Windows 10: it keeps shutting down and restarting now and again

Discus and support it keeps shutting down and restarting now and again in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; it keeps shutting down and restarting now and again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by adamjarred, Jul 14, 2018.

1. it keeps shutting down and restarting now and again

it keeps shutting down and restarting now and again

:)

adamjarred, Jul 14, 2018
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused it  keeps  shutting down and restarting now and again :confused:*Mad it  keeps  shutting down and restarting now and again :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jul 14, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Keep getting blue screen on restart & shut down

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is likely to be caused by a driver and is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses. Stop error codes may be fixed by updating Windows. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are
    updates waiting to be installed on your device. If there are, kindly install these updates and restart your computer. After restarting your computer, see if it still shows the stop error code when restarting or shutting down your computer. Here's how to check
    for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type Windows Update, and select it from the search results.
    • On the Windows Update page, click Check for updates.

If the issue is not resolved, do not hesitate to post back to us.

David Haz, Jul 14, 2018
  4. it keeps shutting down and restarting now and again

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

it keeps shutting down and restarting now and again

1. it keeps shutting down and restarting now and again - Similar Threads - keeps shutting down

2. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!: Dear PC Experts,This is really odd. Today when I turned on the M710e PC, the computer kept on restarting and shutting down. You can see in the below recording,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JUj5Tz7-dZAjvkQ7YVHu-Coo34K82gVB/view?usp=sharingIn the recording you can see the...
  3. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!: Dear PC Experts,This is really odd. Today when I turned on the M710e PC, the computer kept on restarting and shutting down. You can see in the below recording,https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JUj5Tz7-dZAjvkQ7YVHu-Coo34K82gVB/view?usp=sharingIn the recording you can see the...
  4. PC keeps on restarting and shutting down!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 keeps shutting down and restarting, randomly

Windows 11 keeps shutting down and restarting, randomly: Hi,while working with my desktop PC, not doing anything unusual, the PC suddenly shuts down and goes through the entire boot up process.I have done or checked the following already, without any effect:- disabled "Automatically restart" in System Failure settings- I have run...
  6. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  7. Shut down or restart

Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  8. Restart + Shutting down

Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  9. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  10. Keeps Shutting Down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it: REGEDIT Windows Defenders Scans Antivirus Scans (McAfee) and Microsoft Safety Scanner None of them have founds anything in the system. How can I fix this problem?...