Windows 10: Items pinned to Explorer on Taskbar no longer open with left click

Discus and support Items pinned to Explorer on Taskbar no longer open with left click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just did a clean install of W10 Pro X64 on my recently inherited PC and have discovered that folders I have pinned to Explorer on the Taskbar can no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hairy Scot, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Items pinned to Explorer on Taskbar no longer open with left click

Just did a clean install of W10 Pro X64 on my recently inherited PC and have discovered that folders I have pinned to Explorer on the Taskbar can no longer be opened with left click. Have to use right click and the Open.
    This did work normally when I cloned the system from my old box to the new one, so I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with hardware.

Update:
    Tried in Safe Mode - no difference.

:)

Hairy Scot, Jan 27, 2018
  2. Lauriso Win User

Can't click folders from File Explorer's pinned list

When I right click File Explorer in the taskbar, I clicking pinned folders in the list doesn't open them. I can, however, open a pinned drive, and left clicking the File Explorer icon on the taskbar also works.

Lauriso, Jan 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Pinned items in File Explorer in the taskbar do not open

It's not right click on the pinned items that is the problem.

In the taskbar at the bottom of the screen I have File Explorer pinned to the taskbar. When I right click on File explorer then it shows pinned items such as Documents. When I LEFT click on Documents it should open File Explorer to Documents, however, it
    does nothing at all.

Update: I ran msconfig and selected Diagnostic startup, restarted the PC and it will not show user accounts so that I can login. So, I am now resetting the pc. *SMH*

Once the repair is done I will be able to try any answers given. It will likely take a few hours.

Things I have tried is use ShellEx and disable all that are not Microsoft Windows items and restart explorer. I even restarted the PC to no avail. I also disabled all startup items and rebooted. Still nothing changed.

mikeyhalla, Jan 27, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Items pinned to Explorer on Taskbar no longer open with left click

Hello Jim, *Smile

As a test, if you unpin and re-pin one of these affected items on the taskbar, does it open with a left click afterwards?

Brink, Jan 30, 2018
  5. Nope.

However, I have installed a second Windows 10 and everything is fine on the base system.
    So I am now busy adding apps one at a time, with a restore point prior to each update, until I find what causes the problem. *really

Hairy Scot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Items pinned to Explorer on Taskbar no longer open with left click

1. Items pinned to Explorer on Taskbar no longer open with left click - Similar Threads - Items pinned Explorer

2. Right clicking pinned Notepad on taskbar shows duplicate items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right clicking pinned Notepad on taskbar shows duplicate items: Have been looking for a way to fix this and coming up empty. I keep Notepad Not notepad++ pinned to my taskbar. When I Right click I get the context menu and I have pinned items that I used often. However, most of the items are duplicated. If I unpin an item both listings go...
  3. Right clicking pinned Notepad on taskbar shows duplicate items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right clicking pinned Notepad on taskbar shows duplicate items: Have been looking for a way to fix this and coming up empty. I keep Notepad Not notepad++ pinned to my taskbar. When I Right click I get the context menu and I have pinned items that I used often. However, most of the items are duplicated. If I unpin an item both listings go...
  4. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  5. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  6. Can't left click items in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't left click items in Taskbar: Hello everyone, first time posting here. First thanks in advance for any help. So I am having an issue with my laptop (MSi GT73EVR 7RE) and I can't find a solution. I simply can't click on the items in my taskbar, like the Windows menu, search, or the notification area....
  7. Items on desktop will not open on left click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items on desktop will not open on left click: Items on desktop will not open on left click, must right click and select OPEN. Same probl;em on multiple PCs, began all at once on all PCs. Same problems on Windows Live Mail --- clicking on an email will not open it. Also on other apps, for example, trying to open a file...
  8. Taskbar pinned items

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar pinned items: I use a couple taskbar pinned websites. Namely Facebook and Amazon. These are pinned from IE11 since Edge doesn't support. Useful and if I right click all sorts of handy shortcut. However, initially the pinned icon (or favicon) was the nice 64x64 type but over time the icons...
  9. Taskbar Volume will not open with left click

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Volume will not open with left click: My volume control, calendar and network status on my windows 10 task-bar stopped working last week. I can still right click an choose open but I get all options. My quick launch still works with the left click. What happened to cause this and how do I fix it? 47513
  10. Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any: The Problem. Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Documents , Desktop or Anything on the drop down list Not Opening with any Double Click or Right Click > Open Click . . .On 1 of my PC's (main One) , Works OK on the Others. I believe they are all setup the same....