Windows 10: It is as though my screen is too small for Windows 10

Discus and support It is as though my screen is too small for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and a bug is driving me crazy: The screen is eating up into *some* of the screen. When I got to my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fambi, Jul 29, 2015.

1. fambi Win User

It is as though my screen is too small for Windows 10

I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and a bug is driving me crazy:

The screen is eating up into *some* of the screen.

When I got to my computer this morning, this is what I found:

It is as though my screen is too small for Windows 10 [​IMG]

At the bottom-left and top-right, see how the screen content is being eaten into by the edge of the screen?

And once I am logged-in, this is what I get:

See how, at the top-right, the time is being eaten by the edge of the screen?

Its not the entire right-hand side. It is just the top-right.

My observations are as follows

1. Resolution can't be the issue. I'm using a Dell XPS-12 and my resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 (Recommended). If resolution was the issue, the edge of the screen would eat into everything, including the browser. But it's not, it is only eating into the time at the top-right.

2. I tried reducing the number of items in the tray, but that didn't help.

3. Closing Outlook seems to bring the time back into view (as per this screenshot):

4. Whether Outlook is open or closed, going back to the login screen seems to be fine and nothing is being eaten into:

Someone... somewhere... whoever you are... wherever you are... please help me...

For someone who has gotten used to keeping track of the time through the tray, not seeing the time is unbearable.

Thanks

:)

fambi, Jul 29, 2015

2. my text is too small It just changed byitself..I don't trhink I hit anything

Hi,

What device do you use? What are you reading (emails, text, docs)

Linley.

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Jul 29, 2015
  3. my text is too small It just changed byitself..I don't trhink I hit anything

I can hardly read the text it is so small

jewishapplecake, Jul 29, 2015
  4. fambi Win User

Update: The issue is not specific to Outlook as there have been time where the entire time has showed properly even though Outlook was open.

fambi, Jul 29, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    To me somehow point to video card or monitor, since Windows 10 is new to me like many hard to say yet if it's a setting there.
    Updated video card drivers, try reinstalling again. Actually had to make sure go to manufacturer's site and get all Windows 10 updated drivers.

jds63, Jul 29, 2015
  6. fambi Win User
    Thanks for getting back to me.

Although I may sound like a techy, I really have no idea how to do any of what you've suggested.

Do you have any resources you can point me to to help me along?

Thanks

fambi, Jul 29, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    Your Welcome, look here http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...2-9q33/drivers

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. It is as though my screen is too small for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - though screen too

2. Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small: The display I'm using is already small, 800x480, and the on-screen keyboard that comes up on the lock screen / sign in screen is way too small. Another screen I have of the same size has the keyboard fill the width of the screen and I need this screen to do the same. I have...
  3. Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small: The display I'm using is already small, 800x480, and the on-screen keyboard that comes up on the lock screen / sign in screen is way too small. Another screen I have of the same size has the keyboard fill the width of the screen and I need this screen to do the same. I have...
  4. Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small: i got a new monitor and set it to the recommended resolution in settings 1680 x 1050 but this resolution is too small as the left side of my screen is partially cut off and the right side has a black bar, i couldnt find any help with this online...
  6. Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small

Windows Recommended Screen Resolution Is Too Small: i got a new monitor and set it to the recommended resolution in settings 1680 x 1050 but this resolution is too small as the left side of my screen is partially cut off and the right side has a black bar, i couldnt find any help with this online...
  7. windows too small

windows too small: [ATTACH] i downloaded a software from Microchip.com and all is running smoothly but I cannot seem to enlarge this pop up window, as you can see on the Build Directory Policy section the text cuts off at "output". i cannot scroll to the right. my point here is that there is...
  8. Screen Resolution Too Small

Screen Resolution Too Small: Hello, recently my computer started up and the resolution was too small. I have gone into the display settings and there is no option for what it normally should be. I have also made sure that all of my drivers are up to date. Any idea what to do?...
  9. my screen size is too small

my screen size is too small: Since the last update I cannot get my screen size back to how it was, now i'm stuck with only half my desktop showing?. Help me please it's driving me nuts, they seem to have taken auto-graphics and taken away manual control....
  10. Screen too small for my software app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen too small for my software app: View attachment 8888 I have a new HP Laptop running Windows 10. The main work I do on my laptop is compiling cricket statistics and I have a program called CStatz that does this for me. I have an issue however as I cannot get to a button at the very bottom of the program...