Windows 10: It doesn't upgrade

Discus and support It doesn't upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since I can't actually upgrade from an activated and working Win 7 I suppose I'll stick with Win 7, I've tried several times. Microsoft should have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brian925, May 24, 2016.

1. Brian925 Win User

It doesn't upgrade

Since I can't actually upgrade from an activated and working Win 7 I suppose I'll stick with Win 7, I've tried several times. Microsoft should have stuck with XP which worked great. They have made this so ridiculously hard I'm surprised any "regular" users have been able to make it work and I wonder how many have. I'm good with hardware but the software end of things I'm not as good at. And when I get frustrated with BS I say the hell with it, not worth it.

:)

Brian925, May 24, 2016

2. Feedback on Windows 10.

I agree. A shame Microsoft has put out such junk. After swapping back an fourth between 7 & 10, at least 5 times hoping they would fix something, I decided to keep 7. When it goes the way of XP I'm not sure what I'll do. Now I made the mistake of upgrading
    my WP8.1 to a Windows phone 10. Big mistake. Everything's so glitchy. It freezes, never had that problem. Gets hot A LOT while using. Before I started over again I would have to keep it plugged in all day just to maintain battery level. Not sure what apps
    i want to update because that's when the problems start. Edge browser, junk. Auto correct I did even know what's up with it. Corrects what I'm saying to jibberish. I used to like my windows phone but may be going back to an android. Even now as I use my phone's
    keyboard it's slow, unresponsive, and makes me want to smash the phone, pay Verizon the $100 for a new one and get back to 8.1.

Mikey doesn't like it., May 24, 2016
  3. Feedback on Windows 10.

Windows 10 just sucks. It's ugly layout, it's slow, full of pop ups. Even outside the internet. I do like the live tiles on the start menu. But everything is just way too blocky.

This is my 3rd time,maybe 4th, switching back to Windows 10. I may be going back to 7 again. Every time I do though I have to reinstall drivers. Otherwise no issues reverting. But this maybe the last chance for an operating system I really don't want to
    have to depend on for free. Yes, I'm tight and don't want to buy 10 later so I'll just deal with it.

so for now I say farewell to Microsoft's last best ever. Goodbye Windows 7.

Mikey doesn't like it., May 24, 2016
  4. It doesn't upgrade

There are many methods that you can use to upgrade

Here's a good place to start

Windows 10

You can initiate the upgrade off the web
    You can use the Media Creation tool to upgrade
    or use the Media Creation tool to download an ISO
    or use the Media Creation tool to create install media

Which methods have you tried? GWX seems to have a higher failure rate than those above.

Slartybart, May 24, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 24, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
  7. Brian925 Win User
    What I'd like to do is download to a DVD but it doesn't show options for that, unless I'm missing something. As frustrated as I am I probably am missing something. I'm going to at least download the ISO file so I don't have to keep going through the download process. I can't get updates on my clean Win 7 install and the updates on the Win 10 install just go round and round.

Brian925, May 25, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

It doesn't upgrade

Whenever possible I download the .iso file and use that to create the DVD, sometimes more than one. The .iso file is an exact image of the original disc and works great for installing. The disc is cheap at less than $0.29 each [I get the 100-piece package].

Berton, May 25, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In addition, I like keeping a Windows 10 installation USB handy for if/when needed.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

It doesn't upgrade

1. It doesn't upgrade - Similar Threads - doesn't upgrade

2. My monitor sound doesn't work after upgrading my GPU, why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor sound doesn't work after upgrading my GPU, why?: Hello Microsoft...This issue with my monitor sound have been happening for quite some time, even before upgrading my RTX 2060 to RTX 4080, the sound of it work some days and most of it not.I tried updating my drivers and everything says its up to date, even external...
  3. My monitor sound doesn't work after upgrading my GPU, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor sound doesn't work after upgrading my GPU, why?: Hello Microsoft...This issue with my monitor sound have been happening for quite some time, even before upgrading my RTX 2060 to RTX 4080, the sound of it work some days and most of it not.I tried updating my drivers and everything says its up to date, even external...
  4. Payment doesn't finish when upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Payment doesn't finish when upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: So I am trying to upgrade from "home" to "Pro" and everytime I go through payment and i get the confirmation walk through but then when I have confirmed payment in my bank app it changes into "Page not found".I can see Microsoft trying to charge money but it is always for 0I...
  5. Payment doesn't finish when upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Payment doesn't finish when upgrading from windows 10 home to pro: So I am trying to upgrade from "home" to "Pro" and everytime I go through payment and i get the confirmation walk through but then when I have confirmed payment in my bank app it changes into "Page not found".I can see Microsoft trying to charge money but it is always for 0I...
  6. Payment doesn't finish when upgrading from windows 10 home to pro

7. I want to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. The PC Healthcheck says that my PC doesn't meet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. The PC Healthcheck says that my PC doesn't meet...: I want to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. The PC Healthcheck says that my PC doesn't meet the basic requirements, but my investigation seems to show that it does. How can I take this forward?...
  8. I want to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. The PC Healthcheck says that my PC doesn't meet...

I want to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. The PC Healthcheck says that my PC doesn't meet...: I want to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. The PC Healthcheck says that my PC doesn't meet the basic requirements, but my investigation seems to show that it does. How can I take this forward?...
  9. Windows 11 pro upgrade key on o365 portal doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pro upgrade key on o365 portal doesn't work: My company bought a surface tablet with Windows 11 home on it. To get it joined to the domain, we purchased a license for upgrading to Win 11 Pro, and the license is in our O365 portal. I tried applying the license key from the portal, but it doesn't work....
  10. Windows 11 pro upgrade key on o365 portal doesn't work

Windows 11 pro upgrade key on o365 portal doesn't work: My company bought a surface tablet with Windows 11 home on it. To get it joined to the domain, we purchased a license for upgrading to Win 11 Pro, and the license is in our O365 portal. I tried applying the license key from the portal, but it doesn't work....