Windows 10: issues with windows 10 home family safety

Discus and support issues with windows 10 home family safety in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to setup parental controls on Windows 10 so that the child account can only access the Internet and what ever programs I put on the desktop.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by testas, May 12, 2016.

1. testas Win User

issues with windows 10 home family safety

I'm trying to setup parental controls on Windows 10 so that the child account can only access the Internet and what ever programs I put on the desktop.
    I setup the accounts so that they are linked and the kids account shows up as a child on the computer. When I tested the standard settings the account was able to go in to Internet Explorer download chrome and install it. Even though it said you need the adult account to install there was a button was said something like install anyway. Once I got chrome installed I could go to all the blocked sites I had put in the parental controls. Also I was able to go in to the settings and just change my account from the required Microsoft account for the parental controls to a local account and be removed from the parental controls all together.
    The windows 8 and 7 parental controls seemed to work way better then the one that comes with Windows 10 can anyone help me make the child account more restricted? All I want them to be able to do is surf the Internet and only be allowed to pg sites or at least only sites i say are allowed and I don't want them to have access to setting or installing programs without the adult account.
    Thanks for any help!

:)

testas, May 12, 2016

2. Google account login not working with Microsoft Family Safety enabled.

I am also having this issue with my two children who have microsoft accounts with Family safety enabled. They cannot sign in to their google account to retrieve mail using Internet explorer or Edge under Windows 10 when logged in to Windows 10 under a windows
    account that has family safety enabled.

If signing in to a Windows 10 Account without family safety enabled, they can log in just fine using Internet Explorer or Edge.

Removing family safety from their Microsoft accounts allows them to log in just fine using Edge or IE.

Interestingly enough, they CAN log in using Chrome with family safety enabled, which apparently Microsoft has deprecated family safety support for, so this is significant issue for my family.

Russell Foushee, May 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - Family Safety time restrictions not updating. No way to add time or change...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Manage family settings online at account.microsoft.com/family, and changes will be applied to any Windows 10 device the child signs in to.

I suggest you to refer to these articles to check if this helps.

Family Safety: FAQ: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family-safety-faq

Set up family features: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...ly=windows-10&set-up-family-safety=windows-10

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 12, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

5. Linda JOJ Win User
    May be to use the third-party parental controls,
    e.g. NetNanny, Time Boss Pro or Kids Wath?
    This progs work on Win10 and have forced breaks, limitation websites by time and others...

Linda JOJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. issues with windows 10 home family safety - Similar Threads - issues home family

2. Microsoft Family Safety Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Hi ,My name is Lina , Here I am enquiring on behalf of both my sister in law and her daughter regarding the Microsoft Family Safety Account ..So here is the problem that they are facing right now .Basically , my sister in law can't seems to be able to add herself to the...
  3. Microsoft Family Safety Issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety Issue: Hi ,My name is Lina , Here I am enquiring on behalf of both my sister in law and her daughter regarding the Microsoft Family Safety Account ..So here is the problem that they are facing right now .Basically , my sister in law can't seems to be able to add herself to the...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Family Safety issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety issue: I have just created a new family member and added the account to a new pc. I have followed the steps and clicked "allow" on the child account.When on the family app or webpage it says that no device is connected under the childs account but when swithcing to the child account...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety issue

Microsoft Family Safety issue: I have just created a new family member and added the account to a new pc. I have followed the steps and clicked "allow" on the child account.When on the family app or webpage it says that no device is connected under the childs account but when swithcing to the child account...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety issues

Microsoft Family Safety issues: The following applies to both Windows 10 and Windows 11.Just some notes about things I have discovered that essentially compromise the entire purpose of Microsoft Family Safety:Internet BypassesIE11 exploit: Go to the built-in Mail app OR Settings --> Accounts --> Email and...
  8. Microsoft Family Safety issues

Microsoft Family Safety issues: The following applies to both Windows 10 and Windows 11.Just some notes about things I have discovered that essentially compromise the entire purpose of Microsoft Family Safety:Internet BypassesIE11 exploit: Go to the built-in Mail app OR Settings --> Accounts --> Email and...
  9. Microsoft Family Safety issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Issue with Family Safety Monitor

Issue with Family Safety Monitor: So pretty much, my dad set up Microsoft Family Safety Monitor on my pc. I started noticing that, whenever the computer gets locked, and then unlocked, this weird white square appears in the top left corner of the desktop. [ATTACH] You can move the square around, and it...