Windows 10: iTunes/Music backup

Discus and support iTunes/Music backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Before I do a clean install of Windows 10, I would like to know how to back up any music which isn't covered by my iTunes Match subscription. I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by janey6, Sep 28, 2015.

1. janey6 Win User

iTunes/Music backup

Before I do a clean install of Windows 10, I would like to know how to back up any music which isn't covered by my iTunes Match subscription. I know that I shall be able to bring in most of my music and I have backed up the ring tones which I have created to a thumb drive. I am really concerned about the CDs I have added to iTunes but have since given away.

:)

janey6, Sep 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 and itunes

My IPhone will no longer be available to synch in iTunes. I can't update my music or backup my phone.

guynamedcolton, Sep 28, 2015
  3. The SandS Win User
    N900 using PCSuite Questions...

I decided to go with PC Suite for Sync. I think it's a great program (I have never owned a Nokia.) PC Suite does say it is not fully compatible yet with N900. For sync though I have had no trouble. I noticed the backup feature didn't work - it thinks
    my phone is not connected. But the N900 does have a"Backup feature" on it. So I am guessing I can just backup the N900 using the N900 and then plug it into the computer and read it as a mass storage device - and copy the backup information onto the computer.
    That should work for backup/restore until they give an update to the program. Is that what others are doing here?

As for music... I don't know what t do. There is Media Sync for Blackberry which will transfer iTunes (not purchased iTunes unless you unlocked yours (which I did) it will transfer your iTunes play lists onto your Blackberry.

Is there something that will get music in the iTunes format onto the N900 - or will I have to convert my music files?

Thanks,

Sandy

The SandS, Sep 28, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

iTunes/Music backup

Copy the iTunes folder (it's inside of the Music folder) to your thumbdrive. After you have clean installed, copy iTunes folder of your thumbdrive into the music folder of your clean install. Download iTunes from apple and install it and you will be all set. The iTunes folder contains all the music, books, apps, etc. found when you open iTunes.

JohnC, Sep 29, 2015
  5. janey6 Win User
    That went well up to a point. I got my music back into iTunes. I had also copied my audiobooks to the thumb drive and back but when I go into iTunes and try to add the folder containing the audiobooks, it fails to do so.

Any solution, please?

janey6, Sep 30, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    If the audio books were already in iTunes they should still be there. You can add files ( books) by clicking on "my books" tab and then clicking on the top left button to open a menu. About half way down is "add file to library". that should import a book at a time. Apple does have a decent support page.iTunes - Apple Support. Good luck.

JohnC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

iTunes/Music backup

1. iTunes/Music backup - Similar Threads - iTunes Music backup

2. iTunes/Apple Music in Windows 11 is a disaster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes/Apple Music in Windows 11 is a disaster: Hi. Since moving to Windows 11 I've had nothing but issues with iTunes. Everything is glitchy and sluggish. The biggest issue I continue to have is I can't build playlists. They just stall out after selecting a track and generally freeze up the system. I can't even open the...
  3. Personal music in iTunes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal music in iTunes: I have iTunes on my Windows 10 desktop. I have imported some CDs into iTunes on it. How do I get that music to show up in iTunes on my new laptop Windows 11? The laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so I can't import them directly to the PC....
  4. Personal music in iTunes

Personal music in iTunes: I have iTunes on my Windows 10 desktop. I have imported some CDs into iTunes on it. How do I get that music to show up in iTunes on my new laptop Windows 11? The laptop doesn't have a CD drive, so I can't import them directly to the PC....
  5. how to grant permission to Cortana to iTunes music

in Cortana
    how to grant permission to Cortana to iTunes music: how to grant permission to Cortana to iTunes music https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-permission-to-cortana-to-itunes-music/288c2406-cd69-4db6-b2b7-9879d581e6d2
  6. Groove Music and iTunes

Groove Music and iTunes: I downloaded an audio file and chose the format to be iTunes with success. The second audio file I downloaded went directly to Groove music and I am not able to access it from iTunes. How do I sync Groove music with my iTunes? I no longer have access to the downloadable...
  7. Can't find itunes music files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find itunes music files: iTunes says that it cannot find my music files, and this is true for almost all of my music. I found where the music is actually located and also where iTunes is 'looking'. Those two places are, of course, different. There are 17 files that are in the correct location and I...
  8. Groove Music and iTunes playlists

Groove Music and iTunes playlists: I think I figured this out! Via iTunes export your playlist in .m3u format, as long as you are "watching" a directory with an .m3u they will auto-magically show up in Groove Music. I did have to reset the app to make it look in that directory again, but it worked for me....
  9. Manage Music on iPhone 3GS without iTunes?

Manage Music on iPhone 3GS without iTunes?: My main phone is Android, but I've got an iPhone 3GS that I use for music and a few apps. However, iTunes is hopeless and can't find half of the music on my PC. What is the best way to manage music (and apps?) on an iPhone without iTunes? 46086
  10. how to move iphone music in itunes to windows itunes

how to move iphone music in itunes to windows itunes: How do I transfer iphone music that is in itunes to window pc itunes ? this include purchased and non-purchased from itunes. 25468