Windows 10: iTunes 11 woes on Windows 10, backup restore will not finish.

Discus and support iTunes 11 woes on Windows 10, backup restore will not finish. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I use iTunes 11.2.2.3 on my Windows 7 PC to maintain a couple of my iPhones. I installed it into Windows 10 and basically, it works. I had been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by XweAponX, Aug 15, 2015.

1. XweAponX Win User

iTunes 11 woes on Windows 10, backup restore will not finish.

I use iTunes 11.2.2.3 on my Windows 7 PC to maintain a couple of my iPhones. I installed it into Windows 10 and basically, it works. I had been syncing, and I was able to do a restoration this morning, I had no problems with that. But when I try to restore my backup, that's where things went blooey.

iTunes will restore my data, but after that it is supposed to reboot the device and then start copying all of my apps back in. That's where it fails, after it reboots it just sits there and the restore fails to start the final sync. This happened twice in a row. Finally I had to do another restore and I copied my backup set into Windows 7 and I ran the restore in there, the final sync started and my apps are going back in. I was glad to find out I can pull a backup set from another machine and have it work. But it's easy to export/import whole libraries from one machine to another, this issue seems to be basic functionality, it's not doing what it is supposed to be doing.

Maybe iTunes 11 is simply broken for Windows 10? If I have to I'll update it to 12 which I hate, but I want to avoid that if I if I can.

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with iTunes, any kind of trouble. I was lucky to still have my iTunes 11 installer saved, I want to keep using that because it works best for my devices. But is anyone else having any other kind of trouble?

:)

XweAponX, Aug 15, 2015
  2. gb330033 Win User

Backing up my Application Data as to not loose my saved WP7 game data so I can switch devices?

You know, in all my woes of having to do a backup/restore of my phone, I didn't even think about this. Sure enough, all of my progress in my games is gone. VERY frustrating now that I have realized it. Hopefully this comes along with a better backup/restore
    functionality in the "early 2011" update

gb330033, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Backing up Iphone

Is the latest version of iOS 11 installed on the iPhone? I think they recently released 11.1.2, make sure that is installed before backing up.

Also, make sure the latest version of iTunes is installed.

Also, delete any older iPhone backups:

Launch iTunes: go to iTunes > Preferences > Devices. Select the backup file and click the Delete Backup button.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

iTunes 11 woes on Windows 10, backup restore will not finish.

1. iTunes 11 woes on Windows 10, backup restore will not finish. - Similar Threads - iTunes woes backup

2. Backup and Restore in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore in Windows 11: Hello all,I just migrated from Win 10 to Win 11. I had a backup running under Win 10 to a local NAS hard drive but I can't find anything under Win 11 that will allow me to utilize that drive. The only thing I see under Win 11 wants to send me to OneDrive.Any ideas?...
  3. Backup and Restore in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup and Restore in Windows 11: Hello all,I just migrated from Win 10 to Win 11. I had a backup running under Win 10 to a local NAS hard drive but I can't find anything under Win 11 that will allow me to utilize that drive. The only thing I see under Win 11 wants to send me to OneDrive.Any ideas?...
  4. Backup on Windows 10, restore on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup on Windows 10, restore on Windows 11: So let's say I have a Windows 10 computer and my login name is "Ed". I want to backup up my data and restore on a new Windows 11 computer. My account on the new computer is "EdwardB999" [taken from my Hotmail/Microsoft account.If I restore the backup, it dumps everything into...
  5. Backup on Windows 10, restore on Windows 11

Backup on Windows 10, restore on Windows 11: So let's say I have a Windows 10 computer and my login name is "Ed". I want to backup up my data and restore on a new Windows 11 computer. My account on the new computer is "EdwardB999" [taken from my Hotmail/Microsoft account.If I restore the backup, it dumps everything into...
  6. Backup won't finish

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup won't finish: My Windows 10 desktop won't complete a backup onto an external hard drive since there was a Windows update a couple of weeks ago. There are no error codes, it just freezes at 97% and won't move further. I can backup files separately with no problems, but not the system. Is...
  7. Restoring windows 10 backup on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring windows 10 backup on windows 11: Recently I had to bring in my windows 10 laptop for repair. I decided to back it up on an external hard drive using the backup method in settings, in case they had to do a factory reset.When I got the laptop back I checked everything and it was all okay except for the fact...
  8. Restoring windows 10 backup on windows 11

Restoring windows 10 backup on windows 11: Recently I had to bring in my windows 10 laptop for repair. I decided to back it up on an external hard drive using the backup method in settings, in case they had to do a factory reset.When I got the laptop back I checked everything and it was all okay except for the fact...
  9. How to restore a backup from iTunes not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to restore a backup from iTunes not working: Hello, I recently got a new Iphone 11, before going to the apple store I backed up my Iphone 7plus to iTunes it's important to note that this version of iTunes was downloaded from the Microsoft store, not apple. I made sure that my computer, iTunes, and my 7plus were all up...
  10. Restore iPhone backup via iTunes on Windows 10 always aborts?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore iPhone backup via iTunes on Windows 10 always aborts?: Hello, i just reset my iPhone and wanted to restore it from the previously created backup Unfortunately, the backup always aborts when restoring the backup. The error message appears: "itunes could not restore the iphone because an error occurred while reading from or...