Windows 10: Items from "Settings" app not included in Search

Discus and support Items from "Settings" app not included in Search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I have a problem with the Search feature. The "Settings" app items like Check for Updates are not included in Search or search box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fckshield, Jul 29, 2015.

1. fckshield Win User

Items from "Settings" app not included in Search

Hello,

Recently I have a problem with the Search feature. The "Settings" app items like Check for Updates are not included in Search or search box in Settings app anymore, only items from Control Panel are shown. Seems like this problem happened after last update Windows automatically installed (KB3074683). Is there any known fix for this problem? Restarting Windows Search service and resetting the search index won't help. My system is upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro.

Here are some screenshot showing the problem:

Items from "Settings" app not included in Search [​IMG]

The "update" keyword should return some Windows Update from Settings app items alongside with Control Panel items above, but now they just return the Control Panel items.

Items from "Settings" app not included in Search [​IMG]

Same thing happened when I search from Start Menu.

:)

fckshield, Jul 29, 2015

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Jul 29, 2015
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Items from "Settings" app not included in Search

1. Items from "Settings" app not included in Search - Similar Threads - Items Settings app

2. Barely any apps opening, including settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Barely any apps opening, including settings: I've been having an issue with my computer. I first noticed it when I went to change the volume, and soon realized almost none of the taskbar is working. The settings app won't open, except for when I right click the sound button and go to sound settings, in which case if I...
  3. does the windows backup include apps and settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    does the windows backup include apps and settings?: when I restore from backup, will all my apps and windows setting be there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-backup-include-apps-and-settings/38a9065a-9252-4660-8e29-504fba0de9f9
  4. Deleting Recent items from Windows Search

in Cortana
    Deleting Recent items from Windows Search: Whenever I type any software's name in the "Type here to search" section of the taskbar, a list of recent files I opened with the software appears in a side pane. I really hate such cluttering but the bigger problem is that I have deleted many such files but they still keep...
  5. Windows Apps, including Settings, will not open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Apps, including Settings, will not open.: I'm not sure what happened, but I have not been able to open the settings app. I tried a few suggestions from similar posts on here, however nothing seems to work. Running sfc /scannow, as suggested, yielded a message saying that files were corrupt but could not be repaired....
  6. Search items not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search items not showing: Normally when you click the Windows key & type search words like "RUN" the corresponding programs show up. This is not happening now. All I am getting is a blank screen Screenshot attached. Windows 10 Home single language 64 bit 1909 18363.628 Vijay. [IMG]...
  7. Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?: Whenever I performed a "Search programs and files" in Windows 7, the results included items from my Outlook 2010 data (e.g. contacts, messages, tasks). However, those items don't turn up in the Windows 10 search results, even though my Outlook PST files are listed in the...
  8. Search results not including settings, eg Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search results not including settings, eg Windows update: When I press the Windows key and type "update", "Windows update" isn't returned in the results list. It was working a few days ago. I might have tweaked indexing options (but the indexer is still active) but there is no button to return this to default (it may not be...
  9. Remove certain items from Start search

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remove certain items from Start search: When I search for apps sometimes "Best match" is far from being the best and is almost always something I would use very rarely or never. Is it possible to manually reorder items or just remove them all together? I'm used to hit Start, type the beginning of app's name and hit...
  10. Search not including items in external USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not including items in external USB drive: My Documents folder is on an external USB drive. My C: drive is on an SSD. The Documents folder in the C: drive has been redirected to that folder on the USB drive. When I search (the field to the right of the Start button) for anything that I know is in that docs. folder on...