Windows 10: Issues with Realtek Audio Enhancements

Discus and support Issues with Realtek Audio Enhancements in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today, out of nowhere, the sounds of my PC started to get weird. (Windows 10 v1607 anniversary update) I look at the settings and everything is back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by renk23, Sep 19, 2016.

1. renk23 Win User

Issues with Realtek Audio Enhancements

Today, out of nowhere, the sounds of my PC started to get weird. (Windows 10 v1607 anniversary update)

I look at the settings and everything is back to default.

I set my preferences again (equalizer, virtual surround and Intensity equalization) but every media players that I have (Kodi, Groove, Wynil, Dopamine, PotPLayer) stopped playing sounds.

System sounds, Browser and games works fine.

I was using the Realtek R279 driver, I used it for a long time and never had any problems;

I tried reinstalling, not solved. I tried the new drivers: 6.0.1.7931 and 6.0.1.7936. Not solved.

Any help?

P.S. If I disable the Audio Enhancements, media players start to work normally, but the audio without my settings is horrible.

P.S.2 Sorry my english.

:)

renk23, Sep 19, 2016

2. Windows 10 Realtek HD Audio driver problem

I would definitely do an upgrade on Realtek drivers. My issues were very similar with the Realtek drivers and Nahimic program on an MSI GE72 series laptop, causing many audio issues such as distortion, no bass, very tinny sound and out of control audio
    levels after performing a Windows 10 major update. To get the updated drivers to load correctly, I had to uninstall both Realtek and Nahimic drivers and programs and reboot the computer. After loading the Realtek drivers three times it finally worked. Nahimic
    audio enhancements work with MSI products. Check your computer for add-ons Dell may have added and uninstall it with the audio drivers and reboot. Update the Realtek drivers once PC reboots and check audio performance. If you have Dell audio enhancement program,
    install and test.

Scorpious-775, Sep 19, 2016
  3. Time Lady Win User
    the audio in my PC with Windows 10 is not working

Hi, if you don't see the enhancements tab then hopefully someone with the realtek audio device will be able to tell you where to look under its settings for audio enhancements.

You could try looking under Environment to see if there is any similar setting to audio enhancements.

Time Lady, Sep 19, 2016
  4. thekelt Win User

Did you go into Device Manager and check if anything is not working or has a warning triangle on the device? I'm Win10 pro v10586 and just updated my Realtek driver yesterday, and it's RTKVHD64.sys (I'm 64 bit) and ver 6.0.1.7933.
    The driver may be corrupt for some reason, possibly malware, so might be an idea to run scans. Try also deleting the driver before installing in device manager unless u already did. Cheers.

thekelt, Sep 19, 2016
  5. fireberd Win User
    That suggests its something other than the Realtek. I don't use any of the listed media players, but I would suspect one (or more) of those could be the problem. Some Windows update may have caused those to not work properly.

If you have System Restore point, do a system restore using an available restore date when it did work properly.

fireberd, Sep 19, 2016
  6. renk23 Win User
    Besides that realtek issue, my Windows was all messy too.

The option to login with Pin disappeared.
    Some App did not update, some not install ..

I tried several things:
    Local account
    System Restore
    Sfc / scannow
    Reinstall the latest windows update
    scan with anti-virus and anti-malware

And then I gave up. I went back to Insider user, and downloaded the latest build preview, and everything was resolved.

renk23, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Issues with Realtek Audio Enhancements - Similar Threads - Issues Realtek Audio

2. Realtek Audio issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio issues: Realtek Audio speakers, Windows 11My audio drivers had disappeared once and made the system unable to detect the speakers. After reinstalling the drivers, the problem was fixed... temporarily. A few hours later, the sound vanished from my computer - even though the drivers...
  3. Realtek Audio issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio issues: Realtek Audio speakers, Windows 11My audio drivers had disappeared once and made the system unable to detect the speakers. After reinstalling the drivers, the problem was fixed... temporarily. A few hours later, the sound vanished from my computer - even though the drivers...
  4. Realtek Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Issues: Hey, I'm having a bunch of issues with Nvidia broadcast RTX Voice and Realtek Audio. I have a new Acer Swift X model number SFX14-41G. When Nvidia broadcast is installed, the sound settings glitches out and prohibits you from switching the input or output devices and also...
  5. Realtek audio issues

Realtek audio issues: I think it's a driver issue, basically, I have a choice of 2 drivers: High Definition Audio Device and Realtek High Definition Audio. When I'm using HDAD my mic makes a constant buzzing sound that Discord and OBS can pick up, the solution for this is to go to the mic in...
  6. Realtek Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio Issues: I got a new computer with Windows 10 on it just yesterday, and I'm already having issues with my headset. I had accidentally set the microphone for it as a headset when the settings thing popped up. So I tried looking for a solution for that, and all I found was Microsoft...
  7. REALTEK ISSUE ON SOUND PANEL ON "ENHANCEMENTS"

in Windows 10 Customization
    REALTEK ISSUE ON SOUND PANEL ON "ENHANCEMENTS": I got the enhancement tab but not as many options as this guy has How to Remove Buzzing and Static Noise From Microphone on Windows 10 Easy Method - YouTube does I only got “noise suppression” and “echo cancellation” while that guy has like Bean forming and more please help I...
  8. Realtek Audio issue

Realtek Audio issue: Hey, new here, any help would be fantastic!! Sys: Dell Studio XPS 8100, MB: OT568R/DH57M01 BIOS: A05,Legacy CPU: Intel i7 860 Mem:8gb, DDR3 GPU:AMD Radeon 6770 OS: Win10 10.0.19042 Audio I/O driver: MS 10.0.19041.1 12/06/19, Realtek audio driver: 6.0.1.6299...
  9. Realtek Audio issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Realtek Audio issue: Hey, new here, any help would be fantastic!! Sys: Dell Studio XPS 8100, MB: OT568R/DH57M01 BIOS: A05,Legacy CPU: Intel i7 860 Mem:8gb, DDR3 GPU:AMD Radeon 6770 OS: Win10 10.0.19042 Audio I/O driver: MS 10.0.19041.1 12/06/19, Realtek audio driver: 6.0.1.6299...
  10. realtek audio enhancement makes echo

in Windows 10 Customization
    realtek audio enhancement makes echo: i want to know how to fix it without disabling it headphone virtualization cause the problem but i don't know how to disable it by itself on older drivers that was a option to disable but i don't want to use older drivers so can anyone have a fix...