Windows 10: It is possible to change Taskbar buttons text font?

Discus and support It is possible to change Taskbar buttons text font? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Is it posible to change this taskbar buttons text font to tahoma without antialiasing? [img] Like this? (external program) [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by srg84, Feb 6, 2016.

1. srg84 Win User

It is possible to change Taskbar buttons text font?

Hi,

Is it posible to change this taskbar buttons text font to tahoma without antialiasing?

It is possible to change Taskbar buttons text font? [​IMG]

Like this? (external program)

Thanks

:)

srg84, Feb 6, 2016

2. Is it possible to change title bar text color to black if choosing blue as accent color in Windows 10??

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

No. It cannot be done, changing the text colour of the task bar, whilst changing the task bar colour to blue. As its by design and suggest you to use the Feedback app to provide your valuable suggestion.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we are to assist you.

Thank you.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 6, 2016
  3. abcwii Win User
    Is it possible to change title bar text color to black if choosing blue as accent color in Windows 10??

Hey,

starting with the 1511 update, Windows automatically changes the text color in title bars to White, if choosing blue as Accent Color in the settings. Is it possible to change it back to black whilst keeping blue title bars?? I really hate the white text
    color!

Thanks!

abcwii, Feb 6, 2016
  4. srg84 Win User

It seems that the file aero.msstyles in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero contains all the font settings for Aero themes, excluding registry ones.

srg84, Feb 9, 2016
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    The forum has a few threads containing registry edits to change the font system-wide to Tahoma. If you just want to change the taskbar font, that might not be possible.

pyramid10, Feb 9, 2016
  6. srg84 Win User
    There is a post to do it but it's for windows 7.

It modifies the file aero.msstyle file and works perfectly, but there is no solution for Windows 10, maybe someone knows what values to change with resource hacker to this file. Registry entries doesn't apply for taskbar.

Download file Windows Aero (Tahoma Font) Manual Installation.zip - show content of file

srg84, Feb 9, 2016
  7. Bongo Win User
    Bongo, Feb 10, 2016
  8. srg84 Win User

srg84, Feb 10, 2016
  9. Bongo Win User
    Do you mean for the taskbar buttons? If so yes. What color do you mean?

Jerry

Bongo, Feb 10, 2016
  10. srg84 Win User
    yes in taskbar buttons like this in Windows 7:

I mean the title bar color in window, before aplying your theme it was white *Huh, but there is no white color to choose in windows 10

srg84, Feb 10, 2016
  11. Bongo Win User
    I will go ahead and change the font size for the taskbar buttons and I will make the title bar color white and posted back here later. I don't know why when making a custom theme it changes the title bar to blue.

Jerry

Bongo, Feb 11, 2016
  12. Bongo Win User
    I just corrupted my Windows 10 install and I will have to reinstall and start over, and will work on this over the weekend and try to get that theme back to you early next week.

Sorry

Jerry

Bongo, Feb 11, 2016
  13. srg84 Win User

Thank you so much for your effort!!

srg84, Feb 11, 2016
  14. Bongo Win User
    Make sure you are not using the tahoma without antialiasing theme I made, if you are switch theme and logoff, login and then:
    From the zip folder at the bottom.
    Replace the tahoma without antialiasing.msstyles in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles\tahoma without antialiasing folder

Replace the tahoma without antialiasing.theme file in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes

Jerry

Bongo, Feb 15, 2016
  15. srg84 Win User
    It works like a charm! *Biggrin

srg84, Feb 16, 2016
Thema:

1. It is possible to change Taskbar buttons text font? - Similar Threads - possible change Taskbar

2. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  3. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  4. Is it possible to change color of those buttons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change color of those buttons?: My theme accent color is light blue, yet those buttons are light red/purple. If I select png file then button is green, for selected zips color is pink. Is it possible to change them to light blue or some bluish variation? https://imgur.com/a/VLPkMfp submitted by...
  5. How to change the taskbar font size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the taskbar font size?: How to change the taskbar font size(for the names of the windows that are open and appear on the Taskbar)? I have googled it, and yet nothing. I have Win10 1809 version. submitted by /u/Neborodat [link] [comments]...
  6. Change color fonts (text) Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change color fonts (text) Windows 10: I have yellow letters that are hard to read that I want to change to view easier. How do I? In my Reliability Monitor, ( Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Reliability Monitor), under the action column the words "View Technical Details" are...
  7. How to change text color on Taskbar buttons?

How to change text color on Taskbar buttons?: Is it possible to change the color of text on the Taskbar buttons? It is unreadable as black text on a very dark background. Thanks to various tutorials and threads in TenForums, and the Winaero Tweaker program, I now have all the other UI colors in Windows 10 looking how...
  8. Start Button...Is it possible to change?

Start Button...Is it possible to change?: I've changed my start orb on Win7 using "Windows 7 Start Button Changer v2.0", but, repeated google searches yield no results that end in success for changing the Win10 start button. Has anyone had any luck?...or, for that matter, even tried? Thanks for any input. Guess I...
  9. Need help changing the font in the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help changing the font in the Taskbar: After installing some fonts, I noticed that the time in the taskbar does not display the colon correctly, making it very hard to read. I sense I overwrote the default font that came factory installed. Is there a way to change it to something else without doing anything...
  10. Changing Desktop Font and Taskbar Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop Font and Taskbar Size: I just installed Build 9879 over Windows 7 on a spare machine and it went as expected except for the size of the Icon fonts and size of the taskbar. They both are much larger than they were on Win 7. I can't remember how to make them smaller. I make the icons themselves...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Taskbar font error