Windows 10: iTunes doesn't run if the PC has been left on for a few days.

Discus and support iTunes doesn't run if the PC has been left on for a few days. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've notice iTunes does not run if my PC has been left on for a few days. If you click it then it runs as a process but has no window, no message, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vexorg, Oct 19, 2015.

1. vexorg Win User

iTunes doesn't run if the PC has been left on for a few days.

I've notice iTunes does not run if my PC has been left on for a few days. If you click it then it runs as a process but has no window, no message, no anything.

If I reboot the PC then it runs right away.

Never had any iTunes problem with win7. Running win10 pro 64-bit, iTunes is 12.3.0.44

:)

vexorg, Oct 19, 2015

2. My laptop has been "working on it" for a few days now... no progression in sight.

I had my laptop (Alienware 17) pre registered for the windows 10 update. I began the update once it had been released and it has been on the "working on it" window for at least 3 days now. I know it's connected to a network with very good Internet service.
    What do I do from here?

HxCpaintballa, Oct 19, 2015
  3. My laptop has been "working on it" for a few days now... no progression in sight.

After waiting a few days and restarting my laptop a number of times, it finally decided to work. Maybe because I had unplugged my headset? Who knows. It finally worked and I'm loving Windows 10!

HxCpaintballa, Oct 19, 2015
  4. AndyFH Win User

Do the usual checks for virus' and malware (Malware Bytes), run sfc /scannow from an admin cmd prompt, un install and reinstall iTunes from a fresh download.

AndyFH, Oct 25, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    Malware is not the issue with the OP problem. It is a fault in the current iTunes, that it will run as a background process with the current version of Windows 10.

Not every problem that a person has on their computer is malware related.

bro67, Oct 25, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    Apple is aware of this issue, which has been going on since January. A lot of it has to do with that iTunes may continue to run in the background, if it hangs when you try to exit the program.

Unless there is a need to have the system up 24/7. Just set to go to sleep after say 2 hours of non-use. As for iTunes, you can kill it from Task Manager. Also check in Settings that iTunes is not set to continue to run in the background.

bro67, Oct 25, 2015
  7. AndyFH Win User
    Just trying to help as no one had answered for 5 days.

AndyFH, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. iTunes doesn't run if the PC has been left on for a few days. - Similar Threads - iTunes doesn't run

2. For the past few days, my system has been running into "OUT OF RAM" errors frequently, even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For the past few days, my system has been running into "OUT OF RAM" errors frequently, even...: Recently my laptop Asus ROG Strix G15 has been running into "OUT OF RAM" errors frequently. My usage of apps has not changed at all. This error appears after the system has been running for a while after light or heavy usage. The error seems to be resolved temporarily by...
  3. For the past few days, my system has been running into "OUT OF RAM" errors frequently, even...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For the past few days, my system has been running into "OUT OF RAM" errors frequently, even...: Recently my laptop Asus ROG Strix G15 has been running into "OUT OF RAM" errors frequently. My usage of apps has not changed at all. This error appears after the system has been running for a while after light or heavy usage. The error seems to be resolved temporarily by...
  4. someting called gameinputsvc.exe has been crashing every few days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    someting called gameinputsvc.exe has been crashing every few days.: Hello someting called gameinputsvc.exe has been crashing every few days. how do I fix this?SummaryStopped workingDate‎10/‎27/‎2022 1:22 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft GameInput\x64\gameinputsvc.exeProblem...
  5. someting called gameinputsvc.exe has been crashing every few days.

someting called gameinputsvc.exe has been crashing every few days.: Hello someting called gameinputsvc.exe has been crashing every few days. how do I fix this?SummaryStopped workingDate‎10/‎27/‎2022 1:22 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft GameInput\x64\gameinputsvc.exeProblem...
  6. My PC has been resetting for 2 day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been resetting for 2 day.: My PC has been resetting for 2 days. I chose the remove every file option. The screen has been just black and it keeps on restarting the pc.turning pc on is this normal? If not, could you all give me some tips or tricks?...
  7. My PC has been resetting for 2 day.

My PC has been resetting for 2 day.: My PC has been resetting for 2 days. I chose the remove every file option. The screen has been just black and it keeps on restarting the pc.turning pc on is this normal? If not, could you all give me some tips or tricks?...
  8. My PC has been resetting for 2 day.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Been crashing for the last few days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Been crashing for the last few days: Hi there, I've been crashing a bunch for the last few days, starting on the 13th. I believe it started with an update I did right before I updated to the feature update version 2004, or maybe with the update to 2004 itself. I actually crashed 4 times in one day, then 2 the...
  10. Sourceforge -- Problems --been unavailable for a few days

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Sourceforge -- Problems --been unavailable for a few days: Hi there Is sourceforge changing possibly into a "Pay" site or something --it's been unavailable for a few days. Used to be fine for all sorts of Open source software. It's sometimes difficult to find alternate mirrors for some decent open source stuff. Cheers jimbo...