Windows 10: Items shown by Start button

Discus and support Items shown by Start button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click the Start icon (bottom left) I get a vertical list containing the on/off, settings,and file manager. I am told that I could add Documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tony Vella, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Items shown by Start button

When I click the Start icon (bottom left) I get a vertical list containing the on/off, settings,and file manager. I am told that I could add Documents and Pictures to this list but I just don't know the right words to use to search for a way to make this happen. Can anyone give me a hint, please? Thanks in advance.

:)

Tony Vella, Jun 28, 2018

2. Right clicking on Start Button and clicking the following items fail to activate Eg. Progarms and Features.

Hi Zedqed,

I regret the inconvenience you’re facing regarding Windows 10.

Before I assist you, I would like to know the information below.

• Have you activated Windows after installing Windows 10?
    • When you say ''Right clicking Start Button and clicking the following items fail to activate the items'' are you not able to open the programs and what exactly do you refer to activate?
    • Have you installed all the Windows 10 pending updates?
    • Which Windows 10 build is installed on the PC?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates.

Check for the pending updates and install the same.

I suggest you to update your system to the latest Windows 10 build and also check if for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows will check for the pending updates and automatically install them.

Method 2: Also try the steps provide in below link for Start menu issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Hope this helps, revert back to us with Start menu issue, we would assist you for sure.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jun 28, 2018
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Items shown by Start button

Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep - Laptop

• Open the Keyboard control panel item by typing keyboard into Start Menu.
    • Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties.
    • Click the Change Settings button

Note: This step requires Administrator access
    • Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled.
    • Click OK, and then click OK again.

FreeBooter, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

Items shown by Start button

1. Items shown by Start button - Similar Threads - Items shown Start

2. Windows 10 start button items changed??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start button items changed??: Today when I turn on my computer, my Start Button menu looks like this:Used to be when I clicked the Start Menu, the apps all showed in a vertical listing and I didn't have to click the 3-line menu as depicted above.What happened and how do I fix this to go back to what it...
  3. Windows 10 start button items changed??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start button items changed??: Today when I turn on my computer, my Start Button menu looks like this:Used to be when I clicked the Start Menu, the apps all showed in a vertical listing and I didn't have to click the 3-line menu as depicted above.What happened and how do I fix this to go back to what it...
  4. Windows 10 start button items changed??

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. This PC is shown as another item

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This PC is shown as another item: If I type osu into my start menu to search it up, this shows up:How do I make it normal again?***** moved from german to english Community ***** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-is-shown-as-another-item/48068b9b-37db-4756-b62b-567b2d844173
  6. This PC is shown as another item

This PC is shown as another item: If I type osu into my start menu to search it up, this shows up:How do I make it normal again?***** moved from german to english Community ***** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-is-shown-as-another-item/48068b9b-37db-4756-b62b-567b2d844173
  7. This PC is shown as another item

in Cortana
  8. Limit Start Menu Items Shown in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Limit Start Menu Items Shown in Windows 10 Pro: I have 3 new laptops I am using for a business. They are all running Windows 10 Pro. I recall in earlier versions of Windows I could use gpedit to limit the number of items shown on the Start Menu, e.g. only show Internet Explorer and WSFTP. It would look like a very small...
  9. Start-up item not starting.

Start-up item not starting.: In Program Files folder I have a file called "ClocX.exe". If I double-click on it the clock appears on my Desktop. But in Task Manager > Start-up I cannot get ClocX.exe to apear automatically on start-up whatever I do: drag ClocX.exe (or its Shortcut) on to the Start-up...
  10. Start button items missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button items missing: File Explorer and Settings icons are sometimes missing when I click the start button. But in the start button, when I click "All Apps" and then return to the start button, File Explorer and Settings sometimes return. Sfc /scannow shows no errors. This problem occurs only on...