Windows 10: Item still in start menu after uninstall

Discus and support Item still in start menu after uninstall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Well I uninstalled a few programs and most of them have no traces left... one however is still listed under the letter sorted part of the start menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sketch, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Sketch Win User

Item still in start menu after uninstall

Well I uninstalled a few programs and most of them have no traces left... one however is still listed under the letter sorted part of the start menu.
    No clue how to remove it as it's not installed and none of the files from it are left...

Edit: You know those blonde moments?
    those ones where you effectively walked into a glass door covered in wet paint by pure force of stupidity?
    Yeah that was me... forgot the start menu folder was a thing because of how all over the place the design for 10 is

Problem solved by going to the folder and tappin delete.

Why is there no right click delete start menu icon option in 10 btw?

:)

Sketch, Sep 10, 2015

2. Windows 10 Start Menu Broken Links

Some items in my start menu are still there after the program has been uninstalled. How do I get rid of them?

Thanks

GeorgieBhoy, Sep 10, 2015
  3. sweetnsas Win User
    Error when removing items from Start Menu

I uninstalled an application that was on the start menu. I subsequently tried to remove that item from the start menu and I get the error "Unable to move that item".

Is there a way to remove this from the start menu without reinstalling, removing the item then uninstalling again?

Thanks!

sweetnsas, Sep 10, 2015
Thema:

Item still in start menu after uninstall

1. Item still in start menu after uninstall - Similar Threads - Item still start

2. Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled applications are still showing up in the Start Menu: How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalled-applications-are-still-showing-up-in/4e3bbb08-723c-4420-94b1-1446fa43a10c
  3. Uninstalled app still shows in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled app still shows in start menu: I bought a new laptop and uninstalled the bloatware that came with it. After I updated, all of the icons came back on the start menu. But they don't show as installed in the all programs menu and when I try uninstalling from the start menu, absolutely nothing happens. They're...
  4. Uninstalled app still shows in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled app still shows in start menu: I bought a new laptop and uninstalled the bloatware that came with it. After I updated, all of the icons came back on the start menu. But they don't show as installed in the all programs menu and when I try uninstalling from the start menu, absolutely nothing happens. They're...
  5. How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu: I'm having a lot of trouble finding the answer to the above question.I've recently uninstalled a few programs from Windows 11, however, the names of the programs remain in the start menu but with no icon. When right clicking, it gives the option to uninstall, but obviously...
  6. How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu

How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu: I'm having a lot of trouble finding the answer to the above question.I've recently uninstalled a few programs from Windows 11, however, the names of the programs remain in the start menu but with no icon. When right clicking, it gives the option to uninstall, but obviously...
  7. Even after uninstalling application, they still show up in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Even after uninstalling application, they still show up in start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jishnu_Bala [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mjd7jq/even_after_uninstalling_application_they_still/
  8. Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu: I uninstalled unused apps from my windows 10 desktop. When I click on the windows key to bring to bring up the start menu, one app [Ebay] icon shows it is still there. Left clicking and hitting uninstall brings me to the App list. Since I uninstalled it from the App...
  9. Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu: I am having some problem with app installed from microsoft store. Even after i uninstalled them they still appear on on start list. Why?? I have also checked C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs here but found nothing. Please help, someone. Bloons TD...
  10. Start menu items...

Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove uninstalled programs from start menu

2. folder still in start menu after uninstalled\

3. winord still in start menu after uninstall

4. star menu filled with itens after uninstall,
  5. items still on startup menu after uninstall