Windows 10: Issues with Windows 10 and 32 GB ram

Discus and support Issues with Windows 10 and 32 GB ram in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 enterprise and I installed 32 gb ram in my board and for some reason hardware reserved is taking up 103 mb. I do not have onboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nickm28, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Nickm28 Win User

Issues with Windows 10 and 32 GB ram

I have Windows 10 enterprise and I installed 32 gb ram in my board and for some reason hardware reserved is taking up 103 mb. I do not have onboard graphics I have a dedicated gpu there is no onboard on my motherboard. It's not a big issue but just annoying it doesn't show just 32 gb installed. It's an Asus aura 970 using a amd fx 8350 8 core. The ram is g skill ddr3 1833 MHz.

:)

Nickm28, Jul 26, 2016
  2. 40wnks Win User

Will I need to reactivate my Windows 10 upgrade

My Windows 7 is 32 bit so currently I only have 4 gb RAM. I am upgrading to 32 gb with the new setup. As I update to Windows 10 will that 32 gb RAM be available to utilize? Sorry if this is confusing. I know what with 32 bit Windows 7, any more than 4
    gb RAM was wasted.

thanks,

Bill

40wnks, Jul 26, 2016
  3. What's the maximum RAM support for Windows 10 Home Edition and Professional OS

I'm assuming your answer above is not correct anymore. Am I right to assume that? Also, if I have Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64 bit I can upgrade to windows 10 64 bit and have 128GB ram support? I ask because i just purchased ram upgrade today to 24
    gb ram and didn't know it wasn't supported by Windows 7 home. So to clarify, Windows 10 Home 64 bit will allow me to have full use of my 24 GB ram upgrade?

How much RAM does each edition of Windows 10 support?

Edition

Amount

Windows 10 Home 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    128 GBs

Windows 10 Pro 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    512 GBs

Windows 10 Enterprise/Education 32 bit
    4 GBs

Windows 10 Enterprise/Education 64 bit
    512 GBs

DavidKohnen, Jul 26, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I've found that Windows will take a bit of RAM regardless of what an Add-in card has. I have an AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB Add-in PCIe 16X adapter on my WIn10 computer with 8GB RAM, DXDIAG Display tab shows it has 4848MB memory available.

Berton, Jul 26, 2016
  5. Nickm28 Win User
    It's weird because I have another pc with a gigabyte board that has an amd six core cpu and 16 gb ram and dedicated graphics and all 16 gb shows up no usable crap.

Nickm28, Jul 26, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    I have read on the Asus Rog forums and at Overclock.net in the Asus forum that some of there boards don't display the full Ram as you are seeing , and it is also what I see on my new X99A II (31.9GB, 88.9mb hardware reserved) , however RamMon shows all 32GB . I have yet to see a full explanation of this though, ie exactly what is reserving it..

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Issues with Windows 10 and 32 GB ram - Similar Threads - Issues ram

2. Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM: A short while since March 15th I noticed an irregularity of disk space which marked a steady decline in my PC speed and response time. In mid-March, I noticed that permanently deleting large files wouldn't be reflected through available space and that the opposite would be...
  3. Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM: A short while since March 15th I noticed an irregularity of disk space which marked a steady decline in my PC speed and response time. In mid-March, I noticed that permanently deleting large files wouldn't be reflected through available space and that the opposite would be...
  4. Issues with available space and running speed disk/RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Randomly Restarted And Showing Signs Of Ram Issues Even Though I Just Replaced Faulty Ram.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Restarted And Showing Signs Of Ram Issues Even Though I Just Replaced Faulty Ram.: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/6j9qwghttps://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/195jewk/ram_stick_not_detected_after_enabling_xmp/^Previous reddit post about issues with ram previously^I have just RMA'd a set of faulty ram that I was having issues with earlier. This ram was...
  6. PC Randomly Restarted And Showing Signs Of Ram Issues Even Though I Just Replaced Faulty Ram.

PC Randomly Restarted And Showing Signs Of Ram Issues Even Though I Just Replaced Faulty Ram.: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/6j9qwghttps://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/195jewk/ram_stick_not_detected_after_enabling_xmp/^Previous reddit post about issues with ram previously^I have just RMA'd a set of faulty ram that I was having issues with earlier. This ram was...
  7. RAM issues with HP Pavilon x360 Convertible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM issues with HP Pavilon x360 Convertible: Hello, a couple of months ago I bought an HP Pavilon x360 Convertible 14-dt2xxx and I've been having multiple issues with the RAM and it functionality. The device it's just turned on with no other applications open yet the RAM is on 73%, at first I thought it was an...
  8. RAM issues with HP Pavilon x360 Convertible

RAM issues with HP Pavilon x360 Convertible: Hello, a couple of months ago I bought an HP Pavilon x360 Convertible 14-dt2xxx and I've been having multiple issues with the RAM and it functionality. The device it's just turned on with no other applications open yet the RAM is on 73%, at first I thought it was an...
  9. Various crashes shutting down my laptop, suspected driver or RAM issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various crashes shutting down my laptop, suspected driver or RAM issue: Originally crashing after running Valorant. Fresh install as I replaced the SSD in this laptop.Very similar to [this post]https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/wp8xqd/different_bsods_unexpected_store_exception/, however the BSODs are gone and are replaced by...
  10. Various crashes shutting down my laptop, suspected driver or RAM issue

Various crashes shutting down my laptop, suspected driver or RAM issue: Originally crashing after running Valorant. Fresh install as I replaced the SSD in this laptop.Very similar to [this post]https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/wp8xqd/different_bsods_unexpected_store_exception/, however the BSODs are gone and are replaced by...