Windows 10: Issues with Skype status and calling

Discus and support Issues with Skype status and calling in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We have detected an issue that is affecting Skype in a number of ways. If you're signed in to Skype, you will not be able to change your status and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Issues with Skype status and calling

Source: Issues with Skype status and calling - Heartbeat

:)

Brink, Sep 20, 2015
  2. Siham.QI. Win User

cant connect to skype with window 10

Ive recently updated to windows 10 and have had issues with skype not working correctly. When I eventually managed to sign in I now am unable to change my status to online. The only status it is allowing me is offline. Where I cannot call any contacts.
    This issue is I believe down to skype not being fully compatible with windows 10. Does anyone know if I need to change any settings on my surface pro 3.

Siham.QI., Sep 20, 2015
  3. farby Win User
    How to turn Skype off on Lumia 920?

Did some tests..

Skype on my Nokia Lumia 920 (My login) and Skype on my PC (my Wife's log-in).

When I select 'Invisible'.. I could make calls to her but she can't..

Its only when I select 'Available' she could make calls to me. ..and when I select 'Invisible'..my status is shown 'Offline' to her ..

farby, Sep 20, 2015
  4. tcman50 Win User

People across the world have been unable to use Skype today due to "issues" with the popular video-calling service.

Affected users are unable to start Skype calls with their contacts, who show up as offline even if they have signed in to the service.

Users in the UK are suffering the most, according to The Inquirer.

The problems are reported to have started around 9.15am UK time.

source is here : http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10510815.html

tcman50, Sep 20, 2015
  5. shimshom Win User
    It's now resolved and working fine at least here

shimshom, Sep 21, 2015
  6. Read more: http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...-skype-outage/

Cluster Head, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Issues with Skype status and calling - Similar Threads - Issues Skype status

2. Music over Skype call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music over Skype call: I have been having piano lessons over Skype for 18 months successfully. Last week on 9th November 2021 the class was abandoned. The connection was up, and voice fine but the piano sounded like poor electronic noises. A further attempt on the 12th was the same. It is the same...
  3. Music over Skype call

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music over Skype call: I have been having piano lessons over Skype for 18 months successfully. Last week on 9th November 2021 the class was abandoned. The connection was up, and voice fine but the piano sounded like poor electronic noises. A further attempt on the 12th was the same. It is the same...
  4. skype video calls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    skype video calls: during skype video calls my contacts only see a grey screen with a video icon crossed out. they also can't hear me. what can I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-video-calls/f543066c-71dc-40b3-9705-fbe92c6c84aa
  5. Skype Video Calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Skype Video Calls: When I tried using Skype on my laptop to call our Son. The computer screen is all purple and green and I am unable to see anything. It was fine last time I used it, but sadly not today and I was unable to see my little Grandson. There was a windows update today which meant...
  6. Skype: How To Record Calls?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype: How To Record Calls?: Hi computing experts, I just want to record the audio content of my Skype calls between me and one other person into any kind of audio format. I'm not wanting to record video. I know it's possible to record Skype calls from within the Skype now, but I don't want to use...
  7. skype to skype video call screen display

in Windows 10 Customization
    skype to skype video call screen display: Is there a way to full screen an incoming video skype to skype call on my computer , instead of seeing the caller in a small window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-to-skype-video-call-screen-display/ad12afb3-fa41-4f7f-8108-301ae220f47a
  8. Introducing Skype call recording

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Skype call recording: When we added video to Skype calls over ten years ago, the ability to share important moments with loved ones took a big step forward. Today, we’re introducing call recording to help capture special moments in a Skype call with your loved ones or record important meetings...
  9. Skype can't receive calls

Skype can't receive calls: I have Skype on my desktop and my laptop. It is working fine on my desktop. On my laptop, I can make calls but am unable to receive any. I have tried using my desktop skype to call my Laptop skype, but it doesn't register at all. I have tried sending text messages to my...
  10. Skype Call Problems

Skype Call Problems: Is anyone else having problems with Skype in Window´s 10? I make daily outgoing calls to Companies and none of the switchboards are picking up my "tone" when I´m making an option selection from an automated operator. I´m also finding the "click to call" very slow (but not...