Windows 10: It began with very high CPU now my processesor has shut down how can l fix this please?

Discus and support It began with very high CPU now my processesor has shut down how can l fix this please? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The CPU returned a few weeks ago, l done evrything including updating the drivers from running windows defender l forgot how many times. The last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TraceyOnus, Aug 4, 2018.

1. It began with very high CPU now my processesor has shut down how can l fix this please?

The CPU returned a few weeks ago, l done evrything including updating the drivers from running windows defender l forgot how many times. The last straw was retuning my laptop back to factory the way l brought it. Through my windows ten home program.

To begin with it was great but then a few hours later if that it was back to the same as it was before hand, but now it stopped, firstly the firewall was removed followingby by the internet and now speakers.

Im at my wits end and not sure what to do. The registry log came up and it says. Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE| and so on please help.

kind regards

Tracey

:)

TraceyOnus, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Rick.T Win User

Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, Aug 4, 2018
  3. How to fix high CPU usage by Windows Modules Installer Worker?

Hi Abhilash,

For us to isolate your concern with high CPU usage by Windows Modules Installer Worker, we would like to know the following:

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you checked in safe mode if it's the same?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 4, 2018
  4. It began with very high CPU now my processesor has shut down how can l fix this please?

wpcmon.exe high CPU usage

Thanks Jonathan, I realised the same after saw your post. The high CPU by wpcmon

• after one of my kid account used and not logged out just screen locked or another kid account switched
    • if there was no time left, then no chance to log out and close all the sessions so this should be fixed by Microsoft ASAP
    On next day or after correct reboot and login via admin account no issues with high CPU.

So this issue is related to left or timed out kid account.

Laszlo Kiss, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

It began with very high CPU now my processesor has shut down how can l fix this please?

1. It began with very high CPU now my processesor has shut down how can l fix this please? - Similar Threads - began very high

2. HOW CAN i FIX THE SHUT DOWN "STOP CODE "I=ON MY LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW CAN i FIX THE SHUT DOWN "STOP CODE "I=ON MY LAPTOP: I tried UTube and the site on Windows Can not fix the shutdown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-the-shut-down-stop-code-ion-my/91e295f5-3e3c-4832-bf3c-9f86840b4098
  3. Windows Explorer has Very High power usage and consistently uses 10% cpu - fails to shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer has Very High power usage and consistently uses 10% cpu - fails to shut down: Hello ~I've run into an issue lately where Windows Explorer is using more resources than it probably should when idle. It seems to be using about 7-10% of my cpu and is listed as having "Very High" power usage the box is always red. The biggest and most concerning issue with...
  4. Ram and CPU usage is very high

Ram and CPU usage is very high: Task Manager shows that My account is using 2GB while in Performance Tab Its telling me I'm Using 9GB of 12GB Please help. I tried restarting but it never works. While the CPU usage is DOUBLED, I use 20% it tells me im using 40% im using 50% it tells me 100% and crashes all...
  5. Cpu usage very high

Cpu usage very high: My computer is fairly new, 16 gb of ram, decent computer overall, however I can barely run any game or even go on the internet because my cpu and disk usage will go from 5% to 100% in an instant and I have no idea why. I have tried everything i can possibly find on the...
  6. High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast

High CPU Usage from Task Manager, Then CPU Usage Goes Down Very Fast: I am noticing that whenever I open task manager the Task Manager process is using 15 - 20% of CPU, but then it quickly goes down to less then 1% CPU Usage. Also my fans randomly speed up, and whenever I open task manager the CPU Usage of task manager goes down and the fans...
  7. How to fix Microsoft virus defender has stopped working. Restart it now + High CPU usage...

How to fix Microsoft virus defender has stopped working. Restart it now + High CPU usage...: Since updating my pc, nothing has been working, and I've been getting high disk and CPU usage, because of these errors. > Microsoft virus defender has stopped working. Restart it now, also just read that it has been caused by the newest update, but I don't have the chance to...
  8. Very high CPU Temps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high CPU Temps: Hi I turned my PC on this morning as I do every morning but instead of behaving like it normally does the fans started spinning 100%. So I checked the temps in the BIOS and the CPU is running at 89c. I have cleaned off and reapplied the thermal paste. I used Arctic...
  9. High CPU Usage at idle, Games now running at very low fps.

High CPU Usage at idle, Games now running at very low fps.: So over the last month or so my computer was slowly starting to show symptoms. I fist noticed it when playing league. My fps went from a steady 250 to fluctuating between 60-160 fps causing random "attempting to reconnect" while the ping never moved. I spent a few weeks...
  10. My ram and cpu usage is very high

My ram and cpu usage is very high: Hey guys my cpu and ram usage is pretty high when im not even doing anything. Screenshot its on swedish but next to CPU is Memory. i found something called poolmon in windows kits where i could see if there was a driver that was using all the cpu and ram but i cant...