Windows 10: Issues with multiple programs stemming from Appdata sub/folder

Discus and support Issues with multiple programs stemming from Appdata sub/folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, So I booted up today and for a while my chrome has been completely unable to open so as a substitute I've been using chrome canary,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Torchy2, May 6, 2018.

1. Torchy2 Win User

Issues with multiple programs stemming from Appdata sub/folder

Hey everyone,

So I booted up today and for a while my chrome has been completely unable to open so as a substitute I've been using chrome canary, today I was looking up some more troubleshooting for chrome and found one about changing the name of a chrome folder located in the local appdata folder, so i go to the users folder and change the settings to display all hidden folders, this takes 5 minutes and at the end it says there was an issue with one file that it wasn't able to make it visible, I click okay and now all of my desktop icons and the users folder have all disappeared, I go through window settings and make everything visible and the icons and users folder reappears.
    After this i decide to system restore however it doesn't work due to an error code (0x80070005), I then follow multiple trouleshooting guides for that and none of them work until I bootup in safe mode and it finally works, except now chrome still doesn't open, firefox does open due to issue with "XPCOM", and discord doesn't open due to "EPRERM: operation not permitted, open Appdata\Roaming\discord\tray.png", i.e. another issue stemming from AppData,

Thanks for any help

:)

Torchy2, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Issues with multiple programs stemming from Appdata sub/folder

1. Issues with multiple programs stemming from Appdata sub/folder - Similar Threads - Issues multiple programs

2. Crashes stemming from ntkrnlmp.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes stemming from ntkrnlmp.exe: I have now gotten multiple BSOD's all seeming to stem from nt module and image name ntkrnlmp.exe when checking minidumps. This has stemmed from multiple processes, namely wallpaper32.ex Wallpaper Engine. I have since turned that off, but am still getting BSOD's.I have...
  3. Crashes stemming from ntkrnlmp.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes stemming from ntkrnlmp.exe: I have now gotten multiple BSOD's all seeming to stem from nt module and image name ntkrnlmp.exe when checking minidumps. This has stemmed from multiple processes, namely wallpaper32.ex Wallpaper Engine. I have since turned that off, but am still getting BSOD's.I have...
  4. How to resolve multiple AppData Apps Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve multiple AppData Apps Folders: A recent Windows update appears to have messed something up with the one-click-installer registries. It looks like the issue is now fixed but now I have multiple folders in the AppData>Local>Apps>2.0 folder around four of them because a program kept having to reinstall itself...
  5. How to resolve multiple AppData Apps Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve multiple AppData Apps Folders: A recent Windows update appears to have messed something up with the one-click-installer registries. It looks like the issue is now fixed but now I have multiple folders in the AppData>Local>Apps>2.0 folder around four of them because a program kept having to reinstall itself...
  6. How to resolve multiple AppData Apps Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Issue with unhidden AppData folder

Issue with unhidden AppData folder: Hello everyone. I performed the below actions and after then a lot of software doesn't work properly in my computer. I first check the "show hidden folders" button. After I checked the box, in order to make the AppData as a permanent unhidden folder. Then it started to...
  8. One folder versus multiple sub folders

One folder versus multiple sub folders: Hi All, I run Win 10 latest version on I7 and 16GB I have a large folder containing all my pictures 25000 under D:\Photos. Question : What is the safest and more efficient recommandation: 1: One large folder with all files or 2: multiple sub folders with 500 files max per...
  9. Background screen NOT from sub folders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background screen NOT from sub folders.: Hello, I've noticed that while with Vista you could choose as a background screen the folder Pictures and the slideshow would includes all the sub folders as well, now you can choose only a specific folder ( if you choose Pictures and it contains only sub folders the screen...
  10. Deleting the SendTo Folder from the AppData Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting the SendTo Folder from the AppData Folder: The SendTo folder is something that I do not use, including the one in the browser. Deleting the SendTo folder from the AppData folder does not crash the computer. It makes the computer no longer having the SendTo folder. In fact, I do not need help from this one....