Windows 10: Issues with reinstalling from USB drive

Discus and support Issues with reinstalling from USB drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A couple of days ago, due to some issues with Windows updates that weren't completely installed on my computer, my laptop crashed and has since then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by harryh22, Jul 21, 2018.

1. harryh22 Win User

Issues with reinstalling from USB drive

A couple of days ago, due to some issues with Windows updates that weren't completely installed on my computer, my laptop crashed and has since then been unable to move past the Lenovo logo screen. I decided to create a Windows 10 installer USB drive and then followed the process for the computer to boot from the USB drive.

After doing this, the computer reaches a black screen with the blue Windows logo on it and eventually the circle loading sign appears. After sitting on this for 3-4 minutes, the screen goes black and takes me back to the Lenovo logo screen, on which it sits for a very long time (at least 10 minutes). Eventually it then loops me back to the black screen with the blue Windows logo and the process repeats.

Does anyone have any advice for reinstalling Windows 10 on this computer?

:)

harryh22, Jul 21, 2018
  2. little cat, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Patriot Quick Drive USB 3.0

Hi Peter,

Windows 10 may have encountered a driver issue or a hardware issue. For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried using the USB flash drive on a different computer? Is it able to detect the USB flash drive?
    • Have you tried formatting the USB flash drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, if you haven't tried updating your driver or reinstalling the default driver. Kindly see this

article
    and follow the steps on updating and reinstalling the driver.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Issues with reinstalling from USB drive - Similar Threads - Issues reinstalling USB

2. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive: I managed to screw up Windows 10 with the installation of incorrect ASUS drivers for my motherboard. Unable to boot into Windows. Big mess. I tried two of two restore points and tried reinstalling Windows from the Helpful Blue Screen. No luck with either. Exhausted other...
  3. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive: I managed to screw up Windows 10 with the installation of incorrect ASUS drivers for my motherboard. Unable to boot into Windows. Big mess. I tried two of two restore points and tried reinstalling Windows from the Helpful Blue Screen. No luck with either. Exhausted other...
  4. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop, and I’ve been trying everything to get it fixed. I installed the media creation tool onto a USB drive with 32gb of storage and I can’t figure out how to use it to do a fresh Windows 10 install. I can’t get past the blue...
  6. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive

Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop, and I’ve been trying everything to get it fixed. I installed the media creation tool onto a USB drive with 32gb of storage and I can’t figure out how to use it to do a fresh Windows 10 install. I can’t get past the blue...
  7. Reinstalling Windows 10 from a USB drive

8. Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive: Near comedy of things going on at once. HD with Install went at once, no saving. USB with Win retail will not install on new, or any other drive I have. Looked over multiple suggestions on the web. "new" in options is not highlighted and in dim letters for all drives...
  9. Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive

Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive: Near comedy of things going on at once. HD with Install went at once, no saving. USB with Win retail will not install on new, or any other drive I have. Looked over multiple suggestions on the web. "new" in options is not highlighted and in dim letters for all drives...
  10. Reinstall from Win10 retail USB flashh drive

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what issues can occur after reinstalling windows 10 with a usb