Windows 10: It Is Finals Week And Windows Update broke Internet

Discus and support It Is Finals Week And Windows Update broke Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have no idea where to even start; but i REALLY need my PC running right away. i have a lot of art projects and a couple essays i need to finish and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by billybag, Dec 7, 2017.

1. billybag Win User

It Is Finals Week And Windows Update broke Internet

i have no idea where to even start; but i REALLY need my PC running right away. i have a lot of art projects and a couple essays i need to finish and turn in!

As of now, i can't get internet. First it was a Gateway problem, but now it just says my ethernet cable is unplugged. it isnt and i have tried 2 other cables. I am in safe mode right now trying to uninstall the update (that supposedly failed by the way) but the windows update screen is stuck at loading.

i had a few startup programs fail and give weird errors. SystemExplorer being on and SyncThing if that matters

i have tried rolling back my network driver and that did nothing.

please help.

EDIT: Got to uninstall update window but nothing more recent than November 14th. So the updates must have partly installed maybe? just enough to completely screw me over? i have nothing to recover from either according to Backupa dn Recovery

OKAY Ethernet cable is now recognized, just no internet.

Update History says "Requires a restart to finish installing" however i have restarted several times.
    WiFi connects, but there is no internetBoth are connected to an "unidentified network"

To be more clear. I am connected to an unidentified public network, but with no internet

:)

billybag, Dec 7, 2017

2. Windows Update broke it and now Windows Restore is unreliable and wont fix it because mshtml.dll

Hello,

Thanks to Microsoft auto updates (yes I hate it), it uninstalled a driver that I cannot get to uninstall/reinstall after the update because it partially removed it for me. I thought - no problem, I have System Restore turned on, I will just restore before
    it broke it. Turns out System Restore no longer works reliably either. It fails because it cannot find the mshtml.dll.

Anyone know of any workaround? Or do I spend the weekend rebuilding and reinstalling everything thanks to MS Update?

Regards,

Gary

Gary Chance, Dec 7, 2017
  3. Windows Update broke it and now Windows Restore is unreliable and wont fix it because mshtml.dll

I attempted the system restore again and it remove all of my restore points. I am now having to restore from backup. Fortunately, I do a weekly backup and I should be able to recover most of my files and data. It remains extremely frustrating that Microsoft
    forces updates that break my system. It has affected both my business and my home systems.

Regards,

Gary

Gary Chance, Dec 7, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

- I had that on one update (not upgrade) - I had to uninstall the update, then reapply it; I did that via the Control Panel, Programs and Features, Installed updates.

dalchina, Dec 8, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    The case would be with the public network, not the computer. If your machine is not authorized on that Public Network to use it, you are not going to be able to do anything.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. It Is Finals Week And Windows Update broke Internet - Similar Threads - Finals Week Update

2. Windows 11 Update in the past week broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update in the past week broke my laptop: Ever since I downloaded the most recent update most of the programs on my laptop refuse to work. Any game launcher crashes whenever I try to open it. Even file explorer crashes if I try to do anything in it besides open it and look at it. I've tried a windows 11 reset to try...
  3. Windows 11 Update in the past week broke my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update in the past week broke my laptop: Ever since I downloaded the most recent update most of the programs on my laptop refuse to work. Any game launcher crashes whenever I try to open it. Even file explorer crashes if I try to do anything in it besides open it and look at it. I've tried a windows 11 reset to try...
  4. Microsoft's windows 10 Update finally broke my Laptop completely!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft's windows 10 Update finally broke my Laptop completely!!!!!: I do not have use of my HP Pavillion Laptop anymore since Microsoft's Windows 10 Updates!!!!! I got my printer privileges denied first this past summer. Now in November & December been fighting my Laptop to do all easy things I did before corruptive Updates!!!! I can't...
  5. Microsoft's windows 10 Update finally broke my Laptop completely!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft's windows 10 Update finally broke my Laptop completely!!!!!: I do not have use of my HP Pavillion Laptop anymore since Microsoft's Windows 10 Updates!!!!! I got my printer privileges denied first this past summer. Now in November & December been fighting my Laptop to do all easy things I did before corruptive Updates!!!! I can't...
  6. Microsoft's windows 10 Update finally broke my Laptop completely!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows has finally broke my pc. Thanks!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows has finally broke my pc. Thanks!: This ridiculous windows updates has finally broke my GPU. I thank you a lot for causing me this trouble. I wish to go back to windows 7 but windows 10 keeps poping on my screen to update to windows 10. My answer is to the microsoft is to go f yourselves. You finally broke my...
  8. windows 10 update broke my internet

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 update broke my internet: I installed 2019-06 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4502584) and it broke my internet. Sometimes i cant connect to my wifi and when i can i have no internet. I tested it with different wifi, different drivers and reset...
  9. Update 1803 "broke" my internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update 1803 "broke" my internet: And some other stuff.. I recently installed a fresh new Windows 10 on my PC and started with the update process. Right after installing the April 2018 windows update (AKA update 1803), some applications started acting very slow to non working. This includes the Google...
  10. Something finally broke !!! @StartMenu

in Windows 10 Support
    Something finally broke !!! @StartMenu: Ok. It no longer works. I press the Windows Key and nothing happens. I press the button allocated for that mater, and still nothing happens. Ideas of how to fix ? Restart didn't work. EDIT: I know I can just revert to the old taskbar in the old build that was more...