Windows 10: iTunes Slow to Load

Discus and support iTunes Slow to Load in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; iTunes is taking about 60s to load on my fast SSD based desktop PC when all other programs load within a few seconds. ITunes loads quickly once closed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve C, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

iTunes Slow to Load

iTunes is taking about 60s to load on my fast SSD based desktop PC when all other programs load within a few seconds. ITunes loads quickly once closed then restarted. I've tried the usual fixes of completely uninstalling & reinstalling iTunes, turning off syncing options & Genius and rebuilding the library to no avail. A Google search shows this is a common problem but the usual fixes mentioned don't work. Any ideas?

:)

Steve C, Dec 3, 2016
  2. KEL100 Win User

Windows 10 extremely slow after Feb. 6, 2016 update KB3135173

My computer was running great until this last update. Now everything loads very slow. The programs I use open slow and run slow, particularly Firefox and ITunes. last night I had to backup my ipad and I thought ITunes would never open!

I have several portable apps that I use from thumb drives.....ridiculously slow.

Does anyone have a solution for this, or can I roll back the update? I was hoping I had a restore point from earlier in the year but cant find one.

Help!

K

KEL100, Dec 3, 2016
  3. Marketplace app refund

Did you look in the Games Hub? It doesn't install to the full app list.

I have had no issues at all with Marketplace. Not sure what is so "f**king terrible" about Marketplace for you. What are your specific gripes? I personally find the interface with Zune a much better experience than with iTunes. iTunes is slow to load on
    my machine and takes forever to load data. Zune is much faster and I find what I want a lot easier.

Queen_Ladybug, Dec 3, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

iTunes Slow to Load

What have you tried so far?

Wullail, Dec 3, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    I've tried:

Steve C, Dec 3, 2016
  6. Loads slow for me. Are your data files (music, app backup, etc) on HD? Mine are and that involves a 12 gb load of data before program initiates.

lagunasrfr, Jul 26, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    Yes, my files are on a hard disk but I only have c. 1000 tracks. Sometimes iTunes loads fast, sometimes it's slow - go figure.

Steve C, Jul 27, 2017
  8. iTunes Slow to Load

I've found that if I've just waken windows from sleep or just restarted it, system services eat up processing - including windows cloud and win defender. iTunes takes very long to get any priority. Check Task Manager to see if you have conflicts when iTunes is trying to load.

lagunasrfr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

iTunes Slow to Load

1. iTunes Slow to Load - Similar Threads - iTunes Slow Load

2. Slow to load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow to load: My laptop is really slow to start up. And so do my apps except folders and documents. My web browser does this to sometimes. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-to-load/e6f05add-8163-400c-9b49-14156f4b689a
  3. Slow to load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow to load: My laptop is really slow to start up. And so do my apps except folders and documents. My web browser does this to sometimes. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-to-load/e6f05add-8163-400c-9b49-14156f4b689a
  4. Slow to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Slow Loading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow Loading: Some of the programs on my ssd have been loading slowly for a while now. I don't know when it started, but I think it has gotten a little slower recently. For example, when I click on chrome, nothing happens for about 5-7 seconds. Then when the program opens, it is blank for...
  6. slow loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow loading: Lately pages are loading extremely slow. I've emptied temp files, etc. but nothing works. Will resetting my computer help? It says I can choose what to keep. Will resetting get rid of my pictures and/or documents?...
  7. Slow loading of all apps and slow page loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow loading of all apps and slow page loading: I have a Windows 10 Laptop used for work. Program and internet access was fairly prompt. Updated and opening anything was VERY slow. Loading pages very slow. My Apple and XP machines are fine, connection is not the problem. Task Manager shows "Antimalware Service...
  8. Itunes app will not load.

Itunes app will not load.: Itunes app will not load. I have tried updated software and it did not help. Called apple support and they could not help. suggested I call Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-app-will-not-load/20ec58cc-7d99-4ac5-b786-91c80b0119b9
  9. iTunes Auto Loading at Startup

iTunes Auto Loading at Startup: Here's a tricky one for you (well I think it is anyway!) *Wink One of the casualties of my upgrade to Win 10 Home was my iTunes library. Basically, iTunes could no longer find my music, even though it hadn't moved. To cut a long story short, I ended up creating a new...
  10. Prevent iTunes from loading on startup

Prevent iTunes from loading on startup: Since I've upgraded to Windows 10, iTunes keeps loading on startup. I looked in the task manager under Startup, and disabled iTunesHelper. I don't see any other apps listed under Startup that are associated with iTunes or any other apple software. Am I missing something?...