with a couple paragraphs of notes on each event. The syncing process was taking hours. Something isn't right. I'm pretty sure it's not a bandwidth issue. The same message keeps coming up stating "We're
    not able to show you some events in this time frame. But They're still there-via your account provider." What exactly does that mean. It sounds like it should be a simple fix. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? I really need this info.

One other thing, as you can see, there does not appear to be another restore point prior to the 1709 update. All attempts failed.

Need some help with..., Sep 10, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums @taygen

There may be some malware processes that are preventing you using Task Manager and Malwarebytes. Use Rkill to stop them then, without restarting, try Malwarebytes again.

Download RKill

5. taygen Win User
    Thank you for the suggestion but i ran it and it said no known issues so do i need to supply more information on my computer or more screen shots i have no clue what is wrong

taygen, Sep 10, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Sep 10, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    I see you have Norton on there - does that run? If so, can you run a full scan of drive C?
    Try this - ADWCleaner to get rid of problems.
    Downloads - AdwCleaner - ToolsLib

simrick, Sep 10, 2017
  8. taygen Win User

Hello i finished the scanner for eset and it fixed my task manager but my malware bytes still says cannot connect to service and i checked my services under service.msc and malware bytes is not there anything els i have to do?

taygen, Sep 10, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Sounds like your virus may have deleted the MalwareBytes service. You may need to reinstall Malwarebytes to repair this.

10. taygen Win User
    Should i just install again or fully uninstall if so is it just under uninstall programs in control panel? EDIT
    Thank you so much tenforums and everyone on it who helped. I cant thank you enough you helped me solve all of my errors problems and viruses TY.

taygen, Sep 10, 2017
  11. Porthos Win User
    1. Download the latest MB 3 installer from : https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mb3
    2. Run the installer on top of your existing product. (Note you don't have to uninstall anything, just run the installer again)

Porthos, Sep 10, 2017
  12. taygen Win User
    I resolved all my issues and fixed everything thank you so much for the help.

taygen, Sep 10, 2017
  13. damien76 Win User

Sounds like a thing for Corrine here...is she around here...?

Anyway, just to add I'd leave MBAM as it is for the moment as the virus may have disabled it. I rememebr the experts advice to rename MBAM to something else prior re-installation but I have not tested that yet in the newer versions. I use eset online scanner from time to time when needed also.

Perhaps you can try, for viruses I advise my friends (non-techy pals) to use:

Emsisoft Emergency Kit - EEK
    Emsisoft | Emergency Kit: Free Portable Malware Scan and Removal

You will need a spare USB stick for EEK.

How to find and clean malware infections with Emsisoft Emergency Kit
    How to find and clean malware infections with Emsisoft Emergency Kit | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Or use,

Zemana AntiMalware 2.74.2.150
    Clean your computer in minutes with Zemana AntiMalware, no matter how badly infected!

Portable Zemana AntiMalware 2.74.2.150https://www.zemana.com/en-US/Download/AntiMalware/Portable/Zemana.AntiMalware.Portable.exe

Just download from the link above. Install and connect to the internet. Scan your system.

Do check your PM. I sent you something to help you.

Goodluck!

damien76, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Issues with malwarebytes need help - Similar Threads - Issues malwarebytes need

2. Need help for issues with Bitlocker.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help for issues with Bitlocker.: I was playing a game on my laptop suddenly it froze so I tried force shutdown but it didn't worked so I had to remove the battery and start my laptop again, but now I am unable to access my bitlocker encrypted drives,I can't find bitlocker anywhere in my pc ,seems like its...
  3. Need help with crashing issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with crashing issue.: Hello all,First of all thanks for taking the time to read my post. Lately my PC is randomly crashing, so far this happened only while gaming but not sure if gaming is the cause. Basically what happens is the screen freezes, the colors of the monitor get all funny and it...
  4. Need help with crashing issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with crashing issue.: Hello all,First of all thanks for taking the time to read my post. Lately my PC is randomly crashing, so far this happened only while gaming but not sure if gaming is the cause. Basically what happens is the screen freezes, the colors of the monitor get all funny and it...
  5. Need help with a display issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need help with a display issue: My old Samsung SyncMaster B2030 is showing something I don't know how to name, so I'll say it's like a galaxy of small shiny white dots. [img] [img] Can you please explain what is that and what can I do to fix it, should it have any fix? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 20H2...
  6. Need help with this issue.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with this issue.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_JmartinezJ_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwj9k1/need_help_with_this_issue/
  7. I need help in this issue.

I need help in this issue.: I have a Dell Inspiron 5570 with windows 10. Last week, I had done a reset but because my battery discharged completely, my windows got corrupted and my laptop was stuck in a restart loop. I was not being able to open safe mode or any advanced repair mode from Dell. Somehow...
  8. Need help with an issue.

Need help with an issue.: Recently I’ve had an issue where my computer isn’t functioning very well. I’m not able to open any applications but settings and file explorer, so my computer is pretty much completely useless. When I click on any file/application, nothing happens, and the computer reacts as...
  9. Malwarebytes detects a lot of issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes detects a lot of issues: I have just did a complete scan with MalwareByte and found 365 issues, has anyone had issues with this? [Original Title: Security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malwarebytes-detects-a-lot-of-issues/889ba9cb-f4f9-4457-a7bb-6b6da868678f
  10. Win10 or MalWareBytes issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 or MalWareBytes issue?: A little over a month ago I bought the latest version of Malware Bytes (also installed Anti-Ransomware). Since then I've noticed that my system hitches, stammers or hesitates, very briefly, when certain programs are loading (including FireFox and VLC player or Not Responding...