Windows 10: It might help you !! Problem cursor activity on Surface Pro 3 ..

Discus and support It might help you !! Problem cursor activity on Surface Pro 3 .. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After many months of frustration with the above problem, I've been able to remedy my problem .. After viewing the Device Manager in my Surface Pro 3,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by biggles1, Jun 27, 2018.

1. biggles1 Win User

It might help you !! Problem cursor activity on Surface Pro 3 ..

After many months of frustration with the above problem, I've been able to remedy my problem ..

After viewing the Device Manager in my Surface Pro 3, I found "double" (identical) entries under "Mice and other Pointing Devices"
    What caused it I do not know and I was unable to delete either as it was simply restored after a reboot.

My remedy was merely to "disable" one of the HID Compliant Mouse drivers .. Simple .. but works for me !

Good luck if it helps you ..

:)

biggles1, Jun 27, 2018
  2. AliOrr Win User

Surface Pro 3/Windows 10 cursor problem

I have a strange problem that just recently started to occur on my Surface Pro 3 (Windows 10). I think it started after an update put out in November.

If I'm navigating between open windows (using Alt+tab), if the cursor is not already positioned where the window is that I want to navigate to, it doesn't navigate to that window.

Also, if I click on a shortcut icon on the taskbar, as soon as I move the cursor to select something on the list for that shortcut, the list disappears.

I hope this makes sense! Very hard to explain in words. Any help is appreciated

AliOrr, Jun 27, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro 3 - Feb. 20, 2018

Source: Updates for Surface Pro 3 (20 February 2018) Surface

See also: Surface Pro 3 update history

Brink, Jun 27, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro 3 Firmware Updates - August 24, 2017

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 update history | Surface firmware updates

See also: Updates for Surface Pro 3 (24 Aug 2017) Surface

Surface Pro 3 firmware and driver package download link: Download Surface Pro 3 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

1. It might help you !! Problem cursor activity on Surface Pro 3 .. - Similar Threads - might help Problem

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  4. Need help with Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Recovery: Hello, I am having difficulty getting my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 to boot up. The error message is in a picture below. Unfortunately, I am unable to press the windows key for firmware settings as the keyboard is not being recognized by the surface. The online tutorials I...
  5. Surface Pro 3 booting problem

Surface Pro 3 booting problem: Following the computer's attempt to install the latest Windows update the screen went black except for: "Undoing changes made to your computer..." and rotating dots. Power off and back on makes no difference. I have created a recovery drive and tried to recover and now...
  6. Surface Pro 3 Cursor Disappears

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 3 Cursor Disappears: This problem seems to be endemic. I keep thinking that each update will fix it, but it seems to be getting worse. My surface pro 3 now has a surface pro 4 type cover and I thought that would solve the problem but it hasn't. I don't use a mouse and use the touch pad...
  7. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  8. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 3: Is there a app to turn my Surface Pro into a phone? Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 3 / Install, update, and repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/surface-pro-3/3595d5eb-eefd-4427-81a5-68fc539fdff9
  9. surface pro 3

surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  10. Surface Pro 3 Online Keyboard Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 3 Online Keyboard Problems: Updated to Windows 10 with surprisingly few issues on my SP3. However, this is driving me crazy. I typically use my SP3 with the keyboard attached but folded under as I hold it on my lap. This means that whenever I need to type I simply tap the screen and the online keyboard...