Windows 10: it has taken several minutes/attempts to get internet connection

Discus and support it has taken several minutes/attempts to get internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Despite "Network & Internet Settings > Dial up" shows the status "connected" , the yellow icon with exclamation point (! ) on task bar shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ron Wolpa, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Ron Wolpa Win User

it has taken several minutes/attempts to get internet connection

Despite "Network & Internet Settings > Dial up" shows the status "connected" , the yellow icon with exclamation point
    (! ) on task bar shows the opposite , there is neither access to internet and nor navigation.
    I have to disconnect and try again and again, sometimes If I simply leave it , within 4 o 5 minutes the yellow icon status changes to access to internet.
    It started to happen a few days ago and as I haven´t made any changes on system I ask you what is going and how to fix it?
    Thank you

:)

Ron Wolpa, Jan 2, 2017
  2. RonWolpa Win User

it has taken several minutes/attempts to get connection> despite logged on yellow icon on taskbar remains , why?

Despite "Network & Internet Settings > Dial up" shows the status "connected" , the yellow icon with exclamation point

(! ) on task bar shows the opposite , there is neither access to internet and nor any navigation.

I have to disconnect and try again and again, sometimes If I simply leave it , within 4 o 5 minutes the yellow icon status changes to access to internet.

It started to happen sometime ago and as I haven´t made any changes on system I ask you what is going and how to fix it?

Thank you

PS .: 1- a brand new adsl modem replaced the old one , it seems it improved a bit , I can get a connection in 10 or 20 seconds ,

but even so the lag still happens

2- if not clear please see picture bellow >>>>>>

it has taken several minutes/attempts to get internet connection [​IMG]

RonWolpa, Jan 2, 2017
  3. Rhen Pal Win User
    it has taken several minutes/attempts to get connection> despite logged on yellow icon on taskbar remains , why?

Hi,

To resolve the issue, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    link
    . We also suggest that you check for pending updates on your device.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Rhen Pal, Jan 2, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Your actually dialing up a connection via a modem?

Samuria, Jan 2, 2017
  5. Ron Wolpa Win User
    Yes , that´s right , it is a ADSL modem.

Ron Wolpa, Jan 3, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Using a modem is security suicide as you pc is live on the internet and can be reached by anyone. A router hides your pc and the router is live so no one can connect directly to the pc. I didnt think they still made those for the above reason being old tech its possible it has problems syncing a router is so cheap now and so much safer. Are you on adsl or adsl2+?

Samuria, Jan 3, 2017
  7. Ron Wolpa Win User
    I have a brand new router still in the box , I could install it.
    Good question : adsl or adsl2+ , how to know for certain what is my case ? I think in my case it is most likely to be ADSL.
    Today it took me 20 minutes to get a connection , any ideas on how to fix this ??

Ron Wolpa, Jan 3, 2017
  8. Samuria Win User

The router should solve the problem what speed do you pay for it it's over 15 met it's adsl2+ most modems were only ADSL with a router you leave on all the time keep disconnecting can make the disam think there is a fault and reduce speed

Samuria, Jan 3, 2017
  9. Ron Wolpa Win User
    There should be a reason for the yellow icon to take a while to switch the status to connected.

Ron Wolpa, Jan 4, 2017
  10. Samuria Win User
    Do you know make and model of modem?

Samuria, Jan 4, 2017
  11. Ron Wolpa Win User

Ron Wolpa, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. it has taken several minutes/attempts to get internet connection - Similar Threads - has taken several

2. Several Unknown Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several Unknown Login Attempts: I've been getting several Microsoft "single use code" emails off and on since Jan 21st., and checked my security info. I noticed failed several attempts to the tune of every couple minutes for several hours involving a "incorrect password" and they were all associated with...
  3. Several Unknown Login Attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Several Unknown Login Attempts: I've been getting several Microsoft "single use code" emails off and on since Jan 21st., and checked my security info. I noticed failed several attempts to the tune of every couple minutes for several hours involving a "incorrect password" and they were all associated with...
  4. Mobile Hotspot Always Stops Sharing Internet to Devices in Several Minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot Always Stops Sharing Internet to Devices in Several Minutes: Hello,My laptop is ThinkPad P17 Gen 1 and has a strange issue with the hotspot recently. When I turn on the Windows 10 hotspot and connect devices with it, everything goes well. But if the device doesn't send any data in several minutes, the hotspot will not share any...
  5. Mobile Hotspot Always Stops Sharing Internet to Devices in Several Minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot Always Stops Sharing Internet to Devices in Several Minutes: Hello,My laptop is ThinkPad P17 Gen 1 and has a strange issue with the hotspot recently. When I turn on the Windows 10 hotspot and connect devices with it, everything goes well. But if the device doesn't send any data in several minutes, the hotspot will not share any...
  6. Mobile Hotspot Always Stops Sharing Internet to Devices in Several Minutes

7. OneDrive has taken Over

OneDrive has taken Over: I recently upgraded my computer and moved all my document to a new Windows 11 machine. The documents were moved into the documents folder. For reasons unknown to me, Onedrive started synching them automatically. It then stated it was out of space and I needed to pay $6.99 a...
  8. several minutes for file to open

several minutes for file to open: Hello, I have an ssd, Samsung 980 pro. The thing I have observed is that sometimes the system works just fine, but at random times when I open any Folderdoesn't mater how many files are in it, it takes up to 5-7 minutes to open. I have surfed the web, but haven't come...
  9. This might take several minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This might take several minutes: I booted my hp laptop and it came up with a blank screen. Thought maybe there was an issue with my machine because I use an external docking station/monitor. It rebooted I got login screen. After login in, I am getting “hi” followed by “we’ve got some updates for your...
  10. Several Programs cannot connect to internet

Several Programs cannot connect to internet: Hi There seem to be a lot of these problems and they are posted all over. Firstly most of my programs that were carried over from my windows 10 upgrade seem to have some form of internet connectivity problems, my browsers work completely fine, with the exception of...